I wanted to report a player and he purposely destroyed my base - (Klei Official)

I built my base for over 200 days, and when everyone left the game, it was me alone, he appeared and destroyed the base. I can't kick him off the server because it's just me. . He probably did this a lot of times because his steam account was renamed many times. After he destroyed my base he kept changing his name and he didn't even fear at all when threatened that I would report it.

The photos I  took were only when he destroyed a little bit, I really didn't want to see what he did so I left the game.

20210313063457_1.jpg

20210313063501_1.jpg

20210313063522_1.jpg

20210313063523_1.jpg

Welcome to the forums... and to the griefing phenomenon, sadly.

Yeah, in KLei official pubs (or unmoderated pubs in general), people play and build having constantly the risk someone will come along and trash everything, like with your case. If alone or even 2 players, the 3rd joining in can pretty much do everything they want, as 2 vs 1 can't kick and alone you're at their mercy. KLei won't take any actions regarding case-by-case griefing, as they have a hands-off approach. Best advice in your sitution is to either get quickly 2 friends and try to rollback server or simply don't play KLei official/unmoderated pubs. Go for community dedicated (Endless) servers where admin and/or moderators are present and do actively policize players. There you can build to your heart's content knowing your work will be protected in a form or another.

That is so sad. I've never gotten why some people get their fun out of being awful to other people when there are TONS OF OTHER THINGS TO DO, but there's always just jerks and bullies I guess.  :(

ROLL.  BACK.  Thank goodness we have that feature in DST!  This kind of situation is exactly what it's for.  I myself only usually play on my own servers, and (rarely) leave it public but carefully watch newcomers, or (most of the time, these days) have it friends-only.  (Edit:  Whoops, I didn't read the first post properly.  It might not be possible to roll back a Klei official server...)

Unfortunately, some people are just...(thinks of a forum-friendly word) genitals.  And they can, in a short amount of time, wreck the hard work of many other people over many hours.  :(

...Notorious

i am going to report his account on steam B)i

i recommend you to put the celestial orb or any object that can reveal where are your structures far from your base, also before to tell someone were is your base check how many hours he has played in don't starve together and if he constantly changes his name

I noticed you posted this twice so I'll reply here as well:

Welcome to public servers :)

There's no reason for them to fear reports, there is no banning system, probably some community shared blacklists that only work to a certain extent ofc; pubs will always be griefed, you have to expect and deal with it or you'll probably get mad. Leaving the game in that situation is probably the best thing you can do, they won't have fun if they're not griefing anybody.

6 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

I still dont understand why people do this .. 

People are idiots in general. If anything, we should feel sorry for griefers, if you think about it, you must be having a pretty sad life if making people feel bad is what gives you satisfaction. 

12 hours ago, BeeClops said:

People are idiots in general. If anything, we should feel sorry for griefers, if you think about it, you must be having a pretty sad life if making people feel bad is what gives you satisfaction. 

He just trying to stop him/her and there is nothing wrong about it.

About problem, dst is kind of game need level system. Players should have levels that work in all type of servers and this level should increase or decrease by the action they do, the feedback of people, the surviving time etc.

So those kiddos that destroy game and exit could be detected at first and have the shame tag until they start to learn to be nice.

Klei don't care. Even if they did, you've offered not real proof that he did it. All you have is a picture of you and Wortox with a mod showing a username that that claimed account has had standing in a base with some burnt stuff. It's not even a lot of burnt stuff, it's just five chests, a tent, and a pair of prototypers.

7 hours ago, Gods fiddler said:

i am going to report his account on steam

Steam most certainly don't care.

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

He just trying to stop him/his and there is nothing wrong about it.

About problem, dst is kind of game need level system. Players should have levels that work in all type of servers and this level should increase or decrease by the action they do, the feedback of people, the surviving time etc.

So those kiddos that destroy game and exit could be detected at first and have the shame tag until they start to learn to be nice.

This sounds great, fully support that, isn't there something like that in LOL? if a massive game like that can do it then it shouldn't be too difficult or too crazy idea. Bottom line is as long as there are no consequences, most people won't behave.

4 hours ago, Maskaljen said:

This sounds great, fully support that, isn't there something like that in LOL? if a massive game like that can do it then it shouldn't be too difficult or too crazy idea. Bottom line is as long as there are no consequences, most people won't behave.

Exactly, most of long-term online games have this system.

17 hours ago, mitran31397 said:

I built my base for over 200 days, and when everyone left the game, it was me alone, he appeared and destroyed the base. I can't kick him off the server because it's just me. . He probably did this a lot of times because his steam account was renamed many times. After he destroyed my base he kept changing his name and he didn't even fear at all when threatened that I would report it.

