New Wormwood changes made him so good to play alone

7 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Imo it is. Not all the time but every little mistake makes you waste batbat or tent durability or grindy healing potions like jellybeans, glad or honey salves

For regullar fights healing is easy but in fights like FW, shadow pieces,etc that lets you little room between atacks having to heal with a high animation duration makes the diference when other characters can spam more healing food in less time

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Imo it is. Not all the time but every little mistake makes you waste batbat or tent durability or grindy healing potions like jellybeans, glad or honey salves

For regullar fights healing is easy but in fights like FW, shadow pieces,etc that lets you little room between atacks having to heal with a high animation duration makes the diference when other characters can spam food healing more in less time

Wormwood is the only character that can have two healing regen buffs (jelly beans+compost) going at the same time so he can afford to make mistakes. His blooming negates the penalty of marble armor or can allow for easier kiting against the shadow piece. Bosses. Also you can unlease dozens of spring bees while blooming to take down fuelweaver so just like every character he has upsides that balance his downsides (now more than ever). Yes, he CAN make mistakes. Also, there's no healing animation when using a bat bat? You even get to do some damage while healing. So in a way the green caps he eats are a pseudo healing item as it is "healing" the sanity trade off at no health cost. 

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Also you can unlease dozens of spring bees while blooming

Im soo looking forward to experiment with bee strats. i feel like this is an overlooked change. Hostile bees being neutral to Blooming Wormwood is such a super neat unique buff.

11 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

So in a way the green caps he eats are a pseudo healing item as it is "healing" the sanity trade off at no health cost. 

Clever! 

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Wormwood is the only character that can have two healing regen buffs (jelly beans+compost)

I had not yet tried this out! awesome!

They did such a good job with this mini rework :D:love_heart: so much more depth was added to his character 

5 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Wormwood is the only character that can have two healing regen buffs (jelly beans+compost) going at the same time so he can afford to make mistakes. His blooming negates the penalty of marble armor or can allow for easier kiting against the shadow piece. Bosses. Also you can unlease dozens of spring bees while blooming to take down fuelweaver so just like every character he has upsides that balance his downsides (now more than ever). Yes, he CAN make mistakes. Also, there's no healing animation when using a bat bat? You even get to do some damage while healing. So in a way the green caps he eats are a pseudo healing item as it is "healing" the sanity trade off at no health cost. 

You are right with the regeneration and the marbel suit but not with the bees strat against shadow bosses, Fw and the rook do aoe damage so they will not last more than few seconds (also how do you bring them to the atrium?) and you dont want to use a batbat against FW when you are already losing a lot of sanity because of the lazy explorer and the poor damage of the batbat

I find it funny that that in the beta forums players kept saying that Wormwood needs more buffs despite everything it already got and now there's this thread. :)

I have yet to play as it, but I have few other survivors I want to fully try out, such as Warly, new Wigfrid or Walter. From what I've read Wormwood is in really good shape now.

23 minutes ago, MrNaxeros said:

I find it funny that that in the beta forums players kept saying that Wormwood needs more buffs despite everything it already got and now there's this thread. :)

The bulk of the changes/the best bits were not showcased in the beta, they were added on the release date itself. they really were a surprise. thats why there were people, myself included, asking for further changes like forced blooming before RWYS got released on live. Im sure the consensus now is that hes in a really great spot. 

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you dont want to use a batbat against FW when you are already losing a lot of sanity because of the lazy explorer and the poor damage of the batbat

What they were trying to point out i think is that a stack of cooked green shrooms can function as healing for Wormwood with a Batbat. Shroom eating is faster than both pierogi or healing salves etc. And you'd only switch to batbat for a couple of swings if ur hurt, otherwise you just fight with glass cutter or whatever.

Instead of retreating to heal with salves etc you can just keep fighting with Batbat and heal at the same time while quickly eating a few shrooms. And we all know how easily Wormwood can grow tons of mushrooms. I havent tried this Batbat playstyle yet myself but it sounds like a very valid strategy. 

