My suggestion for a Wigfrid Re-Rework.

You guys know how I heavily criticized this refresh, & stated that I wouldn't further criticize it beyond what I’ve already said 

The TL:DR behind all that: I did not like it.

This post however isn’t for criticizing- This is my own opinion of what a Wigfrid rework SHOULD have been..  I Joked a lot about giving her the “Winnie” Side Identity.. but that’s not the route I EXPECTED.

So first lets break down some of what she gained with her rework the “Inspiration meter” that when engaged in combat will rise allowing her to use up to 3 additional “Abilities” except.. those Abilities are in actuality just some song scrolls.

I will list the #1 main thing that needs to change about them: Once you craft them they never downgrade or wear down over time requiring you to go re-collect the ingredients you use in collecting them, UNLIKE Willow or Wendy who will constantly be gathering more of their “Kit” ingredients to keep up and maintain their kits songs become a One and then done A-fair, unlike Woodie who has to build a new mutation idol each time he wants to transform, or Winona who has to keep her generators powered up. Wigfrid is still exactly the same as she was prior to her rework, with only a few song scrolls to read that increase or decrease stats. (Not that that is a bad thing BUT...) Lets compare THAT to Woodie who got both a Faster movement and a better Combat ability.

Wigfrid the Mighty Viking Warrior, gains no new abilities in the form of actual Combat. Is this sounding right to Anyone?

My guess is Klei saw her as good enough “as is” & only wanted to do a small refresh to avoid any drastic changes for a larger update like all the other reworks have so far- But is this what Wigfrid mains really wanted?

Easily my second most played DST character, & as a Secondary Wigfrid main Here is a rough idea of what I was expecting out of her much anticipated Refresh- (I will leave spoiler tags for where these ideas are inspired from for anyone interested in that.)

1-While wearing the Battle Helm & Holding a Battle Spear, And costing 1 Bar of Inspiration Wigfrid gains an instantly useable battle cry that leaves her open for attack for a second, This buffs her allies around her for roughly the same duration as Abigails Petal Bestowment buff, an Ability that doesn’t require getting ingredients for a song scroll to use- and would instantly be noticeable to even the most casual newbie Wigfrid players, To avoid being the most OP thing Ever it would have a Cooldown timer before Wigfrid can “Battle Cry” again.

Spoiler

This Idea is pulled Directly from the Smite God Erlang Shang whose War Cry Buffs nearby Allies while Debuffing the enemies he shouts upon.

2-When wearing the Battle Helm and Battle Spear, And costing 2 bars of Inspiration Meter, Wigfrid can throw her Battle Spear from a distance like a Javelin Projectile that deals Slightly higher damage to the target it hits and to avoid other players picking it up once it is thrown... Wigfrid will instantly call upon the powers of the Unicorn to magically have the “Gods” beam a beam of light down onto the spear returning into her hand.

Spoiler

This second idea comes from Smite God Anhurs ranged attack, where he can throw Javelins that damage and knock his enemy back.. except Wigfrids spear would deal extra damage only.. With NO Knockbacks applied.

3- at full bars of Inspiration Wigfrid unlocks her last Combat Ability, While Wearing the Battle Helm & holding the Battle Spear Wigfrid will stand still for a moment before performing a forward charge that rushes through a crowd of enemies targeting a single target to deal heavy damage to that one target while doing a circular spear sweep knock back attack to the rest of them.

Spoiler

This idea comes from the now obsolete Multiplayer portion of Assassins Creed games for an ability called “Crowd Charge” that let players burst through all the decoy targets to hit the one they were after, and also the obvious combined Moose Charge ability Woodie gained with his Rework where he now plows right through the center of a horde of spiders..

.If you haven’t noticed by now there’s a pattern to my suggestion- each ability requires her to gain the currently implemented Inspiration Meter to use like a Stamina Bar.. But there is a HUGE Catch- She has to be wearing the Helm and holding the Battle Spear to perform these Extra Abilities that can only be use Inspiration therefore- They can not be Used by anyone who Isn’t playing as a Wigfrid.

The Whole entire theme of this Idea I am purposing is to do what I had HOPED her refresh would have focused on in the first place: preventing Wigfrids Helms and Battle Spears from falling out of Favor/usefulness once the player simply ventures into a swamp and gathers the many free Tentacle Spikes in said swamp that outclass the Spear. (Insert whatever better gear you want to Apply here, same situation still applies)

I find it very Disheartening every rework has gained new combat abilities.. but a character whose was designed to be effective in Combat? Gains no new combat abilities.

That’s it, that’s the whole refresh- if these or something similar to these could be squeezed in alongside her Songs, I would feel like Wigfrid is now Perfected.. she gains some actual NEW gameplay content, and Battle Helms/Battle Spears never fall out of Usefulness once you’ve gotten better gear.

If there was anything I would add to this beyond that: I REALLY enjoy the idea of characters having their own unique structure to leave their personal mark in a world-Wendy has the Sisturn, Wurt has Mermstuffs, Winona has Generators & Spotlights, Wigfrid could have a craftable “Weapons Armory” structure that holds her Battle Helms, Battle Spears, Song scrolls, and Armors that you can visually display on.

