Taming Beefalo in spring

What is the issue with the Beefalos in spring? Sometimes they like you despite the heat, sometimes they will attack you and won't take any food. Rollbacks and relogins seems to influence it, and Beefalo acts like the whole taming process was reset. It's face doesn't change, but the riding timer is low.

3 minutes ago, BezKa said:

What is the issue with the Beefalos in spring? Sometimes they like you despite the heat, sometimes they will attack you and won't take any food. Rollbacks and relogins seems to influence it, and Beefalo acts like the whole taming process was reset.

You need beefalo hat to tame them in spring. Otherwise they will keep attacking you. But last time I was taming beef in spring before last bugfix, and it was a casual pain, because just after seconds it kick player out of saddle, but I didn't had any further issues.

4 minutes ago, Notecja said:

You need beefalo hat to tame them in spring. Otherwise they will keep attacking you. But last time I was taming beef in spring before last bugfix, and it was a casual pain, because just after seconds it kick player out of saddle, but I didn't had any further issues.

It didn't attack anything even though it was in heat. That's the confusing part. I managed to prepare only one hat and I gave it to a friend, who's beefalo went bonkers in spring, while mine was fine. 

1 minute ago, BezKa said:

It didn't attack anything even though it was in heat. That's the confusing part. I managed to prepare only one hat and I gave it to a friend, who's beefalo went bonkers in spring, while mine was fine. 

did you use the bell? bounded beefalos has a weird heat behavior

those are normal beefalo behaviours, when beefalo is in heat, riding timer will be significantly reduce, if you are riding on a beefalo in heat, you got control of it, so it won't attack anything, but when it drops you down, it is gonna attack any nearby mob and player without beefalo hat

the bell just help you to prevent the beefalo from returning to the herd

when beefalo attempt to attack anything, there is a busy timer so you can't feed it or ride on it, in fact you may dodge the first attack and feed or ride on it without beefalo hat by spamming the action, but that is not recommended because of the consequence

I've found spring intresting, my tamed beefalo goes into heat but dosen't aggro onto anything unless provoked as normal. And the heat dosen't last the whole season, only a few days. Now with heat outside of spring, if bonded i find that they don't go into heat as intended. I have not had a partially tamed beefalo in spring though.

On 3/28/2021 at 12:25 PM, BezKa said:

The beefalo is in heat, which means they are ready and prepared to reproduce, with most big animal, it requires a fight upon the taming process it only makes sense that if you wear a beefalo hat, of which makes you seem like a beefalo, that your beefalo will try to mate with you :D XD

11 minutes ago, Lemoncello said:

The beefalo is in heat, which means they are ready and prepared to reproduce, with most big animal, it requires a fight upon the taming process it only makes sense that if you wear a beefalo hat, of which makes you seem like a beefalo, that your beefalo will try to mate with you :D XD

what are you doing step-beefalo

Archived