Wormwood Saga: Day 3000+ Megabase Tour

Hello, folks!
A few days ago I decided it was time to retire my long-running Wormwood world, which I had started all the way back in December with the release of the Reap What You Sow update.

7LJtPOM.png

And today, I'm gonna give you a little tour of it. But not here. It took like 60 screenshots to show the entire megabase, so I decided to make an imgur post out of it instead. And since imgur links won't embed around here, you'll have to click this ugly, old link to see it:

https://imgur.com/gallery/m1X6DyH

Enjoy!

And just for the heck of it, some personal highlights for quick access:

Reception Area:

Spoiler

7RCQ6Fn.png

Hell's Kitchen:

Spoiler

UU7PiSA.png

The Harbor: (The second image is now missing from the imgur album...)

Spoiler

HXae3dn.png

harbor_left.thumb.png.73b8c96d9ac062f9fa970989e5dd87ea.png

Lord of the Fruit Flies in Exile:

Spoiler

zdK288J.png

Antlion Arena:

Spoiler

XpneFSv.png

Draconic Spiky Bush Garden:

Spoiler

w1UzkPb.png

5 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

They do that on their own! OP probably had to pull out the ones that were different though. I'm most impressed by the fire nettles around the spiky bush farm. Tis a nice touch. 

Thanks!

If by "do that on their own", you are referring to the weeds' spreading mechanic... sadly, no, they don't. Weeds only spread if there's not too many of the same weed within a certain radius... of something... I don't really remember how that works anymore. But the point is natural weed spread alone will never give you weeds packed together so tightly. (The radius is different for each weed, with forget-me-lots having the smallest radius, meaning they'll be more dense.)

What I did was till the soil, then kite the Lord of the Fruit Flies around the tilled spots so the Fruit Flies could plant weeds. Rinse and repeat until each corner is filled with one type of weed and only that type of weed. Needless to say, it took ages and was not a terribly fun experience. I recall it took me roughly 2 whole seasons  (and God knows how many Football Helms) to plant all the Fire Nettles around the spiky bush farm. traumatic flashback intensifies

11 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Thanks!

If by "do that on their own", you are referring to the weeds' spreading mechanic... sadly, no, they don't. Weeds only spread if there's not too many of the same weed within a certain radius... of something... I don't really remember how that works anymore. But the point is natural weed spread alone will never give you weeds packed together so tightly. (The radius is different for each weed, with forget-me-lots having the smallest radius, meaning they'll be more dense.)

What I did was till the soil, then kite the Lord of the Fruit Flies around the tilled spots so the Fruit Flies could plant weeds. Rinse and repeat until each corner is filled with one type of weed and only that type of weed. Needless to say, it took ages and was not a terribly fun experience. I recall it took me roughly 2 whole seasons  (and God knows how many Football Helms) to plant all the Fire Nettles around the spiky bush farm. traumatic flashback intensifies

Holy cow! I take it back. The weed garden is the most impressive thing for sure! Very cool way of decorating I hadn't seen anyone do before. 

Thanks for the clarification too! I just knew every time I come back to my far off plots every available spot is filled with weeds. It's incredibly tedious to get plants that tightly packed on console so it always stands out that they're so close together. 

16 minutes ago, CodexCorporis said:

Wait- how'd you get archives turf on the surface? Doesn't it break when you pitchfork it up?

Nope.

Though I did eventually use a mod that allowed me to craft the stuff out of moon rock and thulecite, cause I didn't wanna leave the archives looking bare and ugly.

On 7/2/2021 at 5:27 PM, Caochu said:

Impressive build !

What do you mean by a "Wormwood world" ?

I guess technically a "Wormwood world" would be a world where one plays Wormwood from start to finish with no character switching.

This is more of a "99% Wormwood world". I started as Wormwood and did everything as Wormwood, except 2 things:

• I switched to Wurt a couple of times to craft Marsh Turf, because, for some reason, Klei has decided that this one turf should only be craftable by her, and I didn't have it in me to dig up the entire swamp or to waste a year of my life farming Big Tentacles.
  • I switched to Warly here and there to cook up some Sweet Jellybeans and Spicy Volt Goat Chaud Froids.

Basically, I have this rule of picking a character and using only strats that work with that character, cause with how long some of my worlds last, I don't want them to devolve into the same "Winona catapults for X, Wolfgang 2x damage for Y, Wickerbottom book for Z, etc." situation. But I figured that using some Warly magic to alleviate tedium wouldn't really dilute the experience or anything.

It's looking very impressive, I really love the idea of "We have a swamp at home" place. I wish I could keep a world for more than 300+ days myself, but I get pretty bored, and the waves of enemies when I just want to build and decorate get annoying sometimes. Do you plan to do another megabase with some other character?

Archived