New Niobium placement.

So I don't know if anyone has noticed but I was messing around in debug mode on the testing branch it seems like the niobium asteroid now always has the niobium and volcano on a surface layer above the magma. You no longer need to dig to it, its just sitting on top. This was the case in 3 different worlds using the new forest asteroid. Unsure if this is a bug or intended.

It seems it is that way in the new world generation of any starting cluster (not sure about big classic terra..). There is a chance the different height of open space tweaked smaller planetoids' generation, but it could also be intended.. We'll see :D

I don't know about this. Digging down into magma is difficult if you don't know the trick. But having everything on top seems a bit too easy. And means there is no incentive to mess around with the magma at all

You don't have to use corner building or pitcher pumps to move the lava. You could do it the hard way by dumping water and cooling the lava, it's just hard.

Maybe a POI would help. Makes the molten niobium spew around in a hazardous manner.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:04 AM, SkunkMaster said:

I hope they give us asteroids on atleast 1 planet, any planet really.

I want my sweet sweet unlimited regolith source back...

The last patch from Friday pretty much did that. 

On 4/20/2021 at 10:18 AM, Gurgel said:

The last patch from Friday pretty much did that. 

Which planet did they add it to (I can't remember how to turn on debug mode to check myself since i haven't been playing while waiting for the game to stablize)?

1 hour ago, Korbin said:

Which planet did they add it to (I can't remember how to turn on debug mode to check myself since i haven't been playing while waiting for the game to stablize)?

I thought it was the starting one, but it is not. I may have misunderstood something here.

Ah, there it is: 

• Added voles & regolith back to the surface of the Terra moonlet

I mistook that to actually have regolith from meteors. But it only means there is a surface layer of regolith now, apparently.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

I thought it was the starting one, but it is not. I may have misunderstood something here.

Ah, there it is: 

• Added voles & regolith back to the surface of the Terra moonlet

I mistook that to actually have regolith from meteors. But it only means there is a surface layer of regolith now, apparently.

Regolith meteors would be exciting :p

image.png.361eeadf788886e72f595aa6f1ab3c8a.png

I hope it's not brought back to the first few planetoids.  Having to amass a mountain of steel to play with space was the problem in the base game, the dlc is a huge improvement.  Zooming to another planet on co2 without an atmosuit is awesome.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:15 AM, gabberworld said:

by looking code they seems rebuild that. i guess they add comet rain back to game when its finish

Would be my expectation as well, yes.

2 hours ago, Lacero said:

I hope it's not brought back to the first few planetoids.  Having to amass a mountain of steel to play with space was the problem in the base game, the dlc is a huge improvement.  Zooming to another planet on co2 without an atmosuit is awesome.

Good point. Maybe have this on the 2nd only, where you go via teleporter? That would give more legitimacy to the teleporter (which some people will not like), but would be a neat solution.

I never liked the comet rain of the base game.. IMO it was way overdone.. an occasionaly rain every few docend cycles perhaps, but this daily bombartment was almost ridiculous. I would very okay with one planetoid with comet rain again, as kind of special challenge, but please no don't bring it back to (almost) all of them..

On 5/5/2021 at 6:35 PM, gabberworld said:

that i think what happens, probaply the start planet, adding this to other planets is not a good idea

I got the idea, the incentive of Spaced Out was to make Space Travel rather early available. So comets on the starting planet might be a bad idea.. Maybe on the one you teleport to (So far I never even built a Rocket Platform there).. or you make it for a new planetoid.. yes it's a little challange but not so much. You trailblaze down and need to built bunker doors right away...

1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

because other asteroids seems open atm without any layer protection , if add rain for example water asteroid, imagine what heat can todo for him

Oh yeah, of course it wouldn't be appropriate for the ocean planet. I was thinking meteorites should be on the magma planet.

I think it should be its one planet (hyper conductive would be cool) with the base daily bombardment of meteors from vanilla (all that sweet metal...).

Maybe for the water moonlet, every 10 cycles, water meteors fall at lukewarm temp (or the temp of the water moonlet surface)

For the swamp planets, maybe a mix of slime and algae meteors?  It wouldn't cause damage as its so soft

Oily would have frozen oil meteors, which bring oil

radioactive, maybe uranium meteors (or the radioactive comets that are in sandbox).  These would be VERY destructive, but refined metal, or harder substances wouldn't suffer much from it (refined metals would block)

Tundra, ice meteors. Pretty simple.

and superconductive, which could have obsidian meteors, which explode into magma.  Also, maybe the vanilla meteors and everyday bombardment

The first asteroid will never have meteors.

That is all for now

Archived