Hello Klei can we please have more Achievements?

6 hours ago, wons said:

If remember correctly; Klei doesn't really likes achievemnts, like, the system of achievements i guess, they added achievements to console version so sony would let them release the console port 

image.png.0e91463b63da9f52c2bd38bc55109ffa.png
it even says on the wiki :v

That was for the original DS game, and in particular the one for the Acomploshrine.

It only had 10 achievements most of which you’ll get just by playing the game, The other Achievements for solo DS are: 

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Dont-Starve-Giant-Edition/achievements

With obviously unlocking Wes & Maxwell being the hardest ones.

The Achievements for DST are:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Dont-Starve-Together/achievements

With Snurtling, No Fly Zone, Ancient History, & Defier of Odds being the hardest ones.

Now- DS only had 10 Achievements because Klei had to put them in, & all of them except for Wes, Maxwell & that highly annoying Shrine are super easy to get.

DST has 36... you really gonna sit and say that they add all those because they had no choice? they could’ve just did like they did with DS Giant Edition and only make 10 and make them super easy to get.

So- obviously I and am sure others who have done them all for both games, would enjoy it if Klei would add new ones. :) Thnx

To play devils advocate, while it is true that they don't intended for DST or DS to have achievements, why should they half ass something they are required to do for the console releases? However, in the same vein, I also don't think there should be bread crumbs leading to such rigid and defined goals like killing x boss or going to x place. For example, having an achievement for having all normally reaserchable, protypable items prototyped would be interesting as it would require the player to gather so many wayword materials like spittle fish and a krampus spawning amount of butterfly soul filled wings, that it would drive the player to explore the depths and the sea to get the achievement. In short, if they are forced to add achievements, I would want them to be both broad enough so that it would seem truly exciting to near a possible end result, while also well defined enough to seem tangible from the off set.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

you really gonna sit and say that they add all those because they had no choice?

yes.well, who knows what they had in their minds, maybe sony increased their "minimal achievements number" and klei had to do so who knows¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, wons said:

If remember correctly; Klei doesn't really likes achievemnts, like, the system of achievements i guess, they added achievements to console version so sony would let them release the console port 

image.png.0e91463b63da9f52c2bd38bc55109ffa.png
it even says on the wiki :v

i was just going to quote the wiki about the accomploshrine. it’s one of the many reasons why i love klei. 

Some players got annoyed at the shrine because they saw it as a personal attack or punishment for them enjoying achievements. So future achievements in other games in the franchise were a bit more in order of what players would expect. 

The reason wasn't so much about "the pointlessness of achievements" it was that it was against the design philosophy of the original Don't Starve. Both shipwrecked and Hamlet diverge from this design philosophy to some degree and DST the design philosophy doesn't apply as it has to be adapted for multiplayer. 

Anyway. The point is that the only reason to not add more achievements for DST is because we would rather spend the time on other things and I also think most players would rather that we did spend time on other things. So, I clarify above so that if this is something lots of players would want, that while unlikely it's not entirely off the table. 

Archived