Posts that don't deserve their own thread.

1 hour ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Fralx probably confused Veep for Rook, and then the real Rook showed up. Explains his mustache line.

New headcanon too. 

There's an old dad joke in Spanish that goes like:

- Hey Joe, long time no see! Wow, you sure look different, I barely didn't recognize you!
- Sir, my name is Sam.
- Wow, you changed your name too!?

9 minutes ago, pacovf said:

New headcanon too. 

There's an old dad joke in Spanish that goes like:

- Hey Joe, long time no see! Wow, you sure look different, I barely didn't recognize you!
- Sir, my name is Sam.
- Wow, you changed your name too!?

Sounds good, but where's the "dad" part of the dad joke? Or is it a specific spanish thing not translated to english?

Are psychics a thing, and is Rook a low-key psychic? If I'm not mistaken, his art appears on the various "psychic" cards, and he's able to cause people to completely doubt their goals and convictions just by repeatedly flipping a coin (conveniently called the Psychic Coin) mid-conversation.

If the Heshian stuff is psychic, maybe it's related to Lumin/whatever the fancy drink they...er, drink is? (I forget the name, but it's the one that makes people's eyes glow). If so, that'd make an interesting Dune parallel, where instead of space oregano you have space octane.

At any rate, Rook's psychic powers would need an alternate source (unless Rook went undercover as a Heshian once and things went off-the-rails). There's the parasites as an option, but what about edge cases where the psychic cards are acquired before the parasite?

2 hours ago, Smokestack said:

If the Heshian stuff is psychic, maybe it's related to Lumin/whatever the fancy drink they...er, drink is? (I forget the name, but it's the one that makes people's eyes glow). If so, that'd make an interesting Dune parallel, where instead of space oregano you have space octane.

At any rate, Rook's psychic powers would need an alternate source (unless Rook went undercover as a Heshian once and things went off-the-rails). There's the parasites as an option, but what about edge cases where the psychic cards are acquired before the parasite?

Lumin Wine, I think

22 hours ago, Smokestack said:

(unless Rook went undercover as a Heshian once and things went off-the-rails). 

Well, from what we know about Rook's mysterious secret client.... they have access to low-level Admirality clerks and Civilians as minions, but very much prefer to sacrifice them over keeping them alive as potential witness (remember the head priest in the Hesh hideout in Sal's campaign first reaction?), they order hits to preserve the reputation of the Cult of Hesh, and they ultimatively send Rook as an assassin to take out a Bog high priest and an incarnation of the Bog itself. Oh, and their hiring practice is clumsy enough to lead a number of former associates of Rook, among them Gorgula, on Rooks trail.

Sounds all a lot like a faction within the Cult of Hesh to me. Rooks very secular demeanor may indicate otherwise, but deception is very much key part of his skill sets. He definitely once worked overtly for Aerostat, as his uniform and coin clearly shows, but it's unlikely he is still on the payroll, and from Fralx reaction to Rook it seems like Rook was already serving different masters back then. He is definitely not working for Spark Barons, Rise or Boggers, he is no Bilebroker and he does not seem the guy, who would associate with Spree or even Jakes.

That leaves only Cult of Hesh, Rentorians or Deltreans as possible suspects, and of those three only the Cult seems to have the right agenda. Rentorians are a far off second, Threekwa showing up, and the fact, that so little is known about them over all, being the main clues towards them. Both Deltrean and Rentorian diplomats show up in Smith's campaign, but in the way they do, it rather seems to indicate that the Cult of Hesh is very much engaged in foreign politics.

One last piece, apart from Rook and Aerostat squadrons, there is one other group of people associated with coins, and those are Luminitiates! 

Also, about that Lumin sauce... psi-powers are psi-powers, wether they are inborn or induced by drugs. Probably Lumin, Spark, and in whatever way Roaloch manifests its influence, can trigger psi powers.

Missing Persons:

Out of curiosity, my compendium tells me I haven't met two persons yet: a Spree captain, whose name starts either with No... or with Ob... Och... Od.. Of... or Og.. and a Bilebroker, who's name seems to start most likely with either Gre... or Gri...

Who are they? Are they even in the game, and it is just the weirdness of random chance, that I never met them?

The Bilebroker is most likely the Sampler (his name is Grim) i think its the one who asks you to give you sample form the Sea Behemoth on Smiths final day, but i don't think he is added to the game yet. He behaves the same way as normal Bilebroker.

And for Spree captains there are only 4 in game1280249274_Zrzutekranu2021-04-19074629.thumb.png.3dc797f29c5a6813f9b7760c29d26269.png.

A small detail i noticed while replaying Smith's campaign:

unknown.png

Unlike Theroux and Vix, Mullifee looks genuinely concerned to see her twin brother kicked out. She's the one who came back to help you after Theroux was killed, and it seems she still really cared about Smith. I think that she got no say in whether Smith got the inheritance, unlike her brothers.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:21 PM, Blue Moth said:

A small detail i noticed while replaying Smith's campaign:

unknown.png

Unlike Theroux and Vix, Mullifee looks genuinely concerned to see her twin brother kicked out. She's the one who came back to help you after Theroux was killed, and it seems she still really cared about Smith. I think that she got no say in whether Smith got the inheritance, unlike her brothers.

> after Theroux was killed

you monster

but in all seriousness, good eye! I never noticed her subtle expression. 

Archived