retrofitting spawns a wormhole instead of attaching the moon cave

The main reason I could see is it would be very difficult to generate the equivalent of a huge setpiece into an existing world with a bridge while not looking highly suspicious. I get why they did the wormhole route, since while slightly unrealistic is still somewhat in tune, especially since it is always found in your existing blue mush biome when it is retrofit.

As for the sign, it's apparently supposed to have text saying to "pretend it's connected" to the blue mush biome, but apparently it's bugged and does not properly do so.

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is a place holder, they will eventually add something more fancy

i vote for a sinkhole in the moon island or tentapillar since isnt conected to the main cave

It most likey isnt a place holder. The worm hole only happens in older worlds. I'm guessing they cant connect new lands to older lands, so they just use a worn hole in old worlds.

9 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

unknown.png

It works properly and links between the blue shroom forest and the moon shroom forest, I just dunno why they don't link normally and a sign spawns?

I found the wormhole too. But it looks like my world don't have any new biome, even though it's retrofitted. what's wrong with it?

7 minutes ago, AFS Co. said:

I found the wormhole too. But it looks like my world don't have any new biome, even though it's retrofitted. what's wrong with it?

Explore the mushroom biome in the wormhole, it should slowly-blend with the new biome

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Can't the wormhole be replaced with a tentapillar though?

I'd rather it not be. That'd make retrofitted worlds much more annoying to get to the new biomes in, as you'd have to kill a big tentacle on the way in and the way out. A wormhole is the cleanest solution for something like this imo, since you can just jump through and only lose a bit of sanity.

33 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I'd rather it not be. That'd make retrofitted worlds much more annoying to get to the new biomes in, as you'd have to kill a big tentacle on the way in and the way out. A wormhole is the cleanest solution for something like this imo, since you can just jump through and only lose a bit of sanity.

The wormhole drains sanity, I wonder if there a purer-way.
(maybe a proper retrofitting?

54 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Explore the mushroom biome in the wormhole, it should slowly-blend with the new biome

I mean, I can't find it on my map even if I use map reveal cheat, along with crash on using the wormhole. I don't understand.

7 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

It most likey isnt a place holder. The worm hole only happens in older worlds. I'm guessing they cant connect new lands to older lands, so they just use a worn hole in old worlds.

In new worlds is connected to the main cave? I just tried with a save slot that i create when trouble waters was on beta

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

In old worlds is passing a little blue biome that you get there via blue biome worm hole. After jump you find the new mushroom biome mixed with the blue biome and after that the sisifos bridge fill with rocks xD

So, in a regular world, the new area will be in blue biome always?

Hope this clears things up for you. :)

20201016130232_1.thumb.jpg.177916b48a734db04d746da336b1ceee.jpg

9 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I just hope klei can add a way that would attach the biomes so they would spawn just like in new worlds.

You do realize the alternative is not retrofitting the world at all, right?

It’s weird, but it’s the best they can do. Klei has never been able to make a new landmass retrofit seamlessly. It has its flaws, but you would otherwise be forced to create a new world compared to a bit of an odd transition to the content.

I can say it’s not as good compared to actual generated worlds, but it not being able to connect to the mainland for retrofitting is not really a concern for me.

1 minute ago, Maxil20 said:
Spoiler

You do realize the alternative is not retrofitting the world at all, right?

It’s weird, but it’s the best they can do. Klei has never been able to make a new landmass retrofit seamlessly. It has its flaws, but you would otherwise be forced to create a new world compared to a bit of an odd transition to the content.

I can say it’s not as good compared to actual generated worlds, but it not being able to connect to the mainland for retrofitting is not really a concern for me.

Yes I do, it's just that I want seamless transition.

I have experimented with world files and...

it's possible to regenerate caves...

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

it's possible to regenerate caves...

I'd prefer the wormhole, thank you. Do you have any idea what this would do to people with large cave bases? It'll wipe them out. To add insult to injury there, think of the people who don't follow the forums and have no idea that the update will completely regenerate out their caves? All the stuff they could lose.

47 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

I'd prefer the wormhole, thank you. Do you have any idea what this would do to people with large cave bases? It'll wipe them out. To add insult to injury there, think of the people who don't follow the forums and have no idea that the update will completely regenerate out their caves? All the stuff they could lose.

I do not know how Klei does things- but if the content of this new update is intended for more experienced players- Then they made a good choice in NOT forcing that content into the already existing biomes of the game.. Linking the world ViA Wormhole might actually be a good thing-

and suspect that the sign beside the wormhole will read as something like “Harder Content, Enter at your own Risk”

New content being added to existing worlds have clearly never been the way Klei intended that content to be experienced anyway.. it’s better to just create a new world so all your biomes generate correctly- and NOW that You have unlimited save slots.... that really shouldn’t be a problem.

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I do not know how Klei does things- but if the content of this new update is intended for more experienced players- Then they made a good choice in NOT forcing that content into the already existing biomes of the game.. Linking the world ViA Wormhole might actually be a good thing-

and suspect that the sign beside the wormhole will read as something like “Harder Content, Enter at your own Risk”

New content being added to existing worlds have clearly never been the way Klei intended that content to be experienced anyway.. it’s better to just create a new world so all your biomes generate correctly- and NOW that You have unlimited save slots.... that really shouldn’t be a problem.

did you read his comment? he doesnt want to lose a XXXX days world

Archived