What do you think about the RWYS Wormwood changes?

Questions  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Did Wormwoods perks become ...

• more interesting?
    • less interesting?
    • more usefull?
    • less usefull?
    • Don't know/ can't answer.
  2. 2. Has the difficulty of Wormwood changed? (Because of compost and rot etc)

• Still very difficult.
    • Has become more difficult.
    • Unchanged.
    • Become easier.
    • Way to easy/trivial.
    • Don't know/ can't answer.

If you find yourself in a situation where rot is the only and best healing source you have as wormwood then u should be thanking the devs instead of complaining because you obviously need it.

And if something feels unbalanced to me personally i dont use it. like ice for meatballs or boss “cheese” or uprooting all the stones fruit bushes and bringing them to ur base. thats why i recommended not using rot if it offends you. I dont think thats unreasonable. Klei is balancing the game with all their players in mind (both beginner and veteran) but you still have the freedom to choose your own playstyle. So again, if rot is the only and best healing u have at hand as wormwood to the point where ur prioritizing it and are indifferent to all the other ways to heal that doesnt have to be a bad thing because sooner or later you will discover there are much better options than standing still and healing 1 hp per second.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:55 PM, Cheggf said:

I think he's a bit easier to play now since compost wrap now heals 33% more, he's able to get a more-or-less permanent speed boost for little cost, and some other minor things, but his challenge is still present and being able to heal with rot is not one of the things I'd say he has that makes him easier to play than he used to be. I guess it kind of does, if you really have no other options you can heal with it, but I've only found myself healing with it a few times.

This is what it comes down to.

——

Also if ur constantly self fertlizing throughout the year ur already consuming more food (and fertilizer) than before when it was only active in spring and took half the season to ramp up to 3 ish days of full bloom and then ramped back down for the last 1/3 of the season. 

the double hunger drain was only active for those 3ish days of full bloom. 

The old blooming was barely something noticable and you had to plan in advance and have all the stars line up for you to be able to arrange a boss fight in spring at the peak of blooming which only lasted a few days to make any real use out of it. 

Comparing anything to the old blooming will make it look busted because it was a non existent perk which was also at the same time a downside which only came into play for max 5 days out of the year. Old blooming was a flavor element, now it is a core character perk like it always shouldve been. 

9 hours ago, Seero said:

easily better then wx78

If you say that because you can have the speed boost when you want and it's more fun, i can't deny it. However i must remind you that, you can indeed activate the speed boost for WX on your will, without lightinigs or Wicker, but using a telelocator stuff!

40 minutes ago, Milordo said:

If you say that because you can have the speed boost when you want and it's more fun, i can't deny it. However i must remind you that, you can indeed activate the speed boost for WX on your will, without lightinigs or Wicker, but using a telelocator stuff!

the staff is pretty bad at charging, both in cost and effect, not comparable to Wicker's book to be fair. I'd say WX is much worse solo than in a combo with Wicker. I also think that solo Wormwood>WX, thou it's always subjective to make those rankings cause it really depends on your playstyle.

I think my problem with Rot and Wormwood is that it’s literally all over everywhere, and saying don’t use it is a pretty bad excuse, now do note: that I’m not saying it should be removed or nerfed, and obviously there are much much better healing options.

BUT- those other healing options also require more resources, and in some cases for wormwood to engage in battle to obtain the ingredients.

Spider Glands require fighting or trapping or kiting spiders, Mosquito sack same situation, Honey for Honey Poultice, then not there’s the other ingredients you need as well: Stones, Nitre, Manure Etc..

RoT however stacks in inventory, does not require any of the above mentioned extra crafting cost resources or for him to risk further health loss by fighting for example: Spiders for healing glands.

It is a ridiculously easy method of healing: And you obviously wouldn’t rely on using it for Boss Fights- but if you for example happen to find a nice stack of 9 rot or more laying around & your health needs a bit of healing Why would you NOT opt to use it?

4 hp heals per RoT 9x4=36 points of free healing. To achieve that same result as Wilson I would have to chase down and kill 9 Butterflies.

In the end it boils down to free healing with minimal resource or danger costs.. for people to NOT use it would just be insane..

Especially if you play with you world settings to random Seasons & Season Lengths, you will need all that grass, Stone, Nitre Etc for other uses outside of making healing options for Wormwood.

and that’s not even touching his new self blooming without any downsides bonuses.

The character in my eyes went from challenge character to a lot easier to play.

Its ALMOST the same as how Wendy’s original Rework took a character that was generally easy to play & turned her into a lowest HP available hard to effectively play glass canon.

