[Game Update] - 449389

• Developer

Hello everyone, we've got another patch on the Testing branch.

There are still some additional solutions to the "too tall rocket" problem that we're working through in the coming updates, but for now we're putting in a limit on rocket landing so at least the rockets don't get cut in half anymore! Please enjoy that and the rest of the fixes, and thanks for your bug reports.

• Fixed crash that occurred when trying to camera focus on an out of bounds Duplicant.
  • Fixed more stranded rocket/mislead rocket range issues
  • Rockets can no longer land on Rocket Platforms that are too close to space for them to fit
  • Rocket land orders requested from Rocket Platform can now be cancelled
  • Fixed crash that could occur when trying to land a rocket that was launching
  • Duplicants can no longer be entombed when they are travelling in Transit Tubes.
  • Visual updates to some rocket modules that were ported over from base game (large liquid fuel tank, large solid/liquid/gas cargo)
  • Added oxygen mask checkpoint sounds.
  • Updated Russian and Korean translations
  • Updated size bridging art for several rocket modules
  • Fixed crash on Home Sweet Home victory
  • Recipes that have researchable tech are now only visible after the research has been unlocked, after which point they will always be visible.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 4

For the "too tall rocket", you could also add an info-field to the launch platform stating maximal height, and one to each rocket, stating its height.

Some gripes:

• Diagnostics are still not saved. Especially "Breathability" gets on my nerves.
  • Large solid oxidizer tank still requires auto-sweeper to fill it.

• Like 1

Klei, please, fix the bug where PC players can't even load the game. Nothing happens when double clicking the ONI icon. A Steam window opens for a second looking for ONI and then closes not finding anything. There's some bad code hidden in the start up like it was for Mac, that had the same problem which was found by a user looking through the code and reported by him.

Edited by vonVile
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, peanutgamer2510 said:

Will tomorrow be added the nuclear power system? Or in the next normal spaced out branch update? (in 3 weeks)

+1000

As soon radiation stuff is in the game I will boot it up again :tranquillity:

It would be so great if I could build a side way view of a nuke submarine, a 747/A380 for my dupes to live in or...at least have stinky dirty diesel bulldozers in the game for Uranium mining. :adoration:

Need Space Shuttle in the game + telescope arm for satellite lifting + launch pad explosions due to players mixing fuel wrong ! :love-struck: Allow more player created accidents and threats which players can toy with in the end game. :confused:

Klei, what about a mini sub 16 tiles wide...You can do it !

DLC "Supnautico borrow Trauma" or DLC "Rise of the Machines"

image.thumb.png.fae48bd1a125705685124df387f9eaf4.png

Hopefull more crashes get fixed for players :p

Edited by babba

8 hours ago, babba said:

It would be so great if I could build a side way view of a nuke submarine, a 747/A380 for my dupes to live in or...at least have stinky dirty diesel bulldozers in the game for Uranium mining. :adoration:

This is a great idea, in fact maybe we should have a liquid asteroid  that you have to land your rocket underwater. That would be fun. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hello everyone

Honest question @Ipsquiggle

Just want to ask since now you have that huge funding from Tencent will you make this DLC bigger or put more resources into the development or something for us players?

Or did i completely missed the reason with this acquisition? There wont be anything "for your users" for now?

Edited by t0panka

2 hours ago, t0panka said:

Just want to ask since now you have that huge funding from Tencent will you make this DLC bigger or put more resources into the development or something for us players?

Or did i completely missed the reason with this acquisition? There wont be anything "for your users" for now?

Their three week commitment to content releases for the DLC should be good enough of a promise - this is twice the release rate of what the base game was pacing at.

At any rate, they will finish, and likely release another DLC or fine tune the modding api and QOL the coexistence code that allows DLC and base game to coexist. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, t0panka said:

Honest question @Ipsquiggle

Oh It's sad I love this game so much but I will have to delete the game. Sorry no China. 

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

Their three week commitment to content releases for the DLC should be good enough of a promise - this is twice the release rate of what the base game was pacing at.

At any rate, they will finish, and likely release another DLC or fine tune the modding api and QOL the coexistence code that allows DLC and base game to coexist. 

That was before this huge funding so i would like to know if something is changing for users too or just fuller pockets for Klei thats all

The second part sounds nice but i would like to hear from Klei so it is based on something real and not just wishful thinking

18 minutes ago, t0panka said:

That was before this huge funding so i would like to know if something is changing for users too or just fuller pockets for Klei thats all

The second part sounds nice but i would like to hear from Klei so it is based on something real and not just wishful thinking

More funding does not necessarily accelerate a software project. In fact, it may slow things down. Not intuitive, I know.

"Stable funding" can be better than "No more funding to pay all bills now or in the future". 

Spent "1" of "local" currency today? Contact the receiver what he did with "your" "1"and, if you get an helpful answer or an answer at all, then contact the various multiple receivers what they did with the various receivers of the % of the fractions of" 1" further down the transaction chain. 

20-50 transaction down the line of your original payment of "1" you may have to contact 1 million entities/people/companies from maybe 50 nations to find out where the fractions of "payments" have gone. 

At this point of practical and theory of possible money transactions the brain of possible conspiracy believers and possible "nationalists" normally resets and they change the topic or get aggressive.

So if someone "says they don't want to monetary support country xyz", whatever that means for the specific person, a solution could be to not participate in any form of exchanges with others at all.

Hopefully radiation is soon in the game and people get their crashes fixed :D

Edited by babba

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

More funding does not necessarily accelerate a software project. In fact, it may slow things down. Not intuitive, I know.

Yeah i know but now they are FREE to tell us for example that ONI will get next DLC 100% or that DLC will be BIGGER because they now have "the stability" or whatever this deal means for them. This is what im asking. I never said faster because i know that more money = more problems

9 minutes ago, babba said:

"Stable funding" can be better than "No more funding to pay all bills now or in the future". 

Since when is Klei broke? That is FAAAR from truth. What about money from Apple deal? Money from Epic deal? If after all this they are broke then they should just close the shop lol. Again you are talking about speed. I dont care about speed i care about content and since they have now HUGE funding i was expecting more content. Silly me?

7 hours ago, t0panka said:

Yeah i know but now they are FREE to tell us for example that ONI will get next DLC 100% or that DLC will be BIGGER because they now have "the stability" or whatever this deal means for them. This is what im asking. I never said faster because i know that more money = more problems

Fair enough. Although because Klei is really careful about promises, I do not think we will see such a statement.