PS4 Hamlet

13 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Same issue here really. Started in Hamlet, built skyworthy, went to Shipwrecked, played for 20 days, built a new skyworthy in my Shipwrecked base, tried to travel back to Hamlet world, blue screen crash, reload, and I'm in a new Hamlet world with the items I came over with. 

I thought I messed something up,  but asking on different forums it seems like it was a legit bug.

World hopping was the only thing I was looking forward to so I'll probably put single player down again until this is fixed. 

I don't know how to send in the bug report for that specific problem that we are having, but if anybody does a cheer appreciate it if they could send it to Klei so they can fix it, I basically don't even want to play anymore because of this problem, and don't starve is one of my favorite games.

Well they came out with the hotfix which fixed most of the problems with wanting to set up a world the way you want it but I kept having my game crash on me every time I use the skyworthy so I deleted that save file and started it whole new game oh, I started on RoG with Hamlet on and made another base, used skyworthy to go to Shipwrecked, got a few things, used the seaworthy that was there out of curiosity, it worked and sent me to my RoG save then I used my skyworthy to go back and it just simply made a whole new map with the settings I had previously saved, so I made another base in shipwrecked and this time found/made the Skyworthy and tried to use it to go back to my RoG save and blue screen crash.... I even tried hammering the seaworthy thinking it could just be confusing them together, still got a blue screen crash. No LUA errors or anything just straight up PS4 blue screen of death every dann time I try to traverse between worlds... It's killing my live for this game.

Well I've been getting myself established In RoG preparing to jump worlds, but reading all this I'm just going to put the game down and come back to it when they fix it. VERY frustrating to wait so long to get it after the other consoles, and now have to wait even longer to be able to play it. </3

Well, even without linking your worlds up this is still a game breaking bug. Going down into the caves and coming back up to the surface seems to be enough to trigger it. It doesn't crash my game but when I try to return to the surface it just generates a brand new world. So I'm stranded in the cave until this can be patched now.

22 minutes ago, keats95 said:

Well, even without linking your worlds up this is still a game breaking bug. Going down into the caves and coming back up to the surface seems to be enough to trigger it. It doesn't crash my game but when I try to return to the surface it just generates a brand new world. So I'm stranded in the cave until this can be patched now.

Yup , exact same thing happened to me. I just gave up though . Thinking of starting a new game and staying just on the surface till fixed. Frustrating though .

19 hours ago, themightyone said:

Yup , exact same thing happened to me. I just gave up though . Thinking of starting a new game and staying just on the surface till fixed. Frustrating though .

Not quite the same but I'm getting something similar. I hopped from Hamlet to Shipwrecked and found the volcano. Did some looting, left, and closed app for the day. When I got on the following day and went back to the volcano it generated a new one. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work, but I'm definitely abusing it to get loads of volcano loot in the mean time. 

They really need to hurry up with this hotfix to fix the world hopping crash bug because I love this game very much but that bug basically destroys gameplay, if I can't go back to my bases and transfer items or get certain things from certain worlds then it makes it such a pain in the ass.

17 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Not quite the same but I'm getting something similar. I hopped from Hamlet to Shipwrecked and found the volcano. Did some looting, left, and closed app for the day. When I got on the following day and went back to the volcano it generated a new one. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work, but I'm definitely abusing it to get loads of volcano loot in the mean time. 

what? how? when i leave the volcano, the outside world also gets generated from scratch and i drown instantly after leaving the volcano xD

I am confused as to why this thread has yet to be moved to the hamlet section of the forums, and aren’t the Dev teams working on Hamlet different from the ones who work DST? 

Klei said on their Twitter that they’re working on a fix, it’s not out just yet but at least that’s confirmation that they’re actively looking into fixing it.. just be patient :) 

On 10/20/2020 at 11:01 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I am confused as to why this thread has yet to be moved to the hamlet section of the forums, and aren’t the Dev teams working on Hamlet different from the ones who work DST? 

Klei said on their Twitter that they’re working on a fix, it’s not out just yet but at least that’s confirmation that they’re actively looking into fixing it.. just be patient :) 

Oh I am trying to, trust me on that. I'm having Don't Starve withdrawals LOL. I want to get back into my damn Don't Starve World,  but by the time I go to Hamlet it's already going to be the Aporcalypse, because I've been just waiting in Shipwrecked until they add the new hotfix so I can go to old worlds.... it's killing me waiting, I keep checking for updates like twice a day.

