I think Wendy should have lower stats not because she is “too strong”, but because she is a 8-10 years old little nerdy bookworm-ish girl, so it would feel right to have lower stamina than Wilson who is at least a man in the 30s. Webber is fine because he is part monster which makes him tougher due to magic.

I mentioned similar thing in other thread, she could have either:

a straight max health cut, or lose some max health when Abigail is summoned, because she would definitely sacrifice her own health to bring back her sis, or being less efficient at strength required labor work like gathering wood/stone/smash structures etc, because she does not hit very hard, which also just so happens that it defines a new trait that she is good at collecting small mob resources but not as efficient at collecting static resources.

Which if that happens to take care of some people’s opinion on that Wendy need to be tuned down, that would be icing on the cake.

Actually as a Wendy main I am finding Wigfrid to be the most OP character I can play, ESPECIALLY after her refresh..

Currently fighting Klaus for the first time ever (because I finally figured out how to summon it..) and just oh Wow- I think this guy may be my favorite boss fight in the game so far, I love the elemental effects.. I kinda wish there were common mobs that caused them that wasn’t just tied to a boss but meh..

Anyway I use a combination of Weaponized Warble, Startling Squil, Fireproof- And Omg Wigfrid is OP.. if I EVER want to kill a boss easily and effectively I’m just going to swap characters to Wigfrid from now on...

Abigail is good at what Abigail is designed to do.. fighting group mobs, but- let’s just watch how long you survive as Wendy with Abigail fighting Klaus ;) 

There are things the characters excel best and worst at: and for Wendy... if she needs to hit a single target out of an entire Mob- Too bad she’s Screwed dude.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually as a Wendy main I am finding Wigfrid to be the most OP character I can play, ESPECIALLY after her refresh..

Currently fighting Klaus for the first time ever (because I finally figured out how to summon it..) and just oh Wow- I think this guy may be my favorite boss fight in the game so far, I love the elemental effects.. I kinda wish there were common mobs that caused them that wasn’t just tied to a boss but meh..

Anyway I use a combination of Weaponized Warble, Startling Squil, Fireproof- And Omg Wigfrid is OP.. if I EVER want to kill a boss easily and effectively I’m just going to swap characters to Wigfrid from now on...

Abigail is good at what Abigail is designed to do.. fighting group mobs, but- let’s just watch how long you survive as Wendy with Abigail fighting Klaus ;) 

There are things the characters excel best and worst at: and for Wendy... if she needs to hit a single target out of an entire Mob- Too bad she’s Screwed dude.

another character having excellent perks does not change anything about wendy having no downside

every character can kill a boss easily, even wendy

everything you claim in favor of wendy's performance is going to get shutdown as it has been a dozen other times in a dozen other threads.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

increase her dmg penalty from -25% to -50%

and give her a task penalty of 50% more chopping, mining and hammering required than normal

that's all, no need to nerf abi.

then she will be more tedious and abi will still doing all the job which is what makes her boring

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

wigfrid is as stupid as wendy but atleast wigfrid needs to kill the stuff by herself

no matter to be wendy main if you dont main the entire game

Nerf of Wendy health could be acceptable - anyway half of it is Abby tanking (or all when it comes to tentacles, tallbird). And if Abby dies, do not allow to respawn her for 1-2 days. Sanity penalty for Abby death can be bigger (right now is... like -30?).
Further nerfing Wendy's dmg is kinda... It just sounds bad.
And taking all buff, Abby dmg, or potions, could destroy what makes Wendy "fun" (at least for some people).

5 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Nerf of Wendy health could be acceptable - anyway half of it is Abby tanking (or all when it comes to tentacles, tallbird). And if Abby dies, do not allow to respawn her for 1-2 days. Sanity penalty for Abby death can be bigger (right now is... like -30?).
Further nerfing Wendy's dmg is kinda... It just sounds bad.
And taking all buff, Abby dmg, or potions, could destroy what makes Wendy "fun" (at least for some people).

