Where the heck's the figgy pudding?

Look Klei, I love you and all. But come on. You had one job.

You added figs. You added recipes for these figs. But you didn't add Figgy Pudding, the food that most people probably think of when you say figs.

Never mind the fact that Figgy Pudding doesn't actually have figs in it.

Heck, give Sweetish Fish the sweetener value their name suggests, and you could have a pretty good on-the-run sanity option, and maybe even just a good sanity option in general.

So maybe like

2 figs, 1 sweetener, 1 filler for 32.5 hunger, 33 sanity, and 5 HP.  

Unlike the other fig recipes, I could actually see myself making this one. Especially if, As I said, Sweetish Fish are given a sweetener value, thus letting you make this entirely at sea. 

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

What's a fig pudding? I didn't even know what a fig was until recently lol. Maybe if someone can tell me what a fig is in spanish? 

Figgy pudding is a dessert similar to a cake with dried fruits inside.

"Higo" is the word for Fig in spanish.

43 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

What's a fig pudding? I didn't even know what a fig was until recently lol. Maybe if someone can tell me what a fig is in spanish? 

i think its just a wordplay, cause figgy pudding is a dessert that happens to have the word fig in it, also i think it means "higo"

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Figgy Pudding is an English desert generally served around Christmas.

It doesn't actually have any fig, my idea's just a bit of word play.

I sure remember eating "fig puddings" that explicitly have figs in it - seriously you could chew the tiny seeds. Suffice to say I'm appalled by the revelation that most "Figgy Puddings" in the world don't actually have figs in it.

Edit:

istock_000018579358_large_wide-bdba5ca1d8560725030d526be2cea8c8f730e350.thumb.jpg.38ceddef0c941ec6f27b9b0ce912305a.jpgincirli-puding.jpg.ce87f2654eee28e5450bc08288bbcb52.jpgHuh turns out the English dish Figgy Pudding has nothing to do with what I was envisioning, funny how I couldn't find any "fig pudding" through english searches. It seems the figgy pudding was so impactful, noone in the english speaking world actually considered putting figs into a pudding.incirli_muhallebi.thumb.jpg.874fb822d93a0a64bc48155fe234a8b0.jpg

Betcha' one of the devs is reading all the requests for Figgy Pudding and thinking "yeah yeah yeah, I know everyone keeps asking for it. but we can't tell them it's getting added in the next winter's feast because it will ruin the surprise".

Archived