Sign in to follow this  
A thin

Fire hound on day 14?

A thin    21

I was playing on a new dst world, & on my first hound wave I got a red hound, & 2 regular. 

I've never seen this happen before, I thought red hounds only spawn after summer?

I did activate the trapped chest/fire wall a few days before, maybe the set piece gives red hounds a chance to spawn in the next wave

Muzarello    463

Happens quite a lot, 1 red hound sneaking within the normal hounds in the early game, I always believed it happened for messing with the world settings

• Sanity 1

Red hounds can spawn in autumn because the season before it is summer, although it rarely happens early game because you get so few hounds and I think the special hound spawn rate might be intentionally lowered for the first autumn (or maybe its just red hounds in general? not sure im too lazy to search through the scripts folder for the answer, make @Hornete do it)

BeeClops    1014

If I'm not mistaken, red hounds can only come in the first autumn in the last 6 days(?), and there is a 1% chance of a red hound spawning instead of a regular hound. It's a slim chance but it can happen.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 3

Mike23Ua    9598

It’s possible, I don’t think it’s a bug either.. 

I would prefer it this way honestly, i just wish that if it’s going to STAY this way that they would give fire and ice hounds visual upgrades because it’s a bit hard for me to tell the difference between regular hound & fire hound.

But- it would give more use to things like Fireproof scroll for Wigfrid & Ice Staff, Water Balloon, Watering Can, etc.

• Like 1