Lore opinions from a Maxwell player for the future rework.

Greetings, i don't know if any developer is going to read or consider this but as a Maxwell player i would like to share my future expectations. So far Klei was doing amazing job on character reworks but i'm mostly excited for future Maxwell's rework. I've seen people sharing their opinions about how his gameplay could be improved. I don't want to repeat what has been already said. I want to talk about his lore rather then his gameplay. As a fan of Don't Starve's lore  i love Maxwell's backstory, very well written. But for future i would really like to see his character development. How is he doing among others as a survivor, does he still gets his way using his charisma, does he want to redeem himself somehow, does he care for his niece, Wendy? I don't know the answers of this questions because Maxwell usually doesn't appear in new animations. Except Wigfrid's animation but i'm guessing that the animation of Wigfrid's rework takes place when Maxwell was still on the nightmare throne. I'm hoping that in the future rework we don't see throne related things. I don't wan't my favorite character's lore to stuck in the past. Those were my own expectations from the future rework, what are your opinions and expectations? Feel free to share with me! Thank you for reading.

6 hours ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

Given that William has more known lore than any other playable character, i agree with this. I would love to see an animation that takes place during a time where (at least some of) the survivors are already in the constant. Maxwell would be the perfect chance to do something like that 

Maybe it could take place during the train incident

On 10/11/2020 at 3:43 AM, chirsg said:

I wouldn't bet on getting your dream rework. I put out a poll before the wigfrid rework went live and an overwhelming majority wanted new weapon and armor crafts for her. 

Spare yourself and keep your expectations low.

Wigfrid update was strange bc we didn't even know whe was a singer before it. Would I like it if I know it, no probably. I just hope they don't kill the Maxwell.

And about Woodie, they make just turned Woodie into a new character. He is nice but not Woodie anymore.

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wasnt strange, we know since she was release that she isnt a viking but an actress playing that role over her sanity

edit: opera actress i mean

Well, we didn't know the opera part I think.

Though that was heavily hinted with She Sells Sea Shells, where Wigfrid was the only character who could distinguish the notes each Singing Shell was tuned to.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

That one.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Though that was heavily hinted with She Sells Sea Shells, where Wigfrid was the only character who could distinguish the notes each Singing Shell was tuned to.

Uhmm, that's a bit hard to realize. I mean I didn't ever take a shell in game 

28 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

23 minutes ago, Slagger said:

That one.

Uhmm, that's a bit hard to realize. I mean I didn't ever take a shell in game 

she is dressed as viking, was implicit xD

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is about being an opera actress. There is 2 opera singer stereotypes, 1 dressed with elegant clothes and the other is dressed as viking

she is not a viking tho

She don't have to be a singer to wear like wiking. I mean she could be a theatre or movie actor. 

13 hours ago, Slagger said:

I just hope they don't kill the Maxwell.

I don't think they killed wigfrid for the record, but as someone who plays wigfrid 99% of the time, It wasn't one I expected given my ideas for her to boost the team outside of circumstances that weren't just boss fights.

I don't know what they'll do for maxwell and I can't predict what they'll do with him because what a majority of players who voiced their opinions of what they wanted and expected out of the wigfrid update, they got it entirely wrong. 

It's safe to guess it will be the case with maxwell. The thing with maxwell is there is a lot more to play around with when it comes to his character more than almost anyone else's. They can make him more in tune with shadows, the ancients, give him a larger combat niche while dropping the chores aspect of his existence which may work out, but then you piss off the gofers who actually like to do chores.

Maxwell is perhaps the hardest character to rework. Fingers crossed they don't kill him, I don't expect him to die, wigfrid's update didn't kill her, but I won't say I wasn't disappointed

2/3 of Maxwell will be mostly the same, except the shadow Maxwells

* doesn't start with Nightmare Fuel or Codex Umbra

* passive sanity gain (6.67) & 75 hp

+ nightmare fuel cost 2 instead of 4 dark petals (Maxwell only)

+ knows all tier 1 magic

+ loses shadow chopper but shadow duelist is stronger

Archived