Jump to content

Nightmare Fuels Counterpart?


Recommended Posts

I've been cooking up this theory for a while. Many of the characters that bring items into the Constant, such as Willow and Bernie, are thought to have been brought to the real world, however, they seem to have properties that they wouldn't have outside the Constant. I think that items such as these are changed because of the users feeling towards said item, similar to the way nightmare fuel can transform things and change how they work or behave, like Chester and the ancients seen in the metheus puzzle. I think this is how Bernie attracts the attention of shadow beasts, but then why would the terrorbeak in Willows trailer be afraid of Bernie? I think the Constants creatures are less powerful outside of it, so maybe they always had those abilities. Another example of this is seen in Wendys trailer where Abigail flashes, but doesn't stay there. That's about it. I'd love to see some criticism, and nitpicks about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

isnt strong, deals the same damage vs a pig than vs a shadow. Is just fragil glass hitting ethereal beings...

we had this conversation already i think

and i still stand to my point that the moon wants the shadows dead so there energy the moonglass last longer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

isnt strong, deals the same damage vs a pig than vs a shadow. Is just fragil glass hitting ethereal beings...

we had this conversation already i think

Still only glass have this feature. Regular spears or shadow swords don't last longer against shadow creatures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, landromat said:

Still only glass have this feature. Regular spears or shadow swords don't last longer against shadow creatures

that is actually a good point, finally

maybe klei didnt though about it but seems obvious more than a glass tied to a board having magical moon powers that the only works for lasting longer instead of having extra damage vs their nemesis which would make more sense with the hypothesis of moon magic being strong against shadows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lunar Magic is the counterpart.
Alter and by extension the Gestalts are absolute rivals to the Shadows.
They're constantly at war in the grotto and nightmare items repel small gestalts whilst making larger ones angry.
Having shadow stuff nearby will protect you from the small ones and make the large ones attack you.
unknown.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, -Variant said:

Lunar Magic is the counterpart.
Alter and by extension the Gestalts are absolute rivals to the Shadows.
They're constantly at war in the grotto and nightmare items repel small gestalts whilst making larger ones angry.
Having shadow stuff nearby will protect you from the small ones and make the large ones attack you.

This feels right but it also doesn't feel right (but one's theory is one's opinion).. in the Metheus Puzzle, the Ancient Obelisk shows the gateway with Nightmare and Lunar powers going into it to probably keep their Kingdom/City stable (I guess?)

 

idk.png

But, who knows, they might be rivals or not, and who knows which side we're saving/helping (or we'll bring both powers to their kingdom back, or maybe none at all, who knows?)

hmm, this makes me curious about The Forge animation...tempsnip.thumb.png.c6bb3ea086cc5e0773aa0365454a1bbd.png

what could Charlie possibly be controlling? Lunar Powers? The Mysterious Energy perhaps? I don't know... no one does, I'm just very curious about this particular part

I have another little question...
Who's Metheus?
The Moon? All we know about the moon is that Them is the Moon
Look, I have a little something...
Themoon
Who else sees the word "Them" in those words combined?

In the Axiom Visus teaser, look at the description (sorry if I'm going off topic here lol)

tempsnip.png.807bbb2cc1058b39fc3194e458ac3c0d.png

Who else sees "Metheus is here"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm calling the lunar magic "Lunar Essence" until Klei tells us it's name, I find it pretty fitting.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:09 PM, ShadowQueen said:

what could Charlie possibly be controlling? Lunar Powers? The Mysterious Energy perhaps? I don't know... no one does, I'm just very curious about this particular part

Pretty sure Charlie is gathering Lunar Essence here to fuel the Tragic Torch, you can see her doing the same in Axiom Visus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...