[Game Update] - 442776

i still think there is a way to have both types of farms work and my baalance ideas are something like this
the farm plot can only grow random seeds but it just grows on its on fast and dont need much to do more and alsol cant start rotin and the farm field is to grow all types of seeds random and known ones but it takes longer and you need to do more things for it but if your good at that you get more from 1 plant

9 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Unfortunately, we can't do that, since there is no simple way to add tool tips to that tab, that would also work with controllers.

Then I'm going to have to agree with what @Zeklo said; I'm more confused by the arrows now compared to when I was reading it correctly before. I see an upward arrow, my mind says increase (cause that little line representing the dirt just doesn't immediately register for me), but it actually means decrease xD

Edited by lakhnish
(cause that little line representing the dirt just doesn't immediately register for me),
  • Big Ups 1

5 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Doesn't it work like that right now? 2 single arrows means 1 nutrient from plant A + 1 nutrient from plant B, and one double is 2 nutrients? am i missing something? you suggesting for it to be multiplied by 2? so 2 nutrients from each plant against 4 nutrients from the other plant

What I'm saying is: The nutrient cycling arrows have 3 values. The single arrow signifies a value of 1, the double arrow signifies a value of 4 and the quadruple arrow signified a value of 8 (please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure these are right). One quadruple-arrow = two double-arrows, but one double-arrow = four single-arrows.

EDIT: I WAS wrong. I double-checked and saw this. My bad!
image.png.31ed564263803960b72a968395873ec8.png

In my defense, though, I looked at the fertilizer values instead of the plant values, which use 1-4-8 (which seems inconsistent)
image.png.dd3eb97094a4af957c49e03398fef91d.png

Edited by Electroely

If i might make a few suggestion: its kind of hard to amass seeds when you’re busy taking care of plants, perhaps make it to where a bird will give 1 specific crop seed with a chance at a nonspecific seed again. It’ll make it easier to have enough seeds to fill my plots while i’m trying to get the specific seeds i want to make good crop pairings. 
as for the wormwood problem it may help to give him an easy to craft musical instrument like a living wood flute that he can use to tend to plants, or maybe other farming tools (watering can thats better than default but not as good as the boss one) lean into the farming thing i think its great

also could u make it possible to get weed seeds (make them inedible if you want) the rarer weeds are hard to amass and i’d totally make a field of forget me lots and tillweeds for sanity and health and the damaging one as wormwood for defense

finally can you make farming possible if difficult at night, i prefer lights out for the added challenge, maybe allow plants to grow and make a bird that only spawns at night on the lunar island, its hard to play as wurt so itd be appreciated 

• Sanity 1

Thanks so much for listening to the community feedback and making this forum a place to voice our concerns .

I'm especially thankful you are thinking about Wormwood and the other things people have mentioned

None the less,this is a fantastic update and everything I had hoped for with new carefully crafted, detailed content, wonderful plant designs and gameplay mechanics <3

Thanks again to everyone on the team,it's the reason I nominated you for the Steam Labor of Love award,you are the best team Klei!

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

Oh and I have a suggestion about seeds - my inventory gets full of just the produce when harvesting and now all different kinds of seeds so maybe a seed bag of sorts is needed,like we have the candy bag for carrying trinkets and candy! Or maybe give the scarecrow pockets to store seeds in. :D

Edited by krtoween
  • GL Happy 1

because luxury axe is alredy a thing and you make a gold hoe whit the name luxury too even if every gold tool has a differend word for it so maybe instead of luxury gardening hoe its called mastery gardener hoe so that way the luxury is a gold axe only thing

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

because luxury axe is alredy a thing and you make a gold hoe whit the name luxury too even if every gold tool has a differend word for it so maybe instead of luxury gardening hoe its called mastery gardener hoe so that way the luxury is a gold axe only thing

True, what about “Prestige” or “Lavish”?

• Like 1

Awesome changes! Here is my feedback regarding some of them:

Allow Wormwood to satisfy plants with his presence. One-man Band is so cheap players would probably use it anyway on bigger farms and with everyone being able to plant seeds almost everywhere Wormy really needs a meaningful perk in farming. Saving 0.5 second on talk when he still has to tend every crop will still take a lot of time.

Perhaps this:

image.png.dda246b84c1bd1ae1848e553736ae1d4.png 

would be less confusing than this:  

image.png.2e0af7e5baac287a8d9ad60f06a0077f.png

I'm also on board to change Luxury Garden Hoe's adjective to something unique like Grandeur Garden Hoe (if you like french) for a word play we all so enjoy in DST.

I value all your efforts with fixing every bug as I'm aware there are many more not listed here (like invisible Produce Scale bug), but I actually thought this one was an intended feature!

On 11/28/2020 at 1:17 AM, ScottHansen said:

Fixed Watering Can depleting water when used as a weapon.

I was glad when I noticed someone added that. On the contrary to that bugfix I would rather embrace that, making Watering Can an interesting way to make your target wet!

On 11/28/2020 at 1:17 AM, ScottHansen said:

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the feedback around the Applied Horticulture changes causing problems for end-game players and base builders. We are discussing solutions for this and it will not remain as is. Changes to the book will happen early or mid next week. We are also aware of people's concerns around Wormwood's plant-anywhere being diluted by the new farming mechanics. We are also discussing this and improvements to Wormwood will come in throughout the beta.

This made me quite sad to be honest. I saw a lot of comments filled with negative emotions towards developers because some players didn't like your changes to this single book. It makes me sad, because I can feel how much pressure you have to face when trying to weaken or adjust anything in the game to keep it in balance and I'm afraid some part of the community is trying to emotionally bend you to their will instead of enjoying the game the way you envision it.

I hope you are aware most of us appreciate your work and effort. Any harsh words are results of how strong emotions some people have towards your product or because some people just don't adapt well to changing what they know.

• Big Ups 1

On 11/29/2020 at 7:58 AM, krtoween said:

Thanks so much for listening to the community feedback and making this forum a place to voice our concerns .

I'm especially thankful you are thinking about Wormwood and the other things people have mentioned

None the less,this is a fantastic update and everything I had hoped for with new carefully crafted, detailed content, wonderful plant designs and gameplay mechanics <3

Thanks again to everyone on the team,it's the reason I nominated you for the Steam Labor of Love award,you are the best team Klei!

Absolutely agree. They are so worthy of this award. KLEI has raised the industry standard too much. Look at the speed and quality of updates released by many other game companies, including some of the same famous game companies,Their level of effort is not even half that of Klei.

If I remember correctly, I remember that dst basically has nominations every year. Look at dst's opponents, they are all games such as gta, dota2, csgo. dst is the pride of independent games. I hope that DST will win this year. Klei deserves this award more than anyone.

So let's VOTE!

Edited by Pikapikap
  • Like 2

So this lord of the fruitflys spawns from none rotin plants now? thats realy stupid it just makes me not do farmin at all if a boss just spawns randomly in the farm i think it sould only spawn at rotin farm plants not on perfect fine plants i think that way its makes more sense you get a boss if your plants rot and you dont take care of them so please klei fruitfly boss only at rotin farm plants not on perfectly fine ones

24 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

So this lord of the fruitflys spawns from none rotin plants now? thats realy stupid it just makes me not do farmin at all if a boss just spawns randomly in the farm i think it sould only spawn at rotin farm plants not on perfect fine plants i think that way its makes more sense you get a boss if your plants rot and you dont take care of them so please klei fruitfly boss only at rotin farm plants not on perfectly fine ones

i dont know but i get to scared of my care farm getting atack for him

if it was rotten i will not care