Sketch Surplus

Is there anything that can be done with sketches once they're already used? Once you've started killing bosses and have used your first sketch they accumulate pretty quickly and just sit around your base uselessly. The only thing I know of is using them as fuel which seems really wasteful. It'd be nice if maybe we could 'erase' them at a cartography table or something to recycle them for papyrus. Does anybody know any in-game usage that I'm missing, or do you guys agree that they should have some other purpose to make them somewhat useful?

I think if a solution were to be made for this that recycling them into papyrus is a really nifty idea! I dont really see how it could be done though since there isnt really a precedent for something like that if im not mistaken. Like it would have to be done through a recipe, or an item used on it? Or just simply hovering a sketch over a Desk and the character does a working animation and poof papyrus? :thinking: 

I'd love to see another use for sketches and blueprints! Turning them to papyrus seems good, too! Maybe on a structure with mechanics similar to a crockpot: you have 4 slots, you put sketches/blueprints in, you turn it on, and then it spits out 4 papyrus after some time.

Recycling is caring, no more burned sketches/blueprints :wilson_vforvictory:

Well, each Potter's Wheel is unique so the idea is you can use the excess sketches to upgrade other tables, same with excess advents and different tackle receptacles. I had situations where I had the sketches registered in the potter's wheel used for building a panic room whereas someone else wanted the same sketches for their own sculpture project. Especially relevant with the Shadow piece sketches since they have a specific use.

That said, yea, usually you end up with many more sketches that you want so a way to turn them to papyrus would be great; just imagining a cartography desk craftable that requires any figure sketch and turns it into papyrus.

I used to play with a local mod I've made to remove sketches from boss loots if I already have them on all my Sculpting Tables. Just because I don't like wasting an extra inventory slot for it if I already have them, and no way I let on the ground, so yeah, useless when you don't need them and just frustrating. I think the solution I use could be a nice QoL feature.

it's such a habit to burn all the sketches and blueprints by now, it would feel weird otherwise. Idk it can get annoying but i don't see an easy solution, you kind of want the 100% drop rate for both sketches and blueprints at the start of worlds.

Archived