wanted; skilled player for a job

@gaymime here's the full vid, I must warn you, the video doesn't have any sound, cauz I've accidentally recorded the voice of my friends on Discord with it, and, the video is in 360p and in 15 fps cauz I have a crappy computer. Enjoy I guess ? I'm sorry again for the poorly recorded video.

1 hour ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

@gaymime here's the full vid, I must warn you, the video doesn't have any sound, cauz I've accidentally recorded the voice of my friends on Discord with it, and, the video is in 360p and in 15 fps cauz I have a crappy computer. Enjoy I guess ? I'm sorry again for the poorly recorded video.

um, you were not kidding. i just finished a game with my friends and started the video but it is really... uh.. this

image.thumb.png.586202d6bb16b7ddaaee37a7cfdb185f.png

this will certainly be something

1 minute ago, gaymime said:

haha XD you should save your sorrys for when i find out which bundle you want~

for sure though i m grateful you chose white webber, even when it gets crunchy he stands out

HE IS SNOWY, that's the best thing ! And... I really don't know which price are too high or I don't know, I don't want to ask you like, a too much big thing, even if it's the price of this topic.

This setup sounds similar to a world idea I (briefly!) tried a long time ago--I turned most things off but meteors UP, because I was going for a "blasted heath" apocalyptic kinda look.

Survive there 30 days? Hardly.  Well, I also restarted the world 'cos it didn't have quite the look/feel I was going for and I wanted to try again, so I ended it early.  But I just thought it was kinda interesting that a thing I did once out of experimentation's sake is also the basis of this challenge.  : P

Well, almost, except for the meteors.  Then I tried a version where all the CANON stuff was turned off, but some MODS were allowed to spawn in _their_ things, 'cos I wanted to see if I could live off of that (and what that world would even look like).  The answer was also no, (because I couldn't get any flint or gold) but I did get that cool scene where I was rescued from hounds by green catcoons.  : P)

The game has changed a LOT since then; would I have more or less luck with the newer mechanics?  Not sure, but this challenge wasn't aimed at me, and I don't have any recording equipment anyway.  Heh.

...Notorious

24 minutes ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

HE IS SNOWY, that's the best thing ! And... I really don't know which price are too high or I don't know, I don't want to ask you like, a too much big thing, even if it's the price of this topic.

you are not limited in which bundle you can choose ^^ pick the one that makes you happiest and after i finish the video send me a message so i can give you my steam info

23 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

This setup sounds similar to a world idea I (briefly!) tried a long time ago--I turned most things off but meteors UP, because I was going for a "blasted heath" apocalyptic kinda look.

The game has changed a LOT since then; would I have more or less luck with the newer mechanics?  Not sure, but this challenge wasn't aimed at me, and I don't have any recording equipment anyway.  Heh.

...Notorious

it is actually about the opposite of how i personally play. i like to abuse the more/lots since i prefer full rich worlds and dont mind a bit of chaos x''D for sure though, even if you dont record it maybe you could try again ^^

I was thinking about trying that out, although I know I'll die very soon.  And I've tried the more/lots thing too, but only when playing as Wigfrid...because more clockworks often means you can be hit by a bishop shot practically the second you get there!  XD  So a character who STARTS with armor...

If I do try it I'll at least take screenshots (because I never DON'T take screenshots); the tale should be...interesting, at least.  if short. : P

...Notorious

24 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I was thinking about trying that out, although I know I'll die very soon.  And I've tried the more/lots thing too, but only when playing as Wigfrid...because more clockworks often means you can be hit by a bishop shot practically the second you get there!  XD  So a character who STARTS with armor...

If I do try it I'll at least take screenshots (because I never DON'T take screenshots); the tale should be...interesting, at least.  if short. : P

...Notorious

funny XD i've only done it as wes and wormwood, it didnt even occur to me not to just book it as soon as i spawn, ha!

I'm tempted to try this as Woodie... If you could survive until the full moon, you'd have a 1/3 chance of becoming a were goose, which you could use to get to the lunar island. Looks like a lot of stuff still spawns there, would be very powerful if you can make it. But it would mean you need to keep nights on so you'd need to find the dfly lava or fireflies by day 1 and return there every night, and you would need to somehow feed yourself for 11 days.

Wait, does everything have to be turned off in the caves? Didn't see you mention that. If not then you could use beaver form (or moose form's charge) to mine a sinkhole and go underground where resources will be plentiful.

