Enraged Klaus Drops & Permanent light

Hey Klei and people who actualy will read this!

I have a new suggestion which will make gameplay beter :) Many people has been asking for beter enraged klaus drops and permanent light source and I have a solution for this! Killing Enraged Klaus, he will drop a random blueprint for festive light bolbs. For red, green and blue color you will need < 2x spores (red,green or blue) 2x electric doodads and 2x desert stones. This will also make desert stones useful, because nobody uses them, especialy solo players! And ofc to craft white bulb, you will need 2x doodads , 2x desert stones and 2x light bolbs. I hope you will like this suggestion and one day add in game because to get permanent light you only have to play when winter feast event is active or with mod which activates special events from every year :)

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

I would rather the glowcaps and mushcaps we get from toadstool not spoil items inside of them, and thus infinite light. No need for another bosses drop to get infinite light.

I think that would be way too strong, they already last like an entire season as is, whereas giving enraged klaus an actual purpose is nice and being able to get the winters feast lights outside of the event would be great. I'd probably rather some other niche way for them to drop like Deerclops having an incremental chance to drop one festive globe as your world gets older but thats just cause I hate enraged Klaus =(

22 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I think that would be way too strong, they already last like an entire season as is, whereas giving enraged klaus an actual purpose is nice and being able to get the winters feast lights outside of the event would be great. I'd probably rather some other niche way for them to drop like Deerclops having an incremental chance to drop one festive globe as your world gets older but thats just cause I hate enraged Klaus =(

I don't know about you chief but darkness isnt exactly much of a challenge late game anyhow. Toadstool is a fairly tough boss and I think it's fair to have him drop infinite light when darkness isnt much of a challenge anyways.

Not to mention the mushcaps and glowcaps cost a shroom skin, meaning one toadstool kill will only really get you 4 mushcaps/glowcaps. I think it's fair.

About infinite light, I even think that either pumpkin lantern should have infinite light or have it mixed with something else to emit infinite light. the light radius on the pumpkins have little function outside of keeping you from not dying in the night and since they can be struck to death, a hound could bite it and you explode. Not great for fighting either.

You also lose a precious firefly. under normal circumstances, you only get 3 more a year. It's never worth it for me to decorate with them because they last for just a few days and then boom, my area is ugly.

if inf light or rather inf dura is offered by pumpkin lantern, have them be a little stronger than raw fireflies and let them fade when you're too close to them

6 hours ago, Hornete said:

I don't know about you chief but darkness isnt exactly much of a challenge late game anyhow. Toadstool is a fairly tough boss and I think it's fair to have him drop infinite light when darkness isnt much of a challenge anyways.

Not to mention the mushcaps and glowcaps cost a shroom skin, meaning one toadstool kill will only really get you 4 mushcaps/glowcaps. I think it's fair.

Oh I definitely agree that darkness isnt a challenge, idk something about proper permanent light that isn't really rare or hard to obtain just seems a bit cheap to me *shrug*

17 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

yeah, fresh spores last for 60 days :) Never killed enraged klaus before aswell because there are no beter drops, but if he drop good loot I think it still be easy as wolfgang and warly's damage buff :)

21 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

idk something about proper permanent light that isn't really rare or hard to obtain just seems a bit cheap to me *shrug*

Keep in mind that in order to even get a bunch of mushlights for lighting needs, you either need to kill toadstool a bunch of times, intentionally flee toadstool once you get a shroom skin a bunch of times, or kill misery toadstool and have green gems to spare to dupe shroom skins to make a bunch of lights. 

It's already really costly to get a huge amount going, not to mention they are flammable and lanterns/miner hats will usually require less upkeep for their use and are portable.

Archived