19 minutes ago, Ohan said:

The bulk of the changes/the best bits were not showcased in the beta, they were added on the release date itself. they really were a surprise. thats why there were people, myself included, asking for further changes like forced blooming before RWYS got released on live. Im sure the consensus now is that hes in a really great spot. 

What they were trying to point out is that a stack of cooked green shrooms can function as healing for Wormwood with a Batbat. Shroom eating is faster than both pierogi or healing salves etc. And you'd only switch to batbat for a couple of swings if ur hurt, otherwise you just fight with glass cutter or whatever.

Instead of retreating to heal with salves etc you can just keep fighting with Batbat and heal at the same time while quickly eating a few shrooms. And we all know how easily Wormwood can grow tons of mushrooms. I havent tried this Batbat playstyle yet myself but it sounds like a very valid strategy. 

i didnt say that is impossible but instead of healing when fw has the shield active you need to hit him with the batbat losing dps making the fight longer with all the waste of resources that it involves which, at the end, is a downside compared to wilson

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You are right with the regeneration and the marbel suit but not with the bees strat against shadow bosses, Fw and the rook do aoe damage so they will not last more than few seconds (also how do you bring them to the atrium?) and you dont want to use a batbat against FW when you are already losing a lot of sanity because of the lazy explorer and the poor damage of the batbat

You can bundle bees in order to bring them to the atrium. I also never mentioned using the bees on the shadow pieces, only on fuelweaver but since he one shots them you do need a lot (a bundle can hold 160 bees lol). You only use the bat bat to heal and not as a weapon. Again, you use cooked green caps to offset the sanity loss. If thats not enough forget me lots tea exists now too. Youre not gonna use the bat bat when it has its shield up either.... Only a couple of swings is sufficient. I think youre thinking that youre gonna take a lot of damage which shouldnt be the case even if youre tanking. With a marble suit and jelly+compost healing you shouldnt need that many swings.

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

You can bundle bees in order to bring them to the atrium. I also never mentioned using the bees on the shadow pieces, only on fuelweaver but since he one shots them you do need a lot (a bundle can hold 160 bees lol). You only use the bat bat to heal and not as a weapon. Again, you use cooked green caps to offset the sanity loss. If thats not enough forget me lots tea exists now too.

bees cant beat fw, he does aoe damage

and about the sanity, as i said, i know is possible but still being more difficult than with a default character so =downside

edit: and as i said you are losing dps,other characters can heal when he has the shield up and do all the damage with a good weapon when is diseable

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

bees cant beat fw, he does aoe damage

and about the sanity, as i said, i know is possible but still being more difficult than with a default character so =downside

Ah ok didnt know he had an aoe actually. Ive fought him a few times and none of his attacks seemed to be a group attack. Is it the spiral bone drop? Ive seen other use a group of rock lobsters and the only time they all sheltered at the same time was when it screeched. Again having two regen buffs and a marble suit... If youre taking a lot of damage you may need to improve your kiting.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Ah ok didnt know he had an aoe actually. Ive fought him a few times and none of his attacks seemed to be a group attack. Is it the spiral bone drop? Ive seen other use a group of rock lobsters and the only time they all sheltered at the same time was when it screeched. Again having two regen buffs and a marble suit... If youre taking a lot of damage you may need to improve your kiting.

he has a weird aoe damage, he deals damage to all in front of him also the cage is aoe damage. I know this because one time i tried to check if weeber can use spider army against him but fw killed hundred of spiders in just few seconds