Reducing her health will make sense (why she has same hp as wilson) and increase the risk of using her

23 minutes ago, Chesmu said:

If Wendy was OP, you could see 90% of the players in a server play as her, which I never saw. Maybe you didn't discover more OP ways to play with even OPPER characters, so this one seems the only OP?

She is the most played character followed by wigfrid. The 2 simplier and easier characters to survive as

The server stats were shared many times

I will reserve my judgement of who is and who isn’t OP until after they’ve all been reworked.

and I will judge my current assessment of who is and isn’t OP only upon other characters who have already been reworked.

So in that regard: Yes Wendy, Wigfrid, Willow and Woodie are all OP.

And Yes, Wormwood & Wurt both got ridiculously easier to play as with RWYS.

But no: I’m not comparing Wendy to Maxwell, Wilson, Wes, Wickerbottom, WX78, Webber, or Wolfgang

Because those 7 haven’t been reworked yet and are highly subjective to changes.

noone liked her when she was weak and people were not playing her. i think it is fine that she is like this. she is a good character for people who are bad at this kind of game but still want to play because she lets people see the game without having to have the time and skill put into the game that you'd need to play say woodie or winona or wortox. she serves a valuable purpose

6 hours ago, gaymime said:

she is a good character for people who are bad at this kind of game but still want to play because she lets people see the game without having to have the time and skill put into the game that you'd need to play say woodie or winona or wortox. she serves a valuable purpose

My thinking is the exact opposite. Yes, Wendy is good for new players to deal with mobs like spiders, bees, and hounds with ease. But Wendy also has one of the highest skill ceilings in the game and learning to use Abigail effectively is a very rewarding challenge for experienced players. Wendy is one of the few characters in the game that is appealing to players of all levels.

56 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

My thinking is the exact opposite. Yes, Wendy is good for new players to deal with mobs like spiders, bees, and hounds with ease. But Wendy also has one of the highest skill ceilings in the game and learning to use Abigail effectively is a very rewarding challenge for experienced players. Wendy is one of the few characters in the game that is appealing to players of all levels.

i've not ever seen those sorts of players so i hold reservations on saying how i feel about that statement X''D

10 hours ago, gaymime said:

noone liked her when she was weak and people were not playing her. i think it is fine that she is like this. she is a good character for people who are bad at this kind of game but still want to play because she lets people see the game without having to have the time and skill put into the game that you'd need to play say woodie or winona or wortox. she serves a valuable purpose

I just hope you’ll remember this quote when it comes time to rework Wes. People want Fun, people want unique & valuable & if you want my personal opinion: I think it’s time we stopped using playable characters (who each have their own unique and beautiful skin sets people want to buy & enjoy) as the way we adjust our games difficulty and instead: Gave ourselves some new World Gen & World Gen Settings that do that. In fact:

2D00D9DD-5766-4E2F-BA8A-698D4E3C8AC5.thumb.png.87546acaeb69b89ccc096ff0fff05431.png

What does “Extra Starting Resources” & “Seasonal Starting Items” mean?

I think we’re looking at some HUGE changes coming to DST soon that are going to let us make our games as easy or as hard as we personally feel like playing them at the time.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

No. If i want to play with a noob friend in a standard world he could pick wx, wendy, wigfrid, whatever to have an easy experience meanwhile i can pick maxwell, wes, wormwood (pls dont start with healing rot again)

Also there is people that want to play the standard experience because changing things in the world gen mess the spawn of resources and anemies and you might have a lack of content (like if you put only summer you dont have winter content, removing some food sources remove the decoration behind it and a large etc)

And having all character being as strong as the easy characters will just make the game flat, casual and dumb

Wes should still being more difficult to play than others, if you dont like dont play him, deal with it, like i have to deal with no playing wx, wolfgang, wigfrid or wendy because i get bored playing them

We can have both things. Difficulty choices in world gen and difficult characters since the game isnt that hard and the downsides of the characters that we have now doesnt make it much difficult

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

who each have their own unique and beautiful skin sets people want to buy & enjoy

