Does Klei even read these Topics in the Fourms?

Hey Everyone!

As the title says, does Klei even reads these Topics we post or are these just a waste our time? And if Klei reads these, does it mean that Klei is intentionally ignoring our pleads for Bugfixs/Content updates for DS Singleplayer?

EDIT:- I actually mean singleplayer fourms not the DST ones.

...Love the Gorge 

Pretty sure when you post something it’s almost guaranteed to get read by a dev because Klei values community feedback.

However, it’s also almost guaranteed that they won’t respond unless necessary. That would take a ton of time which could be much better spent working on the game!

On 4/5/2021 at 3:49 AM, Friendly Grass said:

--[[Long Story Short]]--

I understand that but mostly only modrators see these, not the actual devs.

And they haven't been working on DS so ummm...... (puts me thinking)

And i don't understand why they are not working on DS. If Klei actually wanted DS can be made far better than DST it already has the content, it just needs the QoLs and Bugfixes.

Sure they read these forums, but bugs don't really belong here, they belong in the Bug Tracker for DS: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/17-dont-starve-bug-tracker/ 

As far as posts for requested content updates, they've NEVER commented on each and every request. That's just not how it works. This is a community forum for users, not like, a personal appointment space to pitch ideas to the devs and have them veto or approve. 

Sure, of course they read here, and take ideas back to their team to discuss when necessary, but not every idea has the same weight or value. It wouldn't do them any good to even say, "hey great idea, I'll take it back to the team!" because that sets an expectation of follow-up and follow-through for the user, which isn't reasonable for one developer to set without Klei's support.

Besides, this is a pretty old game at this point. I would love it if it were still at the top of their list for development, but lets be realistic, they've got newer and more revenue-generating games now. This game launched in late 2012/early 2013. We're closing in on the 10 year mark, so ANY new content is a blessing.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Unnat7 said:

.Love the Gorge 

They should make Forge and Gorge as single player games. Kind of like with Hot Lava. 

4 hours ago, imsomony said:

This game launched in late 2012/early 2013. We're closing in on the 10 year mark, so ANY new content is a blessing.

A decade anniversary update would be lovely.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, minespatch said:

A decade anniversary update would be lovely.

Do we need to create some hype? I think maybe so. 

Klei ... WE NEED A PUZZLE! We miss your comics, soundbytes, artwork, and IT/dev sneakiness and creativity.  

10 year anniversary coming soon, lets goooooo! :yaypigs:

We don't have unlimited resources. We can't read every post. But we can watch what stuff pops up the most and what needs to be addressed based on what is affecting most people. 

Don't Starve hasn't been in active development for quite a while now - but that doesn't mean that it isn't good for people to talk about what they would like to see and what is bothering them. That helps us figure out if our resources are in the right place. 

The fact is we have been operating at 100% capacity for a very very long time now. I am just being straightforward with you here. We don't have a lot of extra resources to spread around. If we could do literally everything everybody wanted, we would. But we can't. We try to use the resources we have in the best way that we can. 

We recently said that we were going to try to get some resources on doing what we can to get the ports for DS in better shape and we're working with porting partners on that now. That kind of thing takes time. That's about the extent of our extra resources as the moment. 

On 4/14/2021 at 11:06 AM, JoeW said:

--[[Long Story Short]]--

Thanks for replying! Firstly thanks for making this Game in the first place Klei. I know you guys haven't got that much resources/time but all i mean to say that DS hasn't got any attention lately where DST gets weakly updates it's just upsetting, and the situation for DS would be much better if it gets some bugfixs just every 3-6 months and even some content updates could drag more players to this game.

And sorry to bother you.

19 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

--[[Long Story Short]]--

Yes, I would like to know that too.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:00 AM, minespatch said:

--[[Long Story Short]]--

The Forge and Gorge would be nice in singleplayer, but as Shipwrecked and Hamlet didn't get ported to DST it seems justified that DST got those DLCs

And the decade anniversary would be great too! Klei if possible just port the character reworks, RWYS, and Klaus for this anniversary update Please.

Archived