Any chance we can revert the marble tree nerf?

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you can drop backpacks meanwhile you fight and pick it after defeating the enemy

Classic DS Solo strategy right there :) absolutely a requirement to pass stronghold choke points in single player game.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Classic DS Solo strategy right there :) absolutely a requirement to pass stronghold choke points in single player game.

mandatory in my last DS run since i increased by 100 all bosses damage xD

also i like to fight with my miner hat/moggles equiped, i dont like being limited by the lantern range and less against terrobeaks, makes me feel caustrophobic

While I certainly understand the dislike of mike by many forums users, this is not what the thread is about. I’d like to discuss the marble nerf, like many others likely want to. Take it to DMs, or just get back on topic. 

Thanks.

Calling it now, thread is gonna get locked.

the change made it more "suitable" for early game but less rewarding in the long run. Personally, I think it's fine as is, I'm sure marble suits became a lot more popular due to this, and I don't think there's anything wrong in having to use bearger/stalker/weather pains to mass farm it in a timely manner, after all that's what we do for logs and rocks as well if we need lots of them. That being said, it definitely wouldn't bother me if it had a little better return on the trees, but I think making the suits much cheaper was a good thing.

13 minutes ago, Grim the said:

While I certainly understand the dislike of mike by many forums users, this is not what the thread is about. I’d like to discuss the marble nerf, like many others likely want to. Take it to DMs, or just get back on topic. 

Thanks.

Calling it now, thread is gonna get locked.

Thank you for aporting, nothing? lol

12 minutes ago, Aheguro said:

Thank you for aporting, nothing? lol

I was reporting nothing, because I was never reporting in the first place. The intent was to get the thread back on topic, but I’ve said enough here. I’ll leave those participating to it.

If one thing I want to change is make the drop 1 marble and 1 marble bean guaranteed everytime you mine a level 3 shrub. Hate it when you have to hold the craft button a long time to get more marble beans because the shrubs drop mostly marble if you have bad luck.

I don't agree with increasing the amount however, marble suit has that nice 95% damage reduction, but also fairly low durability and speed penalty. It works well only when you pair it with a head slot armor to compensate for low durability. The only reason you want tons of marble in late game is for mass producing checkerboard flooring for megabase purposes. Otherwise, I don't see the need of increasing the amount.

I agree with reverting the nerf to the marble farming cuz it takes a lot of time and effort but I don't think the changes to the marble armor need to happen cuz in the end marble suit is not utilized as much. Increasing marble drop rate won't really break the game even with existing marble suit recipe. It would just make the decoration aspect for marble structures much more rewarding and fun :)

On 4/7/2021 at 1:26 PM, Maybe a dog said:

I would however like them to address how long it takes to harvest from them so it doesnt feel as much of a drag. Just small QoL changes.

this is a great idea! but then keeping the current drop rate

Archived