How to fight Crab King on console efficiently?

I just finished all of pearls quest you know the deal, I just want to know; How do I fight crab king without having to roll back 37 times, and have to come back to the fight!!!!

Just want to know some tips and strategies please!!! Im able to get anything soooo, all Ideas on the table.

Wolfgang, spring and spicy goat jelly, you damage him more than he can heal. Freeze when he does special attacks and prioritize claws when they spawn.

Spoiler

made a clip a while ago after someone asked on the console subforum. I'm very bad here, constantly swapping to a walking cane for no reason. I try to use the weather pain but as you can see and probably know it's literally a pain to use on console. Just hitting him with DS and swapping to ice staff to freeze is enough.

I parked 2 boats with flingomatics just in range and used a dwarf star and rope to keep him frozen whilst I attacked him from a closer 3rd boat. Other than the occasional claw spawn, he was unable to use any of his attacks before being refrozen. 

1 hour ago, Chizzler said:

I parked 2 boats with flingomatics just in range and used a dwarf star and rope to keep him frozen whilst I attacked him from a closer 3rd boat. Other than the occasional claw spawn, he was unable to use any of his attacks before being refrozen. 

I did the same thing.

Except that I put some feathers near the crab king and burn them with the Star. Honestly the best tactic ever. He fall down before hitting dusk.
Other than that. I think better boats like shipwrecked are needed *coff coff*

6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Here you go. Its not worth fighting this boss legit on console because the weather pain is broken.

This isn't pearled crab king right? Only purple is considerably easier IIRC, but maybe I'm didn't see the pearl.

I agree if you don't want to switch to Wolfgang, but if you do I think it's faster and cheaper to just hit him than to use bees or flingos, it only takes 2-2 and a half minutes and just a little over 1 dark sword, in proper conditions

@mx-pain on pc you can use weather pains properly and that makes the fight much easier than on console, I think OP's problem is console limitations more than anything else. Small field of view for sailing strat, not being able to do teleport from boat to boat strat, not even as Wortox, while also not being able to use weather pains is what makes CK much harder on console.

I did the bee method also since I was playing the world solo. Even doing that , expect a few rollbacks before you get it down . It's a bit tricky to get the boat moving fast at first , plus you need to keep pretty tight circles around him , and lastly I was having issues with a few bees following and stinging me . 

He is a once a world boss for me lol.

2 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

This isn't pearled crab king right? Only purple is considerably easier IIRC, but maybe I'm didn't see the pearl.

I agree if you don't want to switch to Wolfgang, but if you do I think it's faster and cheaper to just hit him than to use bees or flingos, it only takes 2-2 and a half minutes and just a little over 1 dark sword, in proper conditions

@mx-pain on pc you can use weather pains properly and that makes the fight much easier than on console, I think OP's problem is console limitations more than anything else. Small field of view for sailing strat, not being able to do teleport from boat to boat strat, not even as Wortox, while also not being able to use weather pains is what makes CK much harder on console.

Yeah its not pearled, but i use this method on pearled crab king and its the same thing just take a bit longer. 

I also don't like playing as anything but Wormwood haha so I wouldn't have the extra damage.

Archived