What is the best use of Chlorine ?

Hello dear ONi Forumistas :p

Has anybody got an idea what to do with chlorine ?

Currently I have it in a cooled down fluid version in my base. I would be very much interested in some good temp transfer idea or power generation use, if somehow possible. Germ reduction does not really play a role in my colony, but anything clever, cool, useful or funny is of course welcome.

I don`t play with the editor in my colony, so realistic things and do-able would be great. It can be brutal or fine and sophisticated, but it needs to be build-able in the game with real dupes.

It would be great if there is a Chlorine Gremlin in the game - It drinks fluid chlorine and then dna splits in to another Chlorine Gremlin...but thats a wet chlorine dream !

Dont hesitate to post what you do with Chlorine, even if its your first forum post. Your experience is welcome.

Thank you very much, Babba

image.thumb.png.e8d1b98726459309b2cbab0ce8141d59.png

Chlorine Gremlin ( thirsty )

image.png.3ad1378728231701475951c50a9f9f7c.png

as i not have much chlorine atm in my colony till i can go closer to geyser what is in very bottom hot area, i use that for Lily farm where dreckos eat .

probably it might be useful at sometime later for cooling if i really need very cold area where it turn into solit clorine, but i have also hydrogen vent in map so i could go directly even colder than chlorine

--

also because chlorine turns into solid it might be useful for make infinity cold at single tile for stabilize hydrogen liquid

It's not amazing, but you can always turn Chlorine into Natural Gas via Gas Grass and a Gassy Moo.  It isn't fast or reliable but entirely possible.  You'll need to keep going to space to get more as your Gassy Moos die, but if you have a Chlorine geyser you want to use for something, it works.

1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

small tip Puft Prince can todo that as well as they are multi gas eaters

that's ok if your goal is to get rid of the gas.

If you want to turn it into something useful, princes destroy 90% of it, while standard/dense/squeaky pufts destroy only 5%.

31 minutes ago, TheMule said:

that's ok if your goal is to get rid of the gas.

If you want to turn it into something useful, princes destroy 90% of it, while standard/dense/squeaky pufts destroy only 5%.

good to know that they eat more, so basically i todo this right way from begging without know that,

as i use them atm for make oxygen and i have that way too much

4 hours ago, Lbphero said:

I feed it to my squeaky pufts for recreation and food

OxygenNotIncluded_CPkVPjzLpD.thumb.png.058f2bca09af65dd5edadd6870c35907.pngOxygenNotIncluded_I7zl2QvUqP.png.8c744585f09d2bb18b1b5fcbcccc57c1.pngOxygenNotIncluded_zhqLEVlKHR.png.80ee9847d0459c59e8e5bd447071b9d4.png

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2264059144 my guide for ranching pufts if you want to know how to use squeakys to turn it into bleach stone

Very cool and sophisticated, thanks for sharing ! :x

The hot tub looks like a fun place to be :angel:

...Your guide link is awesome :afro:

I converted my chlorine to oxygen and glass.

On my latest map I had no algae and limited water to produce oxygen, so I had to rely on a rust deoxidizer to produce the majority of my oxygen. The salt on my map was also limited, so when it ran out I had to make more salt from dasha saltvine. Dasha saltvines are slightly matter positive (3.6 kg/cycle Chlorine + 7 kg/cycle Sand --> 10.83 kg/cycle Salt). Ignoring the resulting table salt, the rock crusher can convert salt to equal amounts sand. I used the growing amounts of salt to run the rust deoxider; and the growing amounts of sand in the glass forge to make glass.

Thanks for the idea with the salt vine and rock crusher dear @yoakenashi

I discovered that I can make table salt with the rock crusher, I have gigatons of salt !

Will think of the Saltvine now for my current colony - I forgot all about it. Was ages ago that I played ONi, its a fresh colony I`m now playing with :afro:

https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Dasha_Saltvine

https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Table_Salt

Archived