2 hours ago, Pebrot said:

last update solved this right?

So I just tried to use my skyworthy to go back to my Reign of Giants World it crashed on my PS4 to the blue screen again oh, so just out of curiosity I went and used the seaworthy at its spawn location in Shipwrecked and it worked finally oh, I was able to get back to my Reign of Giants World and whenever I use the skyworthy to try to go to Shipwrecked it would crash with a blue screen so I went and built a seaworthy just to see if I could use it to go back to Shipwrecked and I just did it and it crashed and blue screen again oh, I sent in to bug requests with extremely detailed reports with pictures, so hopefully they'll be able to fix it this time. Something's wrong with the skyworthy it's glitched in some way shape or form

1604049177577961052767.jpg

Sigh.... still no update, and it's been over a month and a half since it has been released on PlayStation 4. I even sent in via the bug tracker the entirety of using the sky Worthy and having a PlayStation 4 crash with the blue screen error message and I sent pictures and everything is so far still no update , it's driving me nuts, I have so much stuff on the survival world that I need to transfer to my Shipwrecked world so that I can come back to survival and reset the day count and change my character from Wigfrid to WX... basically all I'm doing now is bundling up a crap ton of materials I have so much stuff it's insane , it's getting to be in the thousands now

It took Klei roughly a month or two to fix the bug with DST exclusive to Xbox One with the Tragic Torch skin that was causing people’s actual Xbox Consoles to freeze up & power itself off-

Im sure whatever is going on with Hamlet for PS4 will be fixed but it might take some time. Just be a little more patient- or do like I did till the torch skin fix & play something else.. I actually went back & revisited some old games I hadn’t played in awhile during that & it felt fixed in no time that way. :) 

On 11/4/2020 at 7:07 AM, Mike23Ua said:

It took Klei roughly a month or two to fix the bug with DST exclusive to Xbox One with the Tragic Torch skin that was causing people’s actual Xbox Consoles to freeze up & power itself off-

Im sure whatever is going on with Hamlet for PS4 will be fixed but it might take some time. Just be a little more patient- or do like I did till the torch skin fix & play something else.. I actually went back & revisited some old games I hadn’t played in awhile during that & it felt fixed in no time that way. :) 

Problem is, they update Don't Starve Together almost every other week. It's the regular Don't Starve standalone for PlayStation 4 it takes them forever to get an update they ended up doing two updates so far but it still did not solve the PlayStation 4 client game crash with the blue screen error message I've sent in many bug fix requests with all of the info they need but I still have a feeling that they're just not going to get it done. Their main focus is on the other games that they're making money on mostly Don't Starve Together, Among Us, and oxygen not included, Etc. I just hope that they can get it fixed because I would really love to get back into this world that I have set up completely ready take all of my stuff and put it on a different world so I can reset my day count because it is way too high to go to Hamlet now, but once I can reset it I can change my character and then everything will be perfect if I can just be able to use the sky worthy to go back and forth my existing worlds without any crashing. My birthday is in a few days I was hoping to try to get a PlayStation 5 when they come out but that's looking to be a long shot so hopefully they can get this done sometime within the next month or two and I'll call that my birthday present.

So I got to be able to talk to an actual representative/developer from Klei about this issue unexplained every single detail of what was happening, and it is still happening, I'm trying to get videos sent to them of it happening but hopefully now they have what they need to get this exact problem fixed. I personally think it has something to do with having a seaworthy and a sky worthy in the game coding and if somehow mixes them up in that jumble makes it crash but that's just my guess. I just want to be able to go back and forth from my existing worlds as many times as I want with absolutely no problems, glitches, Lua error, or long loading. I got the PS5 on the 12th as a birthday present to myself and it even crashes on that too so it has something to do with the coding in the game, has nothing to do with the console.

33 minutes ago, Natestarve77 said:

i got the PS5 on the 12th as a birthday present to myself

congrats on your new PS5 i will now report you for being off topic and mentioning the PS5 on the PS4 forum/subforum(im joking btw but i don't how klei are gonna do with the whole ps5 and xbox thing.are they gonna make a new forum/subforum for both of the new consoles?)

Archived