The artificial (skill) limitation of destructing Gravitas objects feels "broken" and wrong in my opinion.

This is the first time ever that something in the game feels totally wrong for me. That these objects require a skill for destruction, looking basically like regular household items, does not make much sense to me. If the furniture had some kind of blue magic effect or super special "alien" behaviour, then I would understand that some special magician or mechatronics skill would be required to dismantle a magic chair or some "Intelligent Terminator Self Defence Alien Plant Trap Pot". But it appears to the player to be "normal" plants, chairs, lights.

Please Klei, do not require a demolition skill to be able to destroy basic levels items like a light, chairs etc.

Dupes or humans can walk without requiring a "walking skill", "walking certificate" or "walking permit", to make some kind of similar comparison. :concern:

image.png.7280b18134c73bfb0f5517b0a52d950c.pngimage.png.d7f901c1c6c0902cfb55223ea3a3cd60.png The player needs to train and learn how to bash up a chair :confused::confused::confused:

image.thumb.png.3bdfb1ca83c64b6fba6bae07a5d5d16b.pngMonty Python - Bowler hats image.png.4822471c47a2fb923c92363c839b0b97.png

Certification and skill to be able to walk "correctly" :confused::confused::confused:

:-o

They are what is left of a shattered world and they appear fixed in place inside ruins all over the different planets. Of course you would need a special skill to deconstruct unknown entities :lol: (there is a chair but... no dupe can sit on it or understand the concept)

Maybe we need to research each and every one of these unknown entities in order to be able to deconstruct them and not have just a dupe skill? :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, babba said:

Dupes or humans can walk without requiring a "walking skill" or "walking certificate", to make some kind of similar comparison.

Dupes don't know how to walk out of trouble without player intervention :roll:

Honestly, the first second I saw this in the game I had to think of Dungeon Keeper mobile by EA and all these crazy purchase-diamonds and pay x dollars to have build allowance timers removed in mobile games. At least we can build ladders without training and without learning how to do that :frog:

Yes, I wouldn't mind if no special skill would be required.

But I don't mind current solution as well. I think it is super cool we can remove those buildings, the part about the skill is just a little detail I don't really care about looking at the grand scheme of things.

I am super happy that KLEI added this feature! One skill point cannot destroy my good opinion about it

Whether it's hard digging, super computer operating, or the ability to build conveyor rails, most skill lines incentivize us to invest in them.  In that regard the construction skill line has always been a bit of an outlier.  If gating the ability to deconstruct POIs behind the construction skill line helps correct that then that's good, IMHO.

It's also possible that Klei doesn't want new players accidentally deconstructing useful or lore-bearing POIs before they find their feet.

Dupes just are not very adaptable, they can use a super computer and rockets, when the printing pod did set those programs into their mind, however they would just not know how to destroy something unknown if the printing pod does not show them. Just think of lab rats.

Spoiler

oh the ruins of gravitas, shattered and broken, home to all experiments and the dupes origen, when will these buildings come down to rest, ghost of a past that only left us a scar in the sky, dismantled, forgotten and demolished for parts, that's the legacy that this corporation now has, if being covered in neutronium wasn't enough not they must suffer from the deep silence bellow, all that is left is the objects that will be housed by the remains of humanity, as a reminder of their past, enjoy your past little duplicant, enjoy your future.

shouldn't we be thankful for those ruins, the lore tells us that they are the reason that we are playing, at least save one as a reminder, but do what you want and have a nice day.

Archived