Can tidy hidey holes be imrpoved?

17 minutes ago, bigGMIW said:

if anything increase it by 1 because all you need to make 4-5 thulicite shards is just 3 sticks and one dust clump. 

yea, but that one dust clump needs nitre, rocks, and most importantly, salt crystals

While it does somewhat give motivation to harvest salt crystals, the reward isn't worth the hastle imo. They seem like more relaxed but slower tiny thulecite factories. It's a decent method to gather some bonus thulecite if you don't wanna bother with Fuelweaver for the ruins reset.

Personally I think the easiest way to “fix” it would be to make 2 dusts per craft. I can agree with the cost itself since salt while tedious isn’t terrible to mine, but getting a 1 to 1 ratio just seems like a poor investment in terms of efficiency, especially with ruins resetting.

The other way I could think of is making it only take 4 minutes down from 6, and to see hints of progress in between. It takes a bit too long in my book, and a lot of people definitely got confused when they just looked at a dust moth take 3+ minutes scrubbing the same objects with no real visual cues anything was occurring. Could just be me though.

I wouldn't hate mining salt crystals as much if I could throw a net out and pull them towards me; gets annoying having to fight off the cookie cutters while also trying to not crash the boat just to pick up what you've mined. Other than that, I wouldn't mind if anything you mine on the ocean automatically gets added into your inventory instead.

4 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I wouldn't hate mining salt crystals as much if I could throw a net out and pull them towards me; gets annoying having to fight off the cookie cutters while also trying to not crash the boat just to pick up what you've mined. Other than that, I wouldn't mind if anything you mine on the ocean automatically gets added into your inventory instead.

Try the orange amulet

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Try the orange amulet

Honestly I don't think using a lazy forager is a good solution for this, especially since you're likely gonna have other stuff on your boat as well that you don't want to clutter your inventory with
Not just that, but having to go all the way to the ruins to craft something just so you can do the most basic of tasks in a way that is not obnoxious sounds overly complicated to me, when they could just add an easier way to grab items out of the ocean.
Just my opinion though.

3 minutes ago, Freshness said:

Honestly I don't think using a lazy forager is a good solution for this, especially since you're likely gonna have other stuff on your boat as well that you don't want to clutter your inventory with
Not just that, but having to go all the way to the ruins to craft something just so you can do the most basic of tasks in a way that is not obnoxious sounds overly complicated to me, when they could just add an easier way to grab items out of the ocean.
Just my opinion though.

was a suggestion in the middle time. Is true that is so anoying when you need staff liying on the floor and i would like a net but it works like a charm.

The thing is that this item exists but is only used for few things that are not a big deal. Maybe an improvement of how it works will be good.

About the ruins, well is content that exists. Depends of the player how much quaility of life he wants and how much danger want to face to get it

On 10/20/2020 at 4:45 PM, Freshness said:

Just my opinion though.

I use it for salt/barnacles all the time, it's easy to go around stuff on your boat, all you have to do is fill your inventory and have at least 1 salt or what it is you want to pick. Honestly i'm happy cause it has more uses now, i got used to bring one up for my boat trips.

but however, salt is still tedious to get nonetheless. I agree that you should be getting 2 instead of 1 per craft, seems more balanced to me.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:51 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

was a suggestion in the middle time. Is true that is so anoying when you need staff liying on the floor and i would like a net but it works like a charm.

The thing is that this item exists but is only used for few things that are not a big deal. Maybe an improvement of how it works will be good.

About the ruins, well is content that exists. Depends of the player how much quaility of life he wants and how much danger want to face to get it

Just like with anything, if you use "endgame" items it makes most things significantly easier in this game. It's a choice of whether or not the value of that item is worth more than the time/effort to do a task without it. 

I like Maxil's idea simply because I find salt gathering annoying, BUT because I detest it I make the task easier by using end game items for it. You can get A LOT of salt using Strident Tridents and Lazy Foragers in a pretty short amount of time. Of course, this would all be in the end game anyway, so who cares, but with that in mind there's potential for tons of thelucite to be made from a 2x Collected Dust per craft buff. 

1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Just like with anything, if you use "endgame" items it makes most things significantly easier in this game. It's a choice of whether or not the value of that item is worth more than the time/effort to do a task without it. 

I like Maxil's idea simply because I find salt gathering annoying, BUT because I detest it I make the task easier by using end game items for it. You can get A LOT of salt using Strident Tridents and Lazy Foragers in a pretty short amount of time. Of course, this would all be in the end game anyway, so who cares, but with that in mind there's potential for tons of thelucite to be made from a 2x Collected Dust per craft buff. 

dont get me wrong, something better and more sea related will be lovely but is also sad to have that item with no uses (1 use and is almost not worth in 90% of the times except for green gems or 3 thulecite). A launching net or something crazy like klei always do

also i think you can "hire" gnawls to pick up salt but never tried 

Archived