Klei Should Share Big Events as DLC

I'm not sure how much active players DST have but if it's big, klei should do that thing I said in title. Here is the detals...
 The events like "Halloween", "Christmast", "Year of Animals etc." should stay free of course. They are little touches for vanilla game. The thing I say is other events like Gorge and Forge. Klei should sell that kind minigames for players bored from vanilla and try something new. Minigames could be free to play for special days like how hallowen skins works.

This would be a great and fair money source for Klei. I know klei is too generous to sell it (:love_heart:), so they just could make it "sewnable" if they don't want to force their players to buy something. But I would buy it for sure.

2 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Klei has said that the forge/gorge haven’t been profitable, so that’s why they haven’t come back.

No. They said it needed attention of whole team. According to wikipedia they have only 35 people and some other games in development (dlc for Oxygen Not Inluded, Griftlands) and it would keep them too busy for updating DST. 

4 minutes ago, Notecja said:

According to wikipedia they have only 35 people and some other games in development (dlc for Oxygen Not Inluded, Griftlands) and

The last time the number of employees on Wikipedia updated was back in 2013. I think they have a lot more than 35 people now.

I would be interested in knowing how many people work at klei now hehe.

3 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Klei has said that the forge/gorge haven’t been profitable, so that’s why they haven’t come back.

Just now, Notecja said:

No. They said it needed attention of whole team. According to wikipedia they have only 35 people and some other games in development (dlc for Oxygen Not Inluded, Griftlands) and it would keep them too busy for updating DST. 

As I remember Forge was pretty popular. Also even now they have active players. But the main problem was complex system of this minigames. You could understand how Forge works (Not totally, last day I play it I saw light stuffs and didn't get what they are) but gorge was really strange. It's have more complexity than Hamlet have. Klei just should add a little "tour" for new players, so they can understand how it works. I think that's why it's didnt get interest, at least for my friends.

Yeah, they just handle few game in now and it's can be hard a bit. But I just think minigame system would make game more playable. Also here a idea for haloween.

Players should start in a middle of a city. When countdown starts players should collect candies as they can and there should be pigs in costumes around which scares you (with a little jumpscare maybe) and lows your sanity. When sanity get zero player should die and get start from beggining. Player should balance their sanity with eating candy but saving candy enough for winning. The streets with broken lamps should have more valuable candies but darkness should drain sanity and pigs would be invisible in darkness. It's would be superfunny.

I respectfully disagree. 

Ignoring how hard it may or may not be for the Devs to implement something like this, DLCs for a multiplayer game are always iffy. Most people won't purchase it, and the ones that do are limited because you can only use the multiplayer features with players who have the same DLCs.

Moreover, DLCs take away from the games main purpose, something that Klei has said they don't want to do. Having a whole bunch of extra mini games distracts from the main survival goal. Klei did something like this once before, where they added quests to DST, but players focused so much on completing the quests, that they ignored the main goal. So Klei removed the quests. It's similar with any DLCs they might add. 

Also, and I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me (and I'm not calling anyone out, just stating my opinion), people need to stop asking for the Forge and Gorge to come back, or for another event like that. Klei has said straight up that they aren't making anymore. They've given multiple reasons for this. If you want the Forge or Gorge or something similar, get a mod if you're on Steam, accept that it's not going to happen.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, SnowdropPax said:

Moreover, DLCs take away from the games main purpose, something that Klei has said they don't want to do.

I really didn't looked it in that way. That's kinda right.

Spoiler
50 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Here's JoeW's post about the topic of events, from a recent thread. Worth reading to understand the devs' perspective on the Forge and Gorge.

Oh didn't see it. Now it's clear and they are mostly right.

To be honest- I would rather they find a way to allow me to play the dlcs I have already bought with my friends- rather then having to neglect my friends and play DS Single Player- finally after all these years Xbox got Hamlets but I have very low playtime in Hamlet due to it not having multiplayer, since Xbox never actually got to play the Gorge and Forge I’m not missing out on anything if they never return... but what I AM missing out on is enjoying the dlc I literally just bought a few months ago- because that DLC has no compatibility with the Multiplayer version of the game.

Dont even mention Mods.. because console players can’t use them.

This is the #1 broken record thing I campaign the hardest for to happen with DST.. I simply want to be able to enjoy the content I’ve already purchased without having to choose between neglecting to play with my friends to play the DLC I bought, Or Not enjoying the DLC because I would rather play DST with my friends.

Its not like I’m asking for the end of the world here guys... but before Klei invests all their time and development costs into returning gorge or forge to DST for a new season- I would MUCH rather be able to enjoy the dlcs I paid money for with a friend

Archived