what are your thoughts about new islands and a snow island?

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Because constantly giving the players more chores they have to complete so Charlie won't smite them right where they stand would suck the fun out of everything in no time.

Also... "new" content? Half of the original, vanilla Don't Starve is completely optional as well.

Just to specify I mean things like seasonal events (such as deerclops and antlion)

and other things relating to survival throughout the days.

Reason why I said double-edged sword is because on one hand

it means that there is more optional content (ofcourse) 

and the core pieces of survival (aka things like seasons, food, etc)

remain the same, but on the other hand the core pieces 

should be updated in some pieces imo.

There's likely like several factors and such

I missed, so do notify me of those if that is the case.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:17 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

(gasp)  Maybe that can be where they originally come from!  Like, they leap _out of the ocean_ in winter, which means they came from...elsewhere in the ocean...

"Pengulls live almost year-round at sea, only returning to the shore during winter to nest." - Pengull Portrait description

Well, a glacial sea-area would work with the current explanation

Spoiler

Winter_Portrait_Background.png.c63eae48e1d3be6863856fd0e34985ea.png

"Where do the birds go in spring?" - Winter Portrait description

download.jpg.5dbe4228039341b3cc9308eebea6d785.jpg

9 hours ago, Well-met said:

its okay to not expect a major update every 2 weeks

quality takes time no matter the company

If Klei is wanting to stay true to their “our goal is to have something new to look forward to each month” then they only have one week left on that.

However, personally I don’t care if they take as long as they need, I would rather have a good quality working update then something that was rushed to meet deadlines and breaks what used to work.

Here’s an idea: Whale iceberg.

What if there was a giant whale that swam around the map at around DST boat speed? Said whale is fused with an iceberg, creating a moving island. It would basically act as a giant boat, patrolling the edges of the sea. You could even build on there. It could have it’s own ecosystem, flora, fauna, and recourses. 

Climate: As it’s a whale iceberg, it could have a blizzard surrounding it, causing the player to freeze as if it were winter. You would be safe from the heat of summer here, preventing smouldering and overheating. In winter the blizzard worsens, causing you to freeze twice as fast. 

Biomes: Plains, Dunes, and Overhang. The Plains are large expanses of clear land and exposed ice. It has a medium sanity drain, and will freeze you quickly due to the howling winds. When “boarding” the whale, you end up here. The Dunes are similar to the planes, but the piles of snow in this biome block out the wind. It has a small sanity drain. Pengulls can be found here in all seasons except winter, as they go to the mainland for mating season. The Overhang is located underneath an overhanging cliff of ice. There is no sanity drain, and Coffee plants can be found here. A pool of water is located along the cliff, Viable for fishing. 

Flora: Shipwrecked Coffee plants can be found in the Overhang biome, surviving from the limited heat of the whale. A variant of evergreens, nevergreens are located in the Plains. They are blue in colour, and are slanted over from the constant battering of wind. They don’t spawn treegaurds, and give normal logs and nevergreen pinecones.
Fauna: Pengulls can be found in the dunes in all seasons in excluding winter, as they go to the mainland.
Recourses: Ice. A lot of ice, year round. It can be found in all biomes, both as minable outcrops and pieces of ice. Boulders occasionally fall from the Blowhole (see below). 

Blowhole: Every twenty days, the blowhole erupts, showering The Plains and Dunes with boulders, gold boulders, rocks, and occasionally fish. The Blowhole cannot be accessed and is not a biome.

Combat: By giving the whale a heated thermal stone, a boss fight will initiate. The whale has 20,000hp and will attack using bellyflops to create shipwrecked large waves (I’m not sure about other attacks). Upon death, the whale will sink and drop 40 ice, any items that were dropped on the iceberg, 10 meat, and [Insert valuable resources here]. The iceberg will not be accessible because it sank as well. In the next winter the whale will respawn, and the iceberg will be exactly the same, as if nothing had happened. All base pieces will remain on the iceberg, even through death.

Archived