Git gud

Klei gave me for the halloween contest a wolf skin i won use it, the same can applied for every skin of every easy character like when  the game dropped me 4 wx heads, 2 of them in the same week, but i won use them unless they rework wx in a fun way even i love these skins. And i wont buy an skin for these characters because i get bored playing them but i bough the cthulhu skin for wurt because i enjoy her

And wendy is op in a non funny way because surviving just the seasons is as dumb as just riling up abigail and crafting a thermal stone (blablabla nomad style season random). She bring good skill cap for bosses but that is a little portion of the game content, the rest of the time is just surviving with the brain turned off

On 2/2/2021 at 6:42 AM, devotee of wend said:

I really like playing Wendy, but sometimes I think she's too strong. Damage reduced by 25% is quite a big handicap, but looking at the uses and capabilities of Abigail, it's hard to feel. In my opinion, Wendy should have lower stats. Sorry for my bad English.

She’s not exactly a boss killer though. I don’t think she is, while she excels in some places she doesn’t in others, just like everyone.

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

No. If i want to play with a noob friend in a standard world he could pick wx, wendy, wigfrid, whatever to have an easy experience meanwhile i can pick maxwell, wes, wormwood (pls dont start with healing rot again)

Also there is people that want to play the standard experience because changing things in the world gen mess the spawn of resources and anemies and you might have a lack of content (like if you put only summer you dont have winter content, removing some food sources remove the decoration behind it and a large etc)

And having all character being as strong as the easy characters will just make the game flat, casual and dumb

Wes should still being more difficult to play than others, if you dont like dont play him, deal with it, like i have to deal with no playing wx, wolfgang, wigfrid or wendy because i get bored playing them

We can have both things. Difficulty choices in world gen and difficult characters since the game isnt that hard and the downsides of the characters that we have now doesnt make it much difficult

Git gud

Klei gave me for the halloween contest a wolf skin i won use it, the same can applied for every skin of every easy character like when  the game dropped me 4 wx heads, 2 of them in the same week, but i won use them unless they rework wx in a fun way even i love these skins. And i wont buy an skin for these characters because i get bored playing them but i bough the cthulhu skin for wurt because i enjoy her

And wendy is op in a non funny way because surviving just the seasons is as dumb as just riling up abigail and crafting a thermal stone (blablabla nomad style season random). She bring good skill cap for bosses but that is a little portion of the game content, the rest of the time is just surviving with the brain turned off

So you don’t fight the bosses and you are mad that Wendy is good against mobs? Just don’t play Wendy. 

Where is the downside? I don’t play her much but I hardly see the issue, I play warly right now and with my dishes any fighter blows Wendy out of the water.

And don’t tell people to git good man, like they have suggestions and you disagree, that’s cool, but you don’t have to be a jerk.

I think people are misunderstanding why the Petal buff or even the old glass canon mechanics existed in the first place:

So let me fill you in: Klei is trying to take Single Player characters that were designed for a single player game & repurpose those characters to be good in a MULTIPLAYER game: and any character that deals less damage than other characters as part of downside just makes them a hassle on other players more then anything-

This is exactly why glass canon Wendy got stronger the closer she was to death or why Wendy can now buff an entire team that attacks what Abigails buff applies to.

I mean no offense in saying this: but Klei’s characters worked perfectly FINE in single player where the only person playing was you and you alone... but they all start becoming fundamentally broken in a Multiplayer scenario.

Even if Wendy is stupid OP now you can not dispute the fact she’s also one of the best team play oriented characters in the game now.

But what Wendy flat out fails at (fighting Shadow Monsters away) Willow excels at: And that’s what’s most important-

Giving them each something that benefits a team: EXPERT veteran players may find Wendy TOO Good but I assure you- Newbie players just starting the game still die to plenty of terrorbeaks.

When it comes to the remaining 7 reworks I want them ALL to get the Wendy treatment (exciting, fun, interesting gameplay, less of a burden on an entire team of players by dealing stupid reduced damage, even if this means they ALL become stupid OP... as long as another character does something better then they can that’s what I wanna see)

For example: Wendy flat out sucks for gathering Wood, Woodie is much much better at it.

