Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Hi! 

This would a third item you can craft with a Thick Fur. Could be either a mobile sleeping bag or a structure. Either way it should be repairable with sewing kits/Thick Fur/Fur Tufts and restore the most amount of HP/Sanity of all the sleeping options. 

I think this would be really neat and super fitting for a Boss that sleeps for most of the year! And it would add more incentive to actually fight it. 

Could also maybe require a couple of Down Feathers to really be the epitome of luxurious sleeping :lol:

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

but it should not be repairable or else we're still going to be stuck with pelts.

Eh, i imagine sewing kits would restore just a little bit of the durability and the best way to repair it would be to fluff it up with new Thick Furs and Tufts. So repairing them would be a fur sink. Or just remove the sewing kit part. 

On 1/5/2021 at 9:43 PM, Ohan said:

Hi! 

This would a third item you can craft with a Thick Fur. Could be either a mobile sleeping bag or a structure. Either way it should be repairable with sewing kits/Thick Fur/Fur Tufts and restore the most amount of HP/Sanity of all the sleeping options. 

I think this would be really neat and super fitting for a Boss that sleeps for most of the year! And it would add more incentive to actually fight it. 

This is a brilliant idea. Devs, please implement. Thick fur and sleeping in DST need some more love.

Just to clarify why i suggested making it repairable in the first place: one thing i really dont like about the tent (and siesta) is how u cant decorate around it because when it runs out of uses the area needs to be clear so u can place another in the same spot. Walls, chests, festive tree planters, potted plants, mushlights easily obstruct ur ability to place a new one in the exact same spot. Being able to repair it would remove this problem 

This would ofc only be an issue if the bearger fur sleep thing were to be a structure instead of a sleeping bag.   

Personally id really like it to be neat looking structure so we have more pretty things to build in our base.

I made a thread a while back for a bearskin rug turf that could give slight insulation when standing on it, and the rug would have the highest priority over other turfs. This would be a nice item for megabasers and strategic players alike, since it would both look nice and have a use. A bearger fur roll would be nice, though a lot of people don't like to sleep and some people would see it as another useless item.

On 1/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, Ohan said:

Hi! 

could be only way to make wickerbottom sleep but health and sanity increase will be a bit worse than fur roll 

wickerbottom has insomnia right this soft sleeping place could be able to put her in sleep

and also maybe thick fur roll/tent should make us overheat and make us wake up in summer because its thick ya know