Why Wurt?

Could be her new buffs. Her immunity to wetness more or less and the fact her veggie only diet is now easily remedied via the new farming.

I just played as her through a single Spring (simply to expand my Merm houses throughout my swamp and my Bunnyman/Merm farm) and I pretty much ignored the rain completely and easily survived off a stupid amount of dragonpies with some melonsicles and creamy potato on the side. I could easily make more than enough food just off my farm plots for Winter if I wanted to stay as Wurt (I'm not though I'm changing back to Wig).

Oh absolutely ZOOMING through the swamp with a walking cane is pretty fun too.

1 minute ago, GelatinousCube said:

Could be her new buffs. Her immunity to wetness more or less and the fact her veggie only diet is now easily remedied via the new farming.

I just played as her through a single Spring (simply to expand my Merm houses throughout my swamp and my Bunnyman/Merm farm) and I pretty much ignored the rain completely and easily survived off a stupid amount of dragonpies with some melonsicles and creamy potato on the side. I could easily make more than enough food just off my farm plots for Winter if I wanted to stay as Wurt (I'm not though I'm changing back to Wig).

ya know, crops now grow on winter

Sorry I meant during* Winter! That being said I could probably do one last crop in the last week of spring and live off just that through Winter if I really wanted to.

you could also get some moonstone bushes, those grow during winter and give 3 fruits per harvest

4 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

you could also get some moonstone bushes, those grow during winter and give 3 fruits per harvest

Yep I got a ton of Stone Fruit Bushes throughout my base, plenty of honey too etc. Sorry I was more just trying to make a point about how easy it is to keep your food supply going with just farm plots alone as Wurt now because of how big the harvests can be and because you can farm all year round.

Yep I got a ton of Stone Fruit Bushes throughout my base, plenty of honey too etc. Sorry I was more just trying to make a point about how easy it is to keep your food supply going with just farm plots alone as Wurt now because of how big the harvests can be and because you can farm all year round.

oh sry i dragged you :p also i had a massive farm before the update and now its kinda hard to till all the plots but i aint gonna starve on day 600

Wurt has become my unironic default pick. If I don't plan who I'm going to play, I just default to Wurt. She's easy to feed, and super fun to base in the swamp with. I used to rarely choose Wurt, but the new farms (and the wetness changes hehe) alone make her much more fun. Basing in the swamp is viable as Wurt now! :excitement:

9 hours ago, Steve Raptor said:

I haven't played Wurt for a while, do merms still get lost and do not return to their homes if they are too far away? (e.g. you recruit some with food and the loyalty runs out when far away from their homes).

Yea, I just got some of my Merms stuck in the Lunar island and some random savannah near Malbatross spawn when I enlisted some for those fights. You still have to get them killed/guide them home in order to keep the population of your merm village in full capacity

As for the main question, as everybody said, RWYS fixed the biggest challenge of Wurt, providing her easy and reliable crops all year round, as well as giving her a lot of ease when dealing with wetness. But otherwise she is also a very marketable character for a content creator to play as. She's cute, unique, perky... And her skins are very characteristic and expressive. She can be Cute, Colorful, Edgy, Mysterious, or Macabre depending on her skins that make her almost unrecognizable from rest of her skins.

Archived