Wendy flat out sucks at trying to control Abigail and also tame a Beefalo (Riled Abigail targets and tries to kill it before it’s fully tamed even IF you bonded it to Cowbell.)

Shes a good character: but even she... has her faults.

31 minutes ago, SaphironX said:

So you don’t fight the bosses and you are mad that Wendy is good against mobs? Just don’t play Wendy

Please, reread. I said that wendy brings interesting tactics and needs the player skill to success. I defeated all the bosses as her when the rework came out and i can tell you that she doesnt excels like wolfgang but is close to him to defeat bosses.

She isnt good at killing mobs, she literally kill dozens of them without any effort or player interaction which is my complain. Is an automatic mob killer

I dont play her anymore btw

Where is the downside? I don’t play her much but I hardly see the issue, I play warly right now and with my dishes any fighter blows Wendy out of the water.

The difference is that warly needs to farm more than wendy to achieve a similar result

And don’t tell people to git good man, like they have suggestions and you disagree, that’s cool, but you don’t have to be a jerk

I didnt said that in a serious way, i dont care players knowledge.  I just said that to compare a dumb argument with another dumb argument. Because saying that people want to use a skin for a character that doesnt know how to play is a dumb argumentation. Because i dont use skins for characters which are so easy like i said so people who doesnt have experience to play a difficult character have an incentive to learn

For that i said it in that way, to show that i wasnt serious, soz @Mike23Ua if it seemed like i was telling him how to play.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

and any character that deals less damage than other characters as part of downside just makes them a hassle on other players more then anything-

Player knowledge>>damage modify

If someone wants to play wes is usually because he will bring more things to the team that a noob wolfgang/wigfrid/wendy

Is true that he should have some perk to give to others like how wigfrid, a character that, instead of a buff needs a nerf, got her songs to bring aoe buffs, but that doesnt mean that wes should be buffed to the point of being an aberration like wendy

Giving them each something that benefits a team: EXPERT veteran players may find Wendy TOO Good but I assure you- Newbie players just starting the game still die to plenty of terrorbeaks

But they wont die for hounds or spiders making them not knowing how to deal with them ever

Even if Wendy is stupid OP now you can not dispute the fact she’s also one of the best team play oriented characters in the game now

Isnt fun to have a wendy companion killing every danger without effort and for free. Makes the game dumb

And since this topic has become a loop of the same comments i just leave

I hope klei will learn from the wendy rework to make characters with fun mechanics like the ones she brings but without having stupid numbers making a classic DS character an automatic killing machine with no downsides and any player interaction to survive

The thing is to get the maximum use out of Wendy/Abigail both prior to her rework, glass canon rework and Petal Buff Re-Rework: The player playing her has to know how to properly use Wendy & Abigail.

Like: Personally I found glass canon Wendy BORING because all I needed to do was run around at critical health and let Abigail do all the work.

In fact I would PREFER that Class Canon mechanic on say playable Charlie: so the extra damage I deal is by my own methods and not a ghostly AI Companion.

Several factors go into proper Wendy play: Utilizing Time of Day, Utilizing proper potions for the Proper Situations, Knowing when to Soothe and When to Rile Abigail, Knowing when to Help Abigail or let her do all the work, Knowing how to build, fuel and set up Sisturn/Ectoherbology.

Knowledge that less skilled players (who don’t look everything up on Wiki pages) won’t know right off hand & will take them time (maybe even years) to learn.

Abigail has ALWAYS been a group of Mobs destroyer it’s her designed intention (she excels at Hounds, Spiders, Bees, & now also Frog Rain! :) ) 

But she will be destroyed by things like Clockwork Rooks, Clockwork Bishop, Bosses, Pengull, MacTusk.

Abigail is good: for what she’s intended to fight... but is most certainly NOT an instant I won the game mode.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:42 AM, devotee of wend said:

I really like playing Wendy, but sometimes I think she's too strong. Damage reduced by 25% is quite a big handicap, but looking at the uses and capabilities of Abigail, it's hard to feel. In my opinion, Wendy should have lower stats. Sorry for my bad English.

why they should lower her stats again? give one reason at least dude

Archived