Am I making the wrong assumption?

Normally, as soon as I have enough tradeable duplicates I toss them into the Trade Inn to get a higher quality item. But for the past month I've been saving all my drops until Hallowed Nights 2020 so that I can potentially get Halloween skins instead of normal ones in a mass trade in. Is there to truth to my assumption that Halloween skins will be in the Trade Inn's trading pool or am I hoarding unnecessarily?

I hope that the Hallowed Nights will start on the 13th... that would be hilariously appropriate- but it probably won’t.. I’ve been saving up my skins to trade to curio collector too- I may not get anything worthwhile but I can always unravel what I trade in for higher spools then the 9 Brown Loafers I put in was worth.

2 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Normally, as soon as I have enough tradeable duplicates I toss them into the Trade Inn to get a higher quality item. But for the past month I've been saving all my drops until Hallowed Nights 2020 so that I can potentially get Halloween skins instead of normal ones in a mass trade in. Is there to truth to my assumption that Halloween skins will be in the Trade Inn's trading pool or am I hoarding unnecessarily?

Don't think its worth it, unravel and weave

In the last years there was a chance to get hallowed night skins from the trading inn, even for common items (tho less likely ofc), and I think this was true last year as well, unlike @Zeklo said .I might confuse all these years, since this will be my fifth Hallowed Night now, but I'm 99% sure last year's event was the same as the previous ones, regarding the trade inn, because I got two elegant drops last year from trading.

Also, during Hallowed Nights (and Winter's Feast) there's a higher chance to get better skins from your traded ones, so actually I'd advise trading during these events. At least this was the case in the last years consistently, and I don't see why Klei would change that this year.

5 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Is there to truth to my assumption that Halloween skins will be in the Trade Inn's trading pool or am I hoarding unnecessarily?

Even if there are no special skins and higher chances in the trade inn, you don't lose anything by waiting for the event, you won't get worse chances/drops ;) If you don't mind waiting of course.

4 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

Can you get weavable items from that? It seems like sch a lackluster feature that I always just unravel stuff.

No, you can only trade in marketable skins and get only such back. 

The trade inn originates from way before weavable skins were introduced, it was the fastest and easiest way to get rid of tons of unwanted skins. 

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

In the last years there was a chance to get hallowed night skins from the trading inn, even for common items (tho less likely ofc), and I think this was true last year as well, unlike @Zeklo said .I might confuse all these years, since this will be my fifth Hallowed Night now, but I'm 99% sure last year's event was the same as the previous ones, regarding the trade inn, because I got two elegant drops last year from trading.

Also, during Hallowed Nights (and Winter's Feast) there's a higher chance to get better skins from your traded ones, so actually I'd advise trading during these events. At least this was the case in the last years consistently, and I don't see why Klei would change that this year.

All the years are kind of melding together, but if I'm remembering correctly—the max drop rate used to be four. Plain and simple.

However, Klei wound up raising this cap to 8, and then introduced daily drops. As a result of this huge boost in available drops, they chose to no longer keep the inflated drop rate of seasonal items via trade inn. As far as I recall, this was never undone.

8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

If I'm remembering correctly, last year didn't boost the event skin chances for the trade inn (unlike previous years). If this is accurate then it's probably not worth it.

I did the trade inn last year and the drop chances were higher as usual. Here's what I got 

Przechwytywanie.PNG.18e4463c5a7efb5f12f280b6bedb4342.PNG

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

All the years are kind of melding together, but if I'm remembering correctly—the max drop rate used to be four. Plain and simple.

However, Klei wound up raising this cap to 8, and then introduced daily drops. As a result of this huge boost in available drops, they chose to no longer keep the inflated drop rate of seasonal items via trade inn. As far as I recall, this was never undone.

I looked back this thread from last year: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/112952-will-hallowed-nights-have-better-trade-inn-drops/

Thanks to Thalkas, who pointed out the part from the announcement: "We also have some new skins that have been added to the Hallowed Nights collection and we will also be increasing the drop rarity for skins during Hallowed Nights." (see here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/112811-hallowed-nights-and-wurt-available-october-24th-and-more/#comments )

So I guess that means we did have better drop rates.

Fun fact: 

Spoiler

JoeW posted this on the event's planned begin date. He always had a good sense of humor, eh? :D

image.png.883d03c09a686ff6ba86f3be31941620.png

11 hours ago, Whisperlisc said:

I did the trade inn last year and the drop chances were higher as usual. Here's what I got 

This was all spiffies. It used to be drastically worth it to pile up commons but for whatever reason that didn't pull through last year like others. I thought there was something officially said but I guess I was mistaken.

9 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I looked back this thread from last year: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/112952-will-hallowed-nights-have-better-trade-inn-drops/

Thanks to Thalkas, who pointed out the part from the announcement: "We also have some new skins that have been added to the Hallowed Nights collection and we will also be increasing the drop rarity for skins during Hallowed Nights." (see here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/112811-hallowed-nights-and-wurt-available-october-24th-and-more/#comments )

So I guess that means we did have better drop rates.

Fun fact: 

Reveal hidden contents

JoeW posted this on the event's planned begin date. He always had a good sense of humor, eh? :D

image.png.883d03c09a686ff6ba86f3be31941620.png

The purpose of the thread was asking if that extended to trade inn, and apart from outliers like Whisper, it [seemed] that the general consensus was that the rates were much worse. It's possible it was a coincidence, but I still wouldn't recommend it-and I especially wouldn't recommend bulk purchasing commons like prior years.

Archived