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

If youre taking a lot of damage you may need to improve your kiting

im just pointing that in terms of numbers, woodwood is weak in comparation to wilson in this kind of fights no need to start to size penises and less with a fight were the hits so slow that is actually difficult to be hit by him. Fw cage you (unless you use 4 thuribles) so you have 2 options: tank when the second phase starts to increase the dps every time he cage you or spam lazy explorer. With wormwood the 1st method will make you need more sanity food to compensate the use of batbats (that, ofc, can be used at the same time with jellybeans) and the second will make you need a lot of sanity food too and will make your dps low. Meanwhile wilson can use few sanity food and few healing food without the need of timing when to use the healing or loosing dps using a weapon that only deals 42 damage

all of this in comparation with wilson, nobody is saying that is impossible or even difficult, just less confortable than fighting with wilson... but i see that when there is no arguments atacking is the way to go

38 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

he has a weird aoe damage, he deals damage to all in front of him also the cage is aoe damage. I know this because one time i tried to check if weeber can use spider army against him but fw killed hundred of spiders in just few seconds

im just pointing that in terms of numbers, woodwood is weak in comparation to wilson in this kind of fights no need to start to size penises and less with a fight were the hits so slow that is actually difficult to be hit by him. Fw cage you (unless you use 4 thuribles) so you have 2 options: tank when the second phase starts to increase the dps every time he cage you or spam lazy explorer. With wormwood the 1st method will make you need more sanity food to compensate the use of batbats (that, ofc, can be used at the same time with jellybeans) and the second will make you need a lot of sanity food too and will make your dps low. Meanwhile wilson can use few sanity food and few healing food without the need of timing when to use the healing or loosing dps using a weapon that only deals 42 damage

all of this in comparation with wilson, nobody is saying that is impossible or even difficult, just less confortable than fighting with wilson... but i see that when there is no arguments atacking is the way to go

WHAT???? Saying you may need to improve your kiting is a personal attack????? Wtf??? AGAIN, YOURE ONLY USING THE BAT BAT TO HEAL and is absolutely not necessary . You keep bring up its damage which is irrelevant. Wormwood would be using darksword which his go to weapon. A wilson would most likely be bringing a thelucite clubs as that is far more cost efficient. Not to mention a queen bee hat gives a massive sanity regen throughout the fight. There is no penis measuring contest??? Dude what are you even talking about youve derailed the whole conversation.

4 minutes ago, Seero said:

for real? thats like 4 hp per lightbulb/fern

juicy berry worlds are now a must have, they are really good for wormwood

This is exactly my point- people just are not realizing how powerful rot healing actually is in this game: This is extra especially true when playing alone by yourself and Rot just accumulates all over everywhere: And since Rot (and Rotten Eggs) never spoil out Wormwood can literally walk around the map all day finding loose Rot to heal with.

For me it took what WAS a challenging character to play and made him significantly easier to keep his Health topped off.

I guess it makes people who may have been off-put by Wormwoods difficulty more likely to buy the character now though, so I can understand why the changes were made.

But pile that on top of Wetness immunity, Forced Self-Blooming and the ability to passively grow crops just by walking around in them letting his Bloom trail tend to them: And Wormwood suddenly starts becoming pretty OP.

I like Wormwood and will continue to play as him: but completely gone are the days where I’d barely make it out of a tough situation limping back to base with 4hp’s to heal up or ever having to worry about not finding food so I don’t starve out.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, Viktor234 said:

Wormwood was already good to play alone before he got all those unnecessary buffs. I don't like the changes they did to Wormwood, all I wanted to see was manure becoming more useful for Wormwood and giving him the ability to use his blooming outside of spring.

So Klei as usual didn't change his interactions with manure at all and gave him the ability to bloom at the cost of 14 Spoiled Fish Morsels per ingame year. Other than that, the Killer Bees who are attracted by Wormwood don't focus him but his friends now and he doesn't need to farm crops during spring anymore since farming crops is now more than twice as effective and he doesn't suffer from a +100% hunger drain during spring.

He was better before he got buffed by Klei.

“He was better before he got buffed by Klei”

This isn’t remotely true, and the buffs weren’t unnecessary.  He’s in a pretty good spot now without such a huge gap between his solo and group performance.

Archived