Except with Wormwood it took a character that at the very least required the gathering of additional resources to create things like Tents, Lean- To’s, Healing Salves, Honey Poultice, Compost Wrap, etc.. and gave that character a really good method of saving those resources by just using straight up rot.

Now like I said there are obviously BETTER Methods of healing, but it still takes a character that needed time, resource costs and ultimately struggled with healing, and now makes him much easier to heal without all the additional ingredients/dangers involved.

Ive been using ROT for every other situation besides boss fights.. simply just to save those resources.

Grass, Silk, Stone, Spider Gland, Nitre, Manure, Honey, Sticks

The TL:DR- Less Tents, more Rot.

9 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

the staff is pretty bad at charging, both in cost and effect, not comparable to Wicker's book to be fair. I'd say WX is much worse solo than in a combo with Wicker. I also think that solo Wormwood>WX, thou it's always subjective to make those rankings cause it really depends on your playstyle.

I dunno, the staff, yes is pretty bad, but still an option. Doesn't the staff add more time for overcharging like wicker and lightnings? In any case, i don't want to start a debate over Wx and Wormwood but i can still safely say that objectively is still far better for the 400 hp and easy healing, however we can just all agree that Wx is much much less fun and boring in comparison to Wormwood gameplay, said from a Wx main till 2013.

9 hours ago, Milordo said:

Doesn't the staff add more time for overcharging like wicker and lightnings?

It does, but keep in mind it has diminishing returns after even a single use. You either need to slowly use it to get the full charge benefit, or use a bunch of staffs to get a far less efficient stack. Either way is also going to crush your sanity, and don't work in caves.

Wormwood might have only a 20% speed boost, but it is much easier to proc, maintain, and can even be refilled in caves if you bring bottles down with you.

4 hours ago, Seero said:

way too expensive

I mean 2 living logs, 2 purple gems and 4 nightmare fuel, not so much expensive, not so much cheap but

1 hour ago, Maxil20 said:

It does, but keep in mind it has diminishing returns after even a single use. You either need to slowly use it to get the full charge benefit, or use a bunch of staffs to get a far less efficient stack. Either way is also going to crush your sanity, and don't work in caves.

Wormwood might have only a 20% speed boost, but it is much easier to proc, maintain, and can even be refilled in caves if you bring bottles down with you.

I didn't know, appreciate the information  :) . So hmn.... you have right, i need to re-consider the Wormwood > Wx..... and now i'm a little mad that a plant boi became the speedy character and better than the true speedy character  :wilson_dilemma: 

On 1/10/2021 at 6:26 AM, Milordo said:

i can still safely say that objectively is still far better for the 400 hp and easy healing

400 HP doesn't matter. This isn't DSA where you can get nearly 100% damage reduction. You take the same damage as everyone else so you need to heal the same amount, so for the most part there's not much different between 400 health and 150 health, since with either of those you're pretty safe from oneshots unlike Maxwell. I think Wormwood is kind of just a better WX, saving so much more time than WX does because his speed boost while less effective is much easier to obtain 100% uptime on. I'd say the biggest things WX has going for him over Wormwood are the easier healing (which can be counteracted with proper skill) and him being able to heal with gears so he's better at rushing the ruins.

Also that 400 HP comes at a cost of 15 gears and speed boost comes at the cost of something like a red or purple gem, where Wormwood's boost comes from things nobody will miss like a single twig and a piece of kelp. 

11 hours ago, Cheggf said:

400 HP doesn't matter. This isn't DSA where you can get nearly 100% damage reduction. You take the same damage as everyone else so you need to heal the same amount, so for the most part there's not much different between 400 health and 150 health, since with either of those you're pretty safe from oneshots unlike Maxwell. I think Wormwood is kind of just a better WX, saving so much more time than WX does because his speed boost while less effective is much easier to obtain 100% uptime on. I'd say the biggest things WX has going for him over Wormwood are the easier healing (which can be counteracted with proper skill) and him being able to heal with gears so he's better at rushing the ruins.

Also that 400 HP comes at a cost of 15 gears and speed boost comes at the cost of something like a red or purple gem, where Wormwood's boost comes from things nobody will miss like a single twig and a piece of kelp. 

In fact i already said in my last post i will re-consider Wx now, because Wormwood is showing all the bad aspects of Wx, where he become boring pretty fast, where apart from the perk of eating rot food, before you saw the other ones you need to wait too long, where it doesn't change so much playstyle like exactly Wormwood, or Wendy, ecc...

