Gestalts scaring birds on Lunar Island

After I played so much of dst with other streamers, usually my connection is bad because I live far away from them. I love the game so much and what I really love in this game is that you can farm things like krampus sack on the lunar island. At first I thought the birds keeps flying as soon as they spawn after you read the birds of the world book as wickerbottom because how bad your connection is but I realized that the Gestalts are scaring them away. Which is kinda annoying because I really need the naughtiness level. But my question is are they designed to scare the birds away? I've never noticed that shadow creatures can scare birds away. Please let me know I'm really curious

27 minutes ago, katarinagray03 said:

Yes they do and it's really kinda annoying, I mean the farm is still doable but when the naughtiness points is not getting higher when birds keeps flying away it takes more use of books to spawn krampus

what about glommer? she is enough on her own to spawn two krampi automatically

5 hours ago, gaymime said:

what about glommer? she is enough on her own to spawn two krampi automatically

That works too but the topic is about birds. Glommer can only be killed once and then you have to wait for full moon again.

7 minutes ago, landromat said:

Drop couple of dark swords on the ground to scare gestalts

Does that works? I will try that.

20210121184957_1.thumb.jpg.97ef189be2f5c7d5fe63eb29f02c48f9.jpg

I did a massive farm again today and I got two krampus sack in one wave of krampus

8 minutes ago, katarinagray03 said:

That works too but the topic is about birds. Glommer can only be killed once and then you have to wait for full moon again.

Does that works? I will try that.

yes. Small gestalts are scared of any dark stuff, but great gestalts will attack you for wearing it

1 hour ago, katarinagray03 said:

I will try that thank you

I did some code digging and testing in-game and it looks like Gestalts only scare birds away when they're targetting a player. So you should just be able to stay at 0 sanity and not have problems with Gestalts scaring away your birds.

45 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I did some code digging and testing in-game and it looks like Gestalts only scare birds away when they're targetting a player. So you should just be able to stay at 0 sanity and not have problems with Gestalts scaring away your birds.

It really does that. When you're alone and you're in 0 sanity they wouldn't scare the bird away. But if you're with someone else and I'm usually with someone else doing the farm. The Gestalts are just wondering around and scare the birds away as soon as they spawn.  Try to do it with friends and you'll notice that 

I always use as a rule that, to help or observe with the farm everyone must be at 0 sanity.

Install a lazy deserter nearby so everyone can easily destroy their sanity, and as an alternative for those characters that can eat raw morsels, keep munching that bird meat, it’s a nice bonus to stay at 0 (you will get way too many morsels anyway).

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Did they ever fix the glitch where you can kill Glommer once but spawn about a hundred Krampii?

No, they didn't. Still works fine. KLei's "it' a feature, not a bug".

If you have (a lot of) time to burn for a more "manual sniping disposal", you can farm Krampi as Walter everywhere with a minimal setup (bait/pen, Feather Hat, Friendly Scarecrow). Not efficient, but fun. Else Glommer-Blowdarts-diagonal Walls bug ftw.

Archived