Large solid oxidizer tank bugged

So went to test branch recently to try out the new rocket engines, but whenever I build a large solid oxidizer tank I get the message "duplicants cannot reach this storage"  I've built ladders etc right next to it etc... so they should be able to reach?

There are also no input ports of any kind on this tank, making it totally un-usable.

The large liquid fuel tank seems to have the same problem, but that does have a liquid input pipe so isn't as much of a problem.

Is anyone anywhere if this is a known bug, or of any work-arounds etc plz?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Phazon1980 said:

Is anyone anywhere if this is a known bug, or of any work-arounds etc plz?

Probably it IS a bug but you can load the large solid oxidizer tank either with an auto-sweeper arm or building a smaller module below it and put a ladder inside the background scaffold. Dupes fill the tank in the middle bottom tile which is 3 tiles horizontally far from any outside ladders...

35 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Probably it IS a bug but you can load the large solid oxidizer tank either with an auto-sweeper arm or building a smaller module below it and put a ladder inside the background scaffold. Dupes fill the tank in the middle bottom tile which is 3 tiles horizontally far from any outside ladders...

I'll give this a try later, thanks so much! <3

I have opened this bug report here for the problem yesterday. The auto-sweeper works, but it does not always fully fill the tank. As a result, I got a maximum reach of 17 tiles (instead of 18) from a 3 fuel 1 oxidizer rocket.

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

I got a maximum reach of 17 tiles (instead of 18)

Nooo! My whole post needs fixing... T_T 

Edit: Dupes filling tanks fully, does not seem to be the case for small oxidizer tanks. Some times they do some times they don't :hopelessness:

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Nooo! My whole post needs fixing... T_T 

Edit: Dupes filling tanks fully, does not seem to be the case for small oxidizer tanks. Some times they do some times they don't :hopelessness:

Sorry about that ;-)

I currently have them fill a large tank in 1kg increments. Lets see what happens. 

Edit: You may be in luck. From the patch-notes about 1h ago:

• Fixed issue sometimes causing rockets to miscalculate range by 1

6 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Sorry about that ;-)

Never mind... The whole topic needs rewriting... :snarlingspider:

Oxidizer tank size and efficiency rebalance. Oxidizer tank capacities made generally smaller while oxidizer efficiency is higher.

• Fertilizer: 100% efficiency,
  • Oxylite 200% efficiency,
  • Liquid Oxygen 400% efficiency.

Well... What is another 5 hours in sandbox? :lol::hopelessness:

Oxidizer tank size and efficiency rebalance. Oxidizer tank capacities made generally smaller while oxidizer efficiency is higher.

Also, how do I get Liquid Oxygen in there? The oxidizer tanks have no liquid inputs and no selection for LOX. Are we supposed to put LOX into a fuel tank? I do see that the large solid oxidizer tank now holds only 900kg, so those changes made it in.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:03 PM, Gurgel said:

Also, how do I get Liquid Oxygen in there? The oxidizer tanks have no liquid inputs and no selection for LOX. Are we supposed to put LOX into a fuel tank? I do see that the large solid oxidizer tank now holds only 900kg, so those changes made it in.

Its called solid oxidizer tank isnt it? Liquid oxy is not solid is it? So... wrong tank?

I'm fairly sure it is not a bug, but an overlooked issue (not necessarily unintended, but causes problems that evidently shouldn't be happening). The duplicants can't reach it yet you can't build the ladders close enough to the tank for the duplicants to reach it without building some directly above or below the tank and are required to have a smaller module above/below it to allow you to build a ladder there, after which you have to deconstruct the ladder segment if you want to replace the small module next to the oxidizer tank with a large one. Really annoying.

35 minutes ago, Ronivan said:

Oh I see, you meant in the code. I found it right now, and there are actually two of them, the small and the large tanks. I try to patch them to try out.

Um, no? 

They're in the testing branch for all to use. 

Archived