[Game Update] Cloud Save Public Testing - 437751

• Developer

Hello friends!

A few small changes on the preview branch before the weekend. Please give this a try and post any bugs you find, whether they are technical bugs, or any thing that's confusing or unclear! Have a good weekend. :)

• Change the build number prefix for the new update to "CS"
  • Add a "Default to Cloud" option in game options, and a Save To Cloud setting per colony.
  • Choosing "Sync ALL to cloud/local" will also update the default.
  • Updated art on the migration screen
  • Don't log a warning if a colony is missing its matching .png
  • Force a refresh of the "Resume Game" button after migrating and changing sync settings for a save.
  • Migration screen will now show the first error encountered to help diagnose problems.

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hello friends!

A few small changes on the preview branch before the weekend. Please give this a try and post any bugs you find, whether they are technical bugs, or any thing that's confusing or unclear! Have a good weekend. :)

For STRINGS.UI.FRONTEND.LOADSCREEN.SAVE_INFO, can you add a description text for the disk space for non-techie users?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When clicking 'sync all to cloud' or 'all to local' don't display an 'unsuccessful' message if the files already exist, 'save already present' would be far better.

Edit: Or even better, check timestamps/cycles or something, and offer the option for merging conflicts IF there is a difference. If not, this should be invisible to users past a save already existed message.

Options to convert all files can definitely be in load game, but probably should be under options too/instead. It's really unintuitive. Had to pull up this thread to understand what was going on.

Another edit - can 'Load Game' be called 'Saves' instead? Now that there's options to manage where games are saved that should still be intuitive for loading/continuing a game, and it'll make it clear that there's other save game functionality there too.

Edited by spkthed

3 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Just out of curiosity: What did you use and how well did it work? Linux or Windows?

I've been using one drive on Windows, I've done it using a method that is called symbolic linking, it's a special shortcut type that you must use CMD with admin rights to create... and then it redirects where the game actually saves files even to other drives and the game will write in any place on PC you want... granted the file system supports symbolic linking NTFS does

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TehPlayer14 said:

I've been using one drive on Windows, I've done it using a method that is called symbolic linking, it's a special shortcut type that you must use CMD with admin rights to create... and then it redirects where the game actually saves files even to other drives and the game will write in any place on PC you want... granted the file system supports symbolic linking NTFS does

Thanks. Also for finally giving me an idea why I never managed to create symlinks on Windows. Not that I tried very hard, but just like MS to screw this up when other systems have gotten this right for decades.