Are the gestalts children?

This has been bugging me for a while. 

Wortox's quote for gestalts (from Wiki):  

image.png.e2fe5a4e1618908f3f67ce692731acb5.png

And for greater gestalts:

image.png.bd7ccf572f9a67ab6caf2d0e0e4a883d.png

What do you think these things are? 

Almost considered putting this in the thread "questions that don't deserve their own thread" but eh. This seems thread worthy?

Wortox has a rather silly personality, I think he's just calling them that. But if you're asking if they're the ghosts of dead children I don't think they are due to how ghosts have been shown to look and dead children ghosts growing up into adult dead children ghosts doesn't make much sense.

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Wortox has a rather silly personality, I think he's just calling them that. But if you're asking if they're the ghosts of dead children I don't think they are due to how ghosts have been shown to look and dead children ghosts growing up into adult dead children ghosts doesn't make much sense.

One of the survivors mentions that they are a projection of something bigger, so probably some sort of moon minion/fragment

To me they seem like physical manifestations of the moon's essence itself. Despite having somewhat of a "see through" body material and being able to interact with the person once they reach high enough lunacy, making the Gestalts clearly visible and the person vulnerable and mesmerized. They could be labelled as a "ghastly" entity, though i doubt they're spirits of long dead living beings. But that's just my own interpretation.

Archived