Update: I just did a test-run and managed to find the shadow pieces on day 1, which always comes with a pickaxe. I used it to get underground before the first night, which makes the challenge very easy since the caves are still default.

I just did an attempt with pretty much everything in the caves turned off as Woodie, managed to make it to day 7. I basically just spent the whole time exploring, I found 3 mandrakes which I ate raw once starvation brought me down to 90 hp, and I found the shadow piece pickaxe and went underground. I found a bunnymen village setpiece except the houses were gone, just a pitchfork and 8 carrots. I also noticed batilisks will still spawn from sinkholes, which has potential I think. Unfortunately I don't really know how to kite them, so I took a lot of damage and then later died to a crawling horror. My sanity tanked every night because I was spending a lot of time in the dark running in/out of fireflies. Also, I think stuff may still spawn in the lunar grotto. I found the blue mushtree biome but I had no light to explore it.

I had a good idea of where the lunar island was, but I don't want to keep attempting to get to day 11 like that for only a 1/3 chance of getting to the island. If I can somehow get seeds then maybe I can get monster meat from batilisks and make a goose idol.

2 hours ago, Wambachaka said:

I'm tempted to try this as Woodie... If you could survive until the full moon, you'd have a 1/3 chance of becoming a were goose, which you could use to get to the lunar island. Looks like a lot of stuff still spawns there, would be very powerful if you can make it. But it would mean you need to keep nights on so you'd need to find the dfly lava or fireflies by day 1 and return there every night, and you would need to somehow feed yourself for 11 days.

Wait, does everything have to be turned off in the caves? Didn't see you mention that. If not then you could use beaver form (or moose form's charge) to mine a sinkhole and go underground where resources will be plentiful.

Update: I just did a test-run and managed to find the shadow pieces on day 1, which always comes with a pickaxe. I used it to get underground before the first night, which makes the challenge very easy since the caves are still default.

so caves have to abide by the same rules since it wouldnt be a 'none' world otherwise but there is no restriction on if you use the caves or not and even if you turn everything off carrots still spawn in bunny set pieces so there is food to be had. i didnt mention it because it didnt occur to me that someone might not make that choice on their own X''D

7 hours ago, Lbphero said:

unfair

18 minutes ago, wons said:

i'm too young and my pc is too weak to even record stuff. I guess i'll try in 4 years

yeah, as an old dude one of my jobs is to be mean to children x''D sorry! you can totally still do the run though, this really only keeps you from getting prizes

4 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

First thing i'd say is props to @gaymime for doing something like this.

I just woke up and noticed this thread, it is a bit sad that only one person completed it and 17 hours have passed, if it was saturday or sunday it would for sure be more people.

i'm actually pleased someone finished it so fast. it was only a hard challenge not an improbable one and they were clever and removed the hardest part(light management) so they were not at the whim of set pieces and layout for the first couple nights while the world grew. i am hopeful more people will enter though, i still have plenty of dosh left from working overtime and i want to see more people try it ^^

1 minute ago, gaymime said:

yeah, as an old dude one of my jobs is to be mean to children x''D sorry! you can totally still do the run though, this really only keeps you from getting prizes

i don't say you are mean, i just say i'm too young :v i'm totally fine with it :p

9 minutes ago, Wambachaka said:

If I can somehow get seeds then maybe I can get monster meat from batilisks and make a goose idol.

oh, um that is actually where i have bad news.  i've never actually seen a single seed in any world without birds, granted that is like a cumalitive 20ish days but even so

23 minutes ago, gaymime said:

oh, um that is actually where i have bad news.  i've never actually seen a single seed in any world without birds, granted that is like a cumalitive 20ish days but even so

I've seen seeds without birds. Actually earlier today when I was messing around with the nothing world, a skeleton spawned with a pitchfork, manure, a straw hat, and 4 seeds I think. I had "failed survivors" turned off of course but he still spawned. Also, there is a 0.9% chance to get a carrot seed when digging up a naked mole bat burrow in the lunar grotto. Both of those sources are extremely RNG dependent though so I'm not gonna try it.

It occurred to me that it might be possible to make a boat, though. I was finding a surprising number of trees in my run, and even managed to make a science machine. You'd need 37 logs total for a science machine, think tank, boat kit, and an oar. That would take 9 full grown trees and one extra log, if you dig up the stumps.

Archived