Klei Challenge of the month, a way to bring back the fun of adventure mode

Know what would be fun? An official Klei CHALLENGE. I think the devs are super creative and had a lot of enjoyment from creating adventure mode; I've come up with a way to bring that back. This would be in the form of Klei's challenge of the month on the main menu. Custom worlds unlike anything that can be built with the current custom world presets, character restrictions, strange new initial spawn locations, crafting restrictions and a world goal. Perhaps an extra skin roll for your efforts? Well, that's for Klei to decide.

Introduction

Charlie thinks she can push each character to their limit and break their spirit. She will build a world that exploit each of the survivors weaknesses and shake them to their core. Can they overcome with their own strength? 

Community

How cool would be to brainstorm with each other and proving our mettle as a community? Perhaps a unique skin on extremely hard challenges that make grown men cry?  A way to fit in a small amount of content and discussion in between updates.

Examples: 

Do the monster smash- Wurt only

World- An enormous swamp biome at the center surrounded by small forests biomes. The swamp is infested with tentacles at every turn. No wild merms, a starting gold axe but there is no flint in the whole world. 

Goal- Clear the swamp of tentacles before Winter. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Trapped in the spider's web- Webber only

World- Small island resembling a web and a few patches of resources. Hounds spawn daily, in small amounts at first such as 1-2 a day, to eventuality 10 every day. 

Goal- Reach the main Island which is a far larger spiders web with more resources and spider nests. Survive 10 days on the main island.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gumming up the works- Wx-78 Only

World- Spawn in the ruins. There are some resources on some biomes guarded by nightmare lights and clockworks are scarce. Only source of food is gears. Nightmare light activate in the surrounding biomes in a clockwise fashion every few minutes. Every complete cycle (2 days) they all turn on at once. 

Goal- Survive 12 cycles (24 days)

Conclusion

Probably a pipe dream since I'm sure there are a lot of limitations that could keep this from happening. The devs might have no interest or time but I still thought it would be cool to share. 

Although, perhaps it can work if its simple custom worlds like the worlds in the single player adventure mode? And scattered about the area are pieces to a marble Charlie statue (look for right arm, etc). Put the statue together and charlie fills the surrounding area with roses.

I’m still convinced that the constant, the mobs inhabiting it, the atmosphere of it etc... is all tailored to whoever is currently sitting on the nightmare throne.

And IF this Theory is correct- it would be interesting to see an “Adventures Mode” where whoever we “Win the Game” with and take over the throne their “Mindset & desires” are what fills the constant.

Maxwell liked dark, brooding, grim etc... 

Where as Charlie’s world is more colorful, inviting, charming, there’s a few “sinister things” but outside of that it’s mostly Roses & Shadow Carrat racing.

Imagine if each character had their own “vision” of what they see the constant as.

Thats something I would love to see explored with an Adventures Mode.. if it’s possible.

I can just picture WX78’s constant replacing all existing mobs with Mechanical gears giving contraptions.

could be fun to have limited time maps with unique challenge and setpieces as events like how other games have "daily challenges" or how biding of isaac have the challenge with limited powers or prebuilt items combinations but applied to dst like how adventure mode maps were created

31 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

could be fun to have limited time maps with unique challenge and setpieces as events like how other games have "daily challenges" or how biding of isaac have the challenge with limited powers or prebuilt items combinations but applied to dst like how adventure mode maps were created

I got my idea from playing The binding of isaac! 

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m still convinced that the constant, the mobs inhabiting it, the atmosphere of it etc... is all tailored to whoever is currently sitting on the nightmare throne.

Wilson was sitting on the throne and he couldn't do anything. The throne needs to be controlled, just like Charlie controls it now, to use it.

20 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

this remind me of the Halloween Mod Challenge
anyone remember that? XD

Woah some are those are pretty cool. Night terrors with the enemies just coming up out of the ground for you is such a cool idea, wish we had some special enemy that did that on new and full moons during hallowed nights

Archived