Giant Produce

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Even without the beeswax, giant veggies function the same as sculptures do. Apart from being flammable.

Wait, do their rotten counterparts also do that or must they be fresh. I try my best not to rot them due to the pesky fruitflies but it's always funny when hounds or pigs get stuck in my Potato or Pumpkin yield field

8 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Wait, do their rotten counterparts also do that or must they be fresh. I try my best not to rot them due to the pesky fruitflies but it's always funny when hounds or pigs get stuck in my Potato or Pumpkin yield field

The rotten versions work too. And the fruit flies only spawn when you break them open anyway.

I figured out that waxed crops can't be put on produce scales...
You can use giant crops with hammer for double the veggies with a 75% for a third veggie and 2 seeds plus a 25% for a third seed. However, due to the amount of work for these giant veggies, they're really only worth the bragging rights of the heaviest pumpkin 90% of the time.

1 hour ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

I figured out that waxed crops can't be put on produce scales...
You can use giant crops with hammer for double the veggies with a 75% for a third veggie and 2 seeds plus a 25% for a third seed. However, due to the amount of work for these giant veggies, they're really only worth the bragging rights of the heaviest pumpkin 90% of the time.

I wouldn't really say "just bragging rights". If you grow them regularly you end up with more crops than an 12 player base can eat. I mean just growing giant pumpkins in a monoculture 2x2 farm grants you over 80 pumpkins (around 100 mostly) in merely 3 days; since the low stress conditions for giants also means they'll grow quickest they can. That's days and days worth of hunger, ideal for trips. All it takes is some watering and a few fertilizing. Friendly Fruitfly already covers care and if you go with crop combos you won't even need fertilizing; in spring you likely won't even need watering. Another sneaky perk of giants is that they take about two seasons to spoil so after you produce them smash them anytime for about 3 fresh crops at your convenience. I'd go as far as to say that a well cared farm is quite a sustainable alternative to hunting or even most of the crock pot dishes.

Archived