The photos I  took were only when he destroyed a little bit, I really didn't want to see what he did so I left the game.

20210313063457_1.jpg

20210313063501_1.jpg

20210313063522_1.jpg

20210313063523_1.jpg

good

(im just angry that you have to take this to the forums for absolutely no reason, there will be no ban, there will be nothing done, this is the risk you take making your game public, all you can do is roll it back)

15 hours ago, Maskaljen said:

If a massive game that earns billions of dollars per year, is one of the most popular games in the world (if not the most popular), is made by a multi-billion dollar company, and is made by a company with thousands of employees can do something then surely a company with tens of employees can do it?

I'd think you're joking but someone's taking you seriously.

7 hours ago, Cheggf said:

If a massive game that earns billions of dollars per year, is one of the most popular games in the world (if not the most popular), is made by a multi-billion dollar company, and is made by a company with thousands of employees can do something then surely a company with tens of employees can do it?

I'd think you're joking but someone's taking you seriously.

If you think money wise then you can apply that logic to anything in this game, from updates to whatever else, so why do anything in a small game then right? It should be left without any more work and people are still gonna play it and it will still bring revenue, so let's just stop making any changes now instead of making the game grow.

My logic was it is far more difficult to control and apply these rules in a game that is played by millions of users and is highly competitive. DST is not competitive, it doesn't have those struggles. But it can deal with a problem that's probably discouraging more players to try it out, griefers are not fun in any game. If a game wants to grow it needs to eliminate the parts that are not fun.

39 minutes ago, Maskaljen said:

If you think money wise then you can apply that logic to anything in this game, from updates to whatever else, so why do anything in a small game then right? It should be left without any more work and people are still gonna play it and it will still bring revenue, so let's just stop making any changes now instead of making the game grow.

What on Earth are you talking about?

My logic was it is far more difficult to control and apply these rules in a game that is played by millions of users and is highly competitive.

That logic is nonsense because it is far easier to control and apply these rules in a game that is so strictly competitive and popular. They have the money to have the teams and the tech to handle player punishment, and even if they didn't those games are still inherently so much easier to tell when people are griefing. Guy died 50 times in one game because he kept going under tower as soon as he respawned with no minion cover? Completely impossible to do on accident. Wilson smashed a science machine within 30 seconds of joining? Maybe he saw there was already an Alchemy Engine at the spawnbase.

Klei most certainly does not have the manpower to handle manual reports, and this game is far too open for any automatic punishments to be of any use.

DST is not competitive, it doesn't have those struggles.

Yeah, the struggles of the game being relatively linear on what players are supposed to do and aren't supposed to do. That sure makes it hard to see when people are acting out of line.

But it can deal with a problem that's probably discouraging more players to try it out, griefers are not fun in any game. If a game wants to grow it needs to eliminate the parts that are not fun.

There is not a single person who is refusing to buy DST because if he joins Klei servers as opposed to any of the many other options the server might be griefed but he's completely fine with it being reset when he goes to sleep anyways lmfao.

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

What on Earth are you talking about?

That logic is nonsense because it is far easier to control and apply these rules in a game that is so strictly competitive and popular. They have the money to have the teams and the tech to handle player punishment, and even if they didn't those games are still inherently so much easier to tell when people are griefing. Guy died 50 times in one game? Completely impossible to do on accident. Wilson smashed a science machine within 30 seconds of joining? Maybe he saw there was already an Alchemy Engine at the spawnbase.

Klei most certainly does not have the manpower to handle manual reports, and this game is far too open for any automatic punishments to be of any use.

Yeah, the struggles of the game being relatively linear on what players are supposed to do and aren't supposed to do. That sure makes it hard to see when people are acting out of line.

There is not a single person who is refusing to buy DST because if he joins Klei servers as opposed to any of the many other options the server might be griefed but he's completely fine with it being reset when he goes to sleep anyways lmfao.

I'm not quite sure what makes you an expert on what Klei as a company can do and can't do so I don't see what's the purpose of being so negative towards changes that can improve the quality of gameplay. I would like to see you suggest some actual solutions instead of having very opinionated negative feedback that really offers nothing here. You actually support griefers being able to run amock as far as I understand it.

Just to refer to some ideas being suggested in this treat; reputation points, such as surviving in a world specific amount of days. You can't really go afk in this game due to random events, hounds to begin with, so that's at least one way to collect reputation points. Other players giving you reputation points, there is a multitude of possibilities here. So again, I wonder, what's the purpose of you negating a system here that could possibly improve the overall gameplay for people who do want to have the social aspect of the game? Other than you thinking you know exactly the resources and technical possibilities of a company and that there is no way they can do it regardless of how such a system would look like. lmfaos and lols do not impress me btw :D

Archived