Perpetuum Mobile

12 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

Wood to the Distiller, Carbon dioxide to the Slickster, Ethanol and Petroleum to the Generator, Polluted water and dirt to the Arbor tree.

1770233090_gif.gif.5575aa5c0f210e09c97e7d3a1a5c7fbd.gif

Read more here

Your brownish/copper looking gif looks amazingly nice :excitement: Thanks for sharing :p

2 minutes ago, babba said:

Your brownish/copper looking gif looks amazingly nice :excitement: Thanks for sharing :p

If not for the cyrillic I would have said it had happened in an asteroid south of the río grande.

3 hours ago, babba said:

Your brownish/copper looking gif looks amazingly nice

It's not me, it's the MaterialColor mod ;)

9 hours ago, Duck986 said:

До сих пор не понимаю, почему они сделали две нефти в переводе - неочищенную и "обычную". Путаницу же вызывает.

И путаницу и нелогичность. Ну не могут же ракеты летать на нефти.

For English speakers... Discussed the ridiculous translation: crude oil and petroleum. Which in Russian sounds like: dirty oil and oil.

28 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

It's not me, it's the MaterialColor mod ;)

И путаницу и нелогичность. Ну не могут же ракеты летать на нефти.

For English speakers... Discussed the ridiculous translation: crude oil and petroleum. Which in Russian sounds like: dirty oil and oil.

Looking at your nice ambient gif I can really imagine some fellas washing gold with their hands in the water, looking for nuggets in the river...

Gold washers listening to dub step None A Jah Jah Children at the Rio Grande :cheerful::afro::cheerful:

image.png.cf4a358f108cd45735d2116340a4d07e.png

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

Out of morbid curiosity: what's the name for naphta then?

@babba I really need to know what other "beer" you're having... It was those egyptian hymns at first and now this... Loving your soundtrack so far.

1 minute ago, DimaB77 said:

The word Naphtha is in the Russian language. The translation is Ligroin.

I did notice the "нефть" popping up when slicksters blessed the pool of fuel. I would appreciate the cyrillic for ligroin...

It could be worse...
In Costa Rica kerosene is canfín which is a latinization of something merchants stamped on their crates: "can't fine"...  weird people thought of to avoid fines, taxes, and other such tariffs by imposing their opinion with a stamp, on a box. They clearly never heard of the power of bureaucracy ... lol.

Some call it jet fuel.

3 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

dirty oil and oil.

We kinda have the same in Italian. We have "greggio" which is the closest to "crude", which can be use as a noun for crude oil, but it's a technical word, not commonly used. Most Italians would refer to crude oil as "petrolio". The best translations would be "gasolio" (gasoline/petrol) for the fuel and "petrolio" for crude oil. But then I don't think you can get plastic from gasoline.

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

It's a little more complicated than that. In ONI, for rocket fuel, the word kerosene or gasoline will do, but not for polymer press.
And in general, the largest fraction in oil is mazut.

Kerosene makes me wild, like hanging on the runway fence in St.Martin, putting swimming goggles on and getting sandblasted by 747 engines. I wish jet engines where in the game... Engine test stand oooooooooh, that would be nice :p. Even if we may never have airplanes in the game, if I could put some p51 mustang propeller on a pedestal - That would be great.

@JRup Jan Lewan always expanding! 

New project : use dupe waste to feed arbor tree,use polluted dirt off gas to keep dupes breathable, make slime => mushroom.

Make a closed colony that doesn't require any "input". Wild plants are allowed. But to make it harder, try to make it as small as possible and support as much dupes as possible :x

You can create as long a production chain as you want, including a closed one, but the price of such work is... a penny.
First, no one in their right mind would want to repeat it (or even visually check it), and secondly, what works on Rime will not work on Volcanea, what worked in this release may not work after several releases.

"Only wild plants allowed" contradicts "make it as small as possible".:(

30 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

"Only wild plants allowed" contradicts "make it as small as possible".:(

I didn't suggest the only part .... just in case you want wrapped mushroom and don't have chlorine :x (Errhh .... a closed system don't have chlorine sustainability anyway)

On 3/4/2021 at 4:16 AM, MinhPham said:

New project : use dupe waste to feed arbor tree,use polluted dirt off gas to keep dupes breathable, make slime => mushroom.

Make a closed colony that doesn't require any "input". Wild plants are allowed. But to make it harder, try to make it as small as possible and support as much dupes as possible :x

Check out my Hermit Base thread.

Archived