Fire hound on day 14?

I was playing on a new dst world, & on my first hound wave I got a red hound, & 2 regular. 

I've never seen this happen before, I thought red hounds only spawn after summer?

I did activate the trapped chest/fire wall a few days before, maybe the set piece gives red hounds a chance to spawn in the next wave

Red hounds can spawn in autumn because the season before it is summer, although it rarely happens early game because you get so few hounds and I think the special hound spawn rate might be intentionally lowered for the first autumn (or maybe its just red hounds in general? not sure im too lazy to search through the scripts folder for the answer, make @Hornete do it)

It’s possible, I don’t think it’s a bug either.. 

I would prefer it this way honestly, i just wish that if it’s going to STAY this way that they would give fire and ice hounds visual upgrades because it’s a bit hard for me to tell the difference between regular hound & fire hound.

But- it would give more use to things like Fireproof scroll for Wigfrid & Ice Staff, Water Balloon, Watering Can, etc.

Archived