[Experimental] - 433612

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

We have some new NPC stuff, and a new boss fight experiment to try out! See if you can defeat... the twins!

GAMEPLAY

• Added death loot for the Oshnu Wranglers
  • Added and hooked up new boon and bane for the Oshnu Wranglers
  • Added a basic behaviour for the twin bosses
  • Added a new experiment to test the twin bosses (including harvested decks)
  • Added death loot for the poor merchant
  • Set up behaviour for the Oshnu Wranglers
  • Added a new event for Smith
  • Fixed bug where side_smith_great_lumin_heist.lua repeated the follow up step infinitely

CARDS

• Fixed incorrect adrenaline gain on lean_green_plus
  • GASEOUS_HERD now shows the tooltip for INFLATED as well
  • POWER_LOSS now triggers a turn later for NPCs so that they get to use the power before it is removed
  • Temporary parasite cards will now hatch. Beware, lest the bog take you!
  • Default parasite hatch functions now pull from ALL defined cards flagged PARASITE.
  • Fixed incorrect target_count on twin_1_punch
  • Fixed bug where destroying multiple auction item arguments in Sal's auction didn't remove/give multiple cards/grafts
  • Tweaked the upgrades for gunlsinger 
  • Stonewall: nil-check delta on MODIFIER_CHANGED handler, which can be nil.

MODDING

• mods can specify a dependency order by specifying load_before/load_after tables. Thanks RageLeague!
  • Default parasite hatch functions are exposed via Content.HatchNegotiationParasite and Content.HatchBattleParasite.
  • Localize mod_option spinner value klname strings.

UI

• Making the progress widget on the New Game screen wider, to accommodate other languages

MISC

• Prevent Rook Day 3 Dead Drop crash by validating Flekfis' core argument before trying to add weaknesses.
  • Prevent out-of-date save data from crashing when viewing Unknown Concoction
  • Added missing title for Buleet

View full update

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 8

Oh, I just realized that there's a bug in the code I wrote.

local function TableContainAlias(check_table, mod_table)
    return check_table and (check_table == (mod_table.alias or mod_table.id) or table.arraycontains(check_table, mod_table.alias or mod_table.id))
end

I made it so that check_table can be a string so that a mod can choose to depend on only one other mod. However, if check_table is not equal to the mod's alias or id, it will run the table.arraycontains function, which will probably crash since a string is not a table. I got extremely lazy and didn't implement proper type checking.

4 hours ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Does this mean you're no longer guaranteed a higher rarity Parasite card upon hatching?

It just means that instead of pulling from a list of parasites defined in a file that defines parasites, it looks for all parasite cards so that modded parasite can also be added. Rarity restrictions still apply, I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Oh ok, it's just a modding thing then.

Yeah, I think this one is just for me. I made a post saying I wanted to make a parasite for the discord's unofficial official  "bogtober", and rageleague explained that something didnt allow me to make new parasites unless I rewrote things that are leaps and bounds above my abysmal paygrade.

Note however, does this means the parasite line will possibly overlap with the base game's parasite or will it be peachy keen?