Alternate plants with wheezeworts or do your gardening in space biome with glass roof.

Haven't used mutated plants because the radiation requirement is a pain.

Maybe for setting up a greenhouse upon landing on a new asteroid? Except not really because then you still need glass and gas and temperature control, not to mention the 50 tons of berry sludge sitting in the floor of my rocket.

Some of the improved yields could be useful for mega bases if you're attempting premeditated murder of your fps by taking as many dupes as you can. But it's not like you're lacking dupe labor to just take care of more plants at that point. Maybe reduced fertiliser requirements might be more useful.

1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

to you compress liquid before that when you make tiles? as i understand higher the mass more radiation it emits

I think not, mutated plant just need 25 rad. but to get seed i think compress might be the best option.

One way I enjoy is to let pips plant them in solid nuclear waste.

@Yunru
Nice ! Which mutated seed do you use ? Exuberant sleet wheat ? 
Would you mind to share screens of your build ? Thanks

Also I would need help from theorycrafting spreadsheet heroes... What plant and which mutation (exuberant is my guess) is the best wild planted in calory efficiency (not considering the food morale bonus) ? @babba maybe ? You always have answers :)  

3 hours ago, Hokaeru said:

@Yunru
Nice ! Which mutated seed do you use ? Exuberant sleet wheat ? 
Would you mind to share screens of your build ? Thanks

Also I would need help from theorycrafting spreadsheet heroes... What plant and which mutation (exuberant is my guess) is the best wild planted in calory efficiency (not considering the food morale bonus) ? @babba maybe ? You always have answers :)  

I`m afraid I have not yet looked in to plant mutations, still working a few more thousand cycles on my basic base... I haven`t even built a fat reactor ever once ( still excited! ). Currently I`m trying to figure out mass rocket ways to delivery 1000 tons of stone every 1 hour to my base for building + 30 tons dedicated sand/regolith every 10 minutes...my home map has no raining regolith spawn, aaaaaaaaaah ! :dispirited::indecisiveness::oops:

Want to  further upgrade my rocket silos and rocket amounts + mass diamond press production for a gigazillion drill cone rockets, currently I have 6 in action.

Plants and critters are very low on my to do list, as long as I have enough food for 100-300 colonists all is ok. I will pass the holy grail ( question ) over to green thumb mastermind @sakura_sk :beguiled::p:fox:

Archived