This is why as a once main Wx i'm eager to see his rework, klei could do so much creative things with Wx.

However, i'm sorry, i don't know what DSA stands for but how 400 health is not different from 150!?!?!? You can do a lot more mistakes with it and you can even tank more without problems. Yes you need to heal like everyone else, but doesn't mean a difference if a Treeguard ( i know, obviously is not a threat the treeguard, i'm making an example) with 4 hits can kill a normal pg meanwhile with 400 it needs 9 hits ? It's more hp nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, Milordo said:

i don't know what DSA stands for

Don't Starve Alone. It's technically just called Don't Starve but DSA is used to prevent confusion with DST and be clear that you're referring to DS and not DST.

8 minutes ago, Milordo said:

how 400 health is not different from 150!?!?!? You can do a lot more mistakes with it and you can even tank more without problems. Yes you need to heal like everyone else, but doesn't mean a difference if a Treeguard ( i know, obviously is not a threat the treeguard, i'm making an example) with 4 hits can kill a normal pg meanwhile with 400 it needs 9 hits ? It's more hp nonetheless. 

Why does it matter if he kills you in 4 hits or 9 hits when he has absolutely no pressure? And why is he killing you in 4 and 9 hits? That's not right, it's more like killing you in about 20 hits and killing you in about 54 hits. Either way he's going to die well before he threatens you so there is no difference at all and you can just heal the same amount of health. Unless you find 15 gears before finding grass?

22 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Don't Starve Alone. It's technically just called Don't Starve but DSA is used to prevent confusion with DST and be clear that you're referring to DS and not DST.

Why does it matter if he kills you in 4 hits or 9 hits when he has absolutely no pressure? And why is he killing you in 4 and 9 hits? That's not right, it's more like killing you in about 20 hits and killing you in about 54 hits. Either way he's going to die well before he threatens you so there is no difference at all and you can just heal the same amount of health. Unless you find 15 gears before finding grass?

It's still beneficial to have more hp, even outside combact. In a game like Don't Starve you can't expect to do a hitless run for how it works, so you can still receive stupid damage and for the "4 or 9 hits" is the number of hits when you don't have armor, obviously with armor is much more. Overhaul i don't understand why having more hp is a bad thing. There is nothing bad about it, just a positive buff. 

3 minutes ago, Milordo said:

It's still beneficial to have more hp, even outside combact. In a game like Don't Starve you can't expect to do a hitless run for how it works, so you can still receive stupid damage and for the "4 or 9 hits" is the number of hits when you don't have armor, obviously with armor is much more. Overhaul i don't understand why having more hp is a bad thing. There is nothing bad about it, just a positive buff. 

I never said more health is bad, I said it's not very important. It's a minor positive like Wormwood being friendly with spring's bees.

Although that minor positive does cost 15 gears...

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

I never said more health is bad, I said it's not very important. It's a minor positive like Wormwood being friendly with spring's bees.

400 health as minor positive ok, but as Wormwood spring's bees? I don't think it's that useless xD  

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Although that minor positive does cost 15 gears...

Exaclty what i told before. Too long to wait for a perk that it's niche and even boring. It's more cool and creative if with gears you can decide to upgrade Wx with various perks and abilities, transforming him into a cool cyborg! 

Edit: And I realize this reply isn’t relevant to the topic of the thread so I’m spoiler tagging it, my bad carry on.

Spoiler

No offense guys but I think I would be bored out of my mind with 400 hp.. that just sounds absurd, I may play as Wendy the character people find to be boring LoLz EZ Mode- but at least she’s not walking around with 400 hp- When Abigail die’s I’m in serious trouble..

I think I could effectively face-tank every enemy mob in the game with 400hp.

Wormwoods hp caps at 150 right? His recent buffs may have made him a heck of a lot easier to play as.. but that’s still not even half comparable to 400hp.. geez man.

Even WURT who has pretty high health & hunger stats still feels way more balanced then that.

Then Theres characters like Maxwell who only has 50 Hp and dies One Shot by a single miss timed Tallbirds attack.

I don’t really play much as Wilson, WX78, Wolfgang, Webber, Wickerbottom, Wes or Maxwell anymore.. because they have not been refreshed yet and I don’t want to get used to how they play as now.. and then they change drastically with their reworks later. I played ALOT of each of them in Solo DS.. and I was not a fan of the recent DST Wicker book changes but.. I can’t accurately judge that yet because I have absolutely no idea what they’ll change or add to her with her Rework that may have warranted those book changes.

Archived