Show me your Printing Pod, Baby!

Hello friends,

title says it all. I would love to see your build.

I build my base always around the printing pod and make sure to underline the special significance of this building.

PPMB.jpg

Park sign x2 = OCD

Whereever POI's prevent an OCD-based construction, I just try to make the best of it and build "POI-rooms":

PPOP.jpg

NOTE: Once placed Mini-Pod (aka. Porta-Pod) cannot be deconstructed anymore. Sigh...

Thanks for your attention!

Kind regards

Mine's still a work in progress. I decided to make my printing pod the "cozy hub" with bedrooms, bathrooms, and nature reserves that double as free food. I obliterated my gold supply to break the decor scale and make my dupes happy. The empty space below the pod is where my recreation room(s) will be once I learn how to properly tame a gold volcano. 
image.thumb.png.d71d19cdc5fce08e6513b785603f6e27.png

11 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

Mine's still a work in progress. I decided to make my printing pod the "cozy hub" with bedrooms, bathrooms, and nature reserves that double as free food. I obliterated my gold supply to break the decor scale and make my dupes happy. The empty space below the pod is where my recreation room(s) will be once I learn how to properly tame a gold volcano. 
image.thumb.png.d71d19cdc5fce08e6513b785603f6e27.png

You can basically tame a gold volcano with 2000 kg water and one steam turbine. Temperature of the output material might be a little bit hot. You will find something more advanced here:

Output temperature is adjustable (e.g. 20°C).

As You saw earlier my printing pod itself is not really exposed but I would still like to share the base core here:obraz.thumb.png.07adf5a9ea6e61e4a6f10d0e6880bdcc.png

MooChiChi, I completed my abyssalite melter and produced thermium. Hydro sensor with automation is already done. Unfortunately I want to wait for iron volcano dormancy to analyse it first. I will update You soon. (Unfortunately, the Abyssalite melter requires some micromanagement and cannot be left alone; so my gameplay is pretty slow these days until i get enough tungsten to regain my huge building effort.)

53 minutes ago, MooChiChi said:

I understand you correctly: you melt insulation (pipes) for tungsten? Doesn't this takes forever?

Nah. I am flaking abbysalite natural tile. I am able to get up to 105 kg of cool tungsten per 100kg of iron refinement. Unfortunately wolframite is not laying on the ground:/

obraz.thumb.png.8bb580fcbc4c2e87f3e36eebe67b1d18.png

I'm playing too much Spaced out recently (well... since December..) so I didn't have the chance to take a picture of one of my base-game colonies.

Here is my "a bit too much wallpaper", tetris inspired printing pod and colony build

1317159171_printingpod.thumb.JPG.b8fc2a1994cb158bde6bd95cdda4a1dd.JPG

*Warning! Too many buildings ahead

Spoiler

858691228_justbuildings.thumb.png.fad7929304723cd480749a19fdc9eda9.png

Every "tetris" piece is consisted of four 4x4 spaces - 64 tiles.

Mutli-color wallpaper for tetris pieces, black for the in-between gaps

Archived