Pig King "Bug"

So while me and someone else we're playing they said the Pig King started talking, at first I thought they were lying until they sent me a screenshot (said screenshot is below). Went to the pk to find that he was right; Pk was talking, even when he was sleepin'. Seemed to do every time the player came near.

unknown.png?width=1120&height=630

Is this intended or is it just a bug? Or is it something that got added under the radar, or is it feature that was added by accident? 

(P.S, Did anyone else encounter this recently?)

(P.S.S As you can Very clearly see Pk wants a [Snack].

This was his server, and I never looked at what he had. There were some mods though, The Leggybird one and the one that lets you wear backpack and Armor at the same time but I don't know the rest.

2 minutes ago, Knowbodie said:

Haven't played recently, but maybe it's hinting something to do with Hallowed nights? By the looks of it, it doesn't seem like any mods are enabled.

I doubt Klei would be dropping hints.

It's probably a mod. But if it isnt then this is pretty intriguing.

Probably is but It's still pretty weird.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Klei loves to drop hints, not sure where you get that they don’t.

I haven’t been playing the game as much as I need to probably.. this could likely be tied to upcoming Halloween event? 

They do drop hints but I don't they drop hints in-game.

By the looks of it, it probably is. Best guess would be that the PK would want a specific item and give something in return.

7 minutes ago, zee_dragon said:

They do drop hints but I don't they drop hints in-game.

By the looks of it, it probably is. Best guess would be that the PK would want a specific item and give something in return.

Ultimately it would depend on how Klei wants to handle the event- I’m seeing some weird stuff happening in other games that could potentially lead up to a Halloween event- For example in Red Dead Online I’ve found destroyed carriages on the side of the road with opened caskets laying on the ground.

Unrelated to DST Red Dead Online stuff in Spoiler- 

Spoiler

Something I do not recall being in the game since launch, these could also simply be remains of a scrapped event that has now been proven impossible due to certain real world complications with Covid-19 BUT.. for what it is Worth here is a picture from LAST YEAR of a random “Thing” I found in Red Dead Online- Sadly no special event ever came from this...

but the very fact that it even exists at all proves that Rockstar was up to “Something”

C2A98F94-0F4E-44E8-AC05-A1C8720A512C.thumb.jpeg.e9d6c63b65520e8d38dcea6ed11b8ab4.jpeg

Now when it comes to DST JoeW said that they didn’t do much to change the event this year and are instead investing all of their focus into the next Return of Them update: Forbidden Knowledge. 

I only hope that the changes they DID make will allow Wortox, Webber and Wurt to participate in the event.

Sounds like something out of the Gorge similar to what Mumsy would say the Gnaw wants ("The Gnaw craves a snack" for example). Just a theory but on the workshop recently there was a Gorge-themed mod pack uploaded, could it be that they downloaded it and it adds lines to Pig King?

25 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

Just to note, brackets, not parentheses.

And [Snack] written like that makes me assume something behind the scenes went wrong. Even if it's a mod, that probably shouldn't be in brackets.

I guess I didn't look close enough, although [Snack] shouldn't be printed like that regardless and afaik Klei usually doesn't use square brackets in their tables.

I guess he tried to make it say like "I want to" .. [Snack] but ended up putting "I want to [Snack]"

I searched for "I want to" anyways just because I realized that you could get that output in different ways and like I said all I found was character inspects in different languages, nothing in pk's file or relating to pk

8 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

That shadow aspect makes me think of the New Boss - Pig King mod.

Hover your mouse-pointer over PK, OP (if your post is legit, and not some softcore trolling), and see if you can attack it.

It would have been my friend whom was trolling if it wasn't legit, at that point I would have been tricked.

But I tried to get ahold of them and they still haven't gotten back on. Had to do a bit of retracing & rethinking, thought back and they had a mod that added foods from Hamlet & SW. (They kept trying to get me to eat gummy slugs, couldn't get him to take the mod off. I'm not a big fan of mods like that.) The problem might be that one but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Edit: Finally got ahold of them; The Foods Pack, Skeleton respawn, extra equip, and that leggybird one.

Archived