Pokéshell made easy

On 10/31/2020 at 6:53 PM, Neotuck said:

If the goal is lime then why feed them at all?  You only get sand as a byproduct 

Sweepy can work alongside pokeshells even when protecting their eggs, just dump all the wild pokeshells on the map into one location and let Sweepy collect the molts, egg shells, and meat

20201031194018_1.thumb.jpg.ae86c229adc3a010d7877895e17957aa.jpg

I don't know what the max range of a Sweepy is but this "molt farm" is 52 tiles long and Sweepy can cover the whole floor

poke.thumb.png.d4d301c418e5127abfc8096f3fcb61d7.png

I usually do an extreme version of this, just make it a 4 deep, 2/3 wide farm that's open to the outside. Sweeper up top, chute in a place where the sweeper/dupes can't pick up the eggs. A little meat, and then a decent chunk of lime over time.

Thanks for the screenshot, and good idea.

21 hours ago, Neotuck said:

That doesn't work on wild pokeshells

You asked "If the goal is lime then why feed them at all?"

If the goal is lime you need them to not be wild so they lay eggs faster so there's more of them so there's more lime.

1 minute ago, Tsabo said:

You asked "If the goal is lime then why feed them at all?"

If the goal is lime you need them to not be wild so they lay eggs faster so there's more of them so there's more lime.

@Yunru started this thread about wild pokeshells, if you want to talk about taming them you are welcome to start your own thread

most players don't like to tame pokeshells at risk of their dupes being attacked

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

most players don't like to tame pokeshells at risk of their dupes being attacked

Most players know how to set autosweepers for critter eggs, so I am afraid I must disagree.

Wild farming (for plants or critters) is niche minmaxing play.

I say this not to criticize it, merely to make the point that I think your argument about the popularity of the strategy is mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Tsabo said:

I say this not to criticize it, merely to make the point that I think your argument about the popularity of the strategy is mistaken.

I will concede to the point that there is no poll that shows preference, but remember this thread was started about wild pokeshells so I was trying to stay on topic

Just now, Neotuck said:

I will concede to the point that there is no poll that shows preference, but remember this thread was started about wild pokeshells so I was trying to stay on topic

The title of the thread is Pokeshell made easy.

I think that tamed is easier than wild. And I can prove it mathematically if one's objective is lime production.

Perhaps you disagree, and thence the nice discussion we're having.

All is as it should be.

7 minutes ago, Tsabo said:

I think that tamed is easier than wild. And I can prove it mathematically if one's objective is lime production.

Perhaps you disagree

At what point did I say tamed pokedshells produce less lime than wild ones?

10422135_441606889371432_2029188394556225946_n.thumb.jpg.6d1d87de503f04acc22774f34e4d8bf1.jpg

Wild pokeshells don't provide a significant amount of lime. The most I got in a map was about 50 of them and they produce lime for 1 or 2 batches of steel per cycle, tops. Given that one refinery can run 10-12 batches easily, that's 10% of what's needed, for just one refinery.

I usually do this:
https://imgur.com/a/SmlZPHB

It's basicly free, the dispenser is set to pinch roe, high prio, dups go grab eggs as soon as they become reachable, anywhere on the map. Eventually all wild pokeshells end up in there. The sweeper removes everything. I left water in by mistake (or laziness) but it might be useful one day if I decide to dump polluted dirt in there.

Once they are all in there, no labor is required other that grabbing the molts and that could be automated. That said, I don't expect much from it.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:53 PM, Neotuck said:

Sweepy can work alongside pokeshells even when protecting their eggs, just dump all the wild pokeshells on the map into one location and let Sweepy collect the molts, egg shells, and meat

What meat?  Pokeshells don't drop meat.

Its fun to get in to a bit of Poekshell farming - My humble beginnings.

image.thumb.png.e72a624ad9d80a74d09bd397c6ef8950.pngimage.thumb.png.e39d64eeb0e5468d94807bdc47e9ab2d.png

"All of this is making me eggy."

image.png.ed60cf8a80d83de2d7857efc171ccf67.pngimage.png.8c1c981cf2526eb66e509b90a496fe75.pngimage.png.044117d3b0830789312a8d8c0131cea4.png

"i have translatorted you, you poekshell !"

It would be so great if I could offer another ONi player 100 tons of gold, via ingame diplomacy/trade, for the order delivery of 100 poekshells. The player then could send a space shuttle ( USS Kerbinator ) to my ( unprepared ) base. The poekshells will start to lays legs in my colony everywhere and I can then fight the battle of preventing that angry Poek`s munch up all my dupes.

That would be the legendary Battle-of-the-Poek`s-in-the-Cecil-Hotel

In a perfect world there is also spreading fires in the game, so the players sent shuttle "USS Kerbinator" will not land in my base. Due to his cost cutting and saving of monies for decent spacecraft electronics, the other player looses his sent shuttle and it crashes in to my base. That would be the perfect beginning of the fire poek battle emergency in my base.

Even better - USS Kerbinator crashes in to my reactor and the 100 poeks are also all radiated as they jump out of the shuttle wreck + laying radiation eggs everywhere + colony power loss and overheat + the mass fire consuming all oxygen. That would give me the immersion of being in the Alien movie.

Diplomacy, trade exchange and fire would add so much for players to the game :p

Archived