I'VE GOT AN IDEA!

I SURE have a very bad history with putting the words "Hamlet" and "Don't Starve Together" in the same sentence, BUUUT, I've done some hard thinking and I got it... SO my idea is Quickly porting Hamlet to DST as an event. Like the Forge. NOW HEAR ME OUT this could be financially beneficial. Now I'm talking skins, DLC characters, and a LOT of spools to weave em, y'know what I'm sayin? So to just quickly port Hamlet at low cost, and use it to not only promote a new DLC character (Perhaps Wilba) but to also make more skins and get that profit rising. I have the company's best interests in mind here people. But I'm still yet to get the bravery to advise any new play mechanics for the event, that's for you to decide. If you think its a good idea that is...

I'm very well prepared to listen to community complaints now, Let em rip guys!

I'd love to see it. I never understood this "splitting the community" concern. Most of the playerbase at this point is long term and dedicated.

And with new consoles etc and increasing system demands, the playerbase is eventually going to split for at least a while in terms of hardware alone.

I'd love to see new worlds as part of DST, if they folded in shipwrecked islands and hamlet content even as paid content it would only make our adventures more varied and more fun.

Honestly I'd love to see it as part of the growing main game over a special event since we don't get those on console. but come on, even if they did a $15.00 dlc the people who wouldn't bite aren't the ones who play all that often at this point.

I'd love to see Klei get a little more out of the game, because it insures it will last for years to come. They're probably the least greedy dev I know.

5 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Ngl the title kinda reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/vMau8kqe-oM

Other than that I would like to mention that this has been discussed a lot in the past with the general consensus is that it would not only invalidate the prior games, but would also be a huge passion-project with risky outputs. Still a valid idea though.

I mean every game eventually invalidates prior games. Otherwise you never get another, and they never grow. I mean should there never be another X-com for fear of invalidating x-com 2? I bloody well hope not.

I loved DS, but it's not making the dev any money anymore, and supporting DST wouldn't take anything away from what they already achieved. And with tencent involved if DST isn't profitable, sure you might preserve DS, but DST will go away if it's not making them some income.

And I say this as someone who truly loves DS and all it's content. It'd be fun to share with friends, and DST shouldn't die because people want to preserve the past.

16 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Ngl the title kinda reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/vMau8kqe-oM

Other than that I would like to mention that this has been discussed a lot in the past with the general consensus is that it would not only invalidate the prior games, but would also be a huge passion-project with risky outputs. Still a valid idea though.

It reminded me of this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIqmskim2jg&ab_channel=HellCattZ

As far as the idea goes, I don't mind having hamlet in DST or not, but if it isn't profitable for Klei then I certainly won't blame them for not doing it. I also don't think it would be, as the Forge and Gorge had a plethora of skins to go along with the events and yet Klei still decided to avoid stuff like that in the foreseeable future. I saw more people playing the Forge than I have ever seen them play normal DST and even still (as far as I am aware), they weren't selling enough of the skins.

The only way I could see this being profitable is selling the Hamlet DLC for DST, which would cause a LOT of backlash from the community and Klei themselves stated that they would not sell DLC that would separate the fan base. Overall, probably not worth their time financially, and this isn't even taking into account how it would fit in to the whole RoT plotline. 

JoeW’s reply when I asked is that to properly port Shipwrecked and Hamlet content into DST that it would take several years & that to do that would also take away time from adding RoT & Character Reworks. He didn’t exactly say no it’s never ever EVER going to happen. He just made it clear that if it WAS going to happen it’ll happen 4-5 years from now.

I can wait- I’d rather they focus on finishing ROT & Character Reworks before trying to allow me to play my Shipwrecked or Hamlet dlcs with a friend.

I think hamlet is sort of a standalone thing for singleplayer and I doubt they would ever port the whole thing exactly as it is.
That said, over the years there was a never stopping flood of requests of adding shipwrecked to DST, and the way they handled it was by adding a new ocean with a new and unique sailing system, new fishes, new sea mobs, new fishing system, etc.

So judging from that, what I think is more likely to happen, which is also more original and profitable in the long term, is that we will slowly see a lot more mechanics, art and concepts from hamlet introduced to DST over the next few years, but with its own unique DST style. 

12 hours ago, SpectrCC said:

I SURE have a very bad history with putting the words "Hamlet" and "Don't Starve Together" in the same sentence, BUUUT, I've done some hard thinking and I got it... SO my idea is Quickly porting Hamlet to DST as an event. Like the Forge. NOW HEAR ME OUT this could be financially beneficial. Now I'm talking skins, DLC characters, and a LOT of spools to weave em, y'know what I'm sayin? So to just quickly port Hamlet at low cost, and use it to not only promote a new DLC character (Perhaps Wilba) but to also make more skins and get that profit rising. I have the company's best interests in mind here people. But I'm still yet to get the bravery to advise any new play mechanics for the event, that's for you to decide. If you think its a good idea that is...

I'm very well prepared to listen to community complaints now, Let em rip guys!

alright you figured it out all

klei please quickly port hamlet thanks

I prefer hamlet contents in adaptation of DST. Not hamlet content for limited time.

I want temples but not pig temples. Maybe the temple of ancient civizilations. I want to discover and solve puzzles which I believe don't starve is pretty poor about it. Last cave update added few places which I liked so much but random generated temples wouldn't hurt.

I want pig trade system but not complex as hamlet's. It would be ultra cool to trade with seashells or special stone types. Maybe with swapping system? Anyway, I think it should be reworked because pigs don't feels like "smart" creatures, they are just a farm food and I don't like it. I would be happy to see a real living town.

Archived