Thank You if you actually took the time to read this entire post- as a secondary Wigfrid main I didn’t want to suggest ANYTHING that completely breaks her character or becomes stupid OP- I Simply wanted to put a heavier focus on her Helms & Battle Spears so they never fall out of having their use. Embedded with the power of the Unicorn & obviously extremely special to Wigfrid... they needed to be in the Spotlight

(pun 100% fully intended..)

Please leave a ShopCat emote if you think this or something Similar to this would be a good re-rework for Wigfrid & if not.. don’t be shy to explain why.

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wigfrid will instantly call upon the powers of the Unicorn to magically have the “Gods” beam a beam of light down onto the spear returning into her hand

This is will 99.9999999% will not get in. but i love it.

3 hours ago, chirsg said:

This is will 99.9999999% will not get in. but i love it.

Actually That particular part of the idea is a combination of its above description- and uhm well... THIS- 

1D778A83-9D5C-445B-BC06-37FD98E917D0.thumb.jpeg.f1a3433c1dcbb0dbd03588d4879554cd.jpeg

Flip it upside down.. beam it from the top of the screen, turn it yellowish or golden to simulate the gods shining down upon the Battle Spear, let it blink the weapon out of existence and reappear in Wigfrids hand.

(pretty sure someone will mod this in now..) but yeah, I’m glad you like it :) 

3 hours ago, stranger again said:

i highly doubt klei are gonna do a re-rework this big but it would definitely be cool 

would like to know how much damage these abilities would so then people could determine how good they would be but thats ok   

As a Console player- I would honestly have no idea.. because I don’t have DPS numbers popping up off the enemies I hit, or I don’t see enemy health bars dropping.. so Technically.. We have no idea if the Battle Spear is any better then the Regular Spear or the Tentacle Spike outside of: How many hits it takes to kill what your hitting.

So proper Damage stats would be entirely something Klei would have to decide, I am just providing some suggestions for some actual new COMBAT abilities like Woodies Moose Formation Charge..

Targeting the single enemy out of a mob though should probably instantly kill smaller things like Hound, or Spider because it uses the full Inspiration bar and requires you to “Moose Charge” Into the Group.

I guess what I’m saying is when people said Wigfrid was Fine as is and did not NEED much of a Rework- they didn’t ever take into account the epic new abilities other characters received like the Moose Charge ability.. It’s not about how much damage it deals... it’s about having fun new gameplay beyond Stat Scrolls.

how about stop trying to force mechanics from other games into DST? I see you reference other videogames way more than necessary.

scrolls having no durability is balanced with how annoying or late-game the recipes are, aswell as taking up inventory space.

wigfrid did not get new combat items because she doesn't need any.

Putting extra synergy to her spear or helm only means she has even less of a reason to use anything else. No reason to use other gear = boring design.

Your real issue with the update is you don't like poems and singing and instead you wanted her to get shields and cleavers because it's more warrior-esque. Or perhaps you expected combat to be made even easier because you personally have trouble with it.

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

As a Console player- I would honestly have no idea.. because I don’t have DPS numbers popping up off the enemies I hit, or I don’t see enemy health bars dropping.. so Technically.. We have no idea if the Battle Spear is any better then the Regular Spear or the Tentacle Spike outside of: How many hits it takes to kill what your hitting.

So proper Damage stats would be entirely something Klei would have to decide, I am just providing some suggestions for some actual new COMBAT abilities like Woodies Moose Formation Charge..

Targeting the single enemy out of a mob though should probably instantly kill smaller things like Hound, or Spider because it uses the full Inspiration bar and requires you to “Moose Charge” Into the Group.

I guess what I’m saying is when people said Wigfrid was Fine as is and did not NEED much of a Rework- they didn’t ever take into account the epic new abilities other characters received like the Moose Charge ability.. It’s not about how much damage it deals... it’s about having fun new gameplay beyond Stat Scrolls.

yeah i would definitely like something that spices up wigfrid as much as woodie with his totems (dont get me wrong the songs do spice up gameplay but not as much as a whole new transformation)

i just asked about the dps because the abilities could be too overpowered or too weak 

19 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Putting extra synergy to her spear or helm only means she has even less of a reason to use anything else. No reason to use other gear = boring design.

im pretty sure they wanted the synergy so then people could use battle spears and battle helms  in late game me personally i either fight bosses with a ham bat or a dark sword as wigfrid because they are better than battle spears but  adding the synergys could give people more reason to use wigfrids battle spears and helms in the late game

also the OP wrote saying 

On 9/27/2020 at 1:44 PM, Mike23Ua said:

This post however isn’t for criticizing- This is my own opinion of what a Wigfrid rework SHOULD have been..  

so I highly doubt they actually think that klei are gonna add this and its just their opinion on what they wanted. your reply sounded a bit harsh for no reason other than you dont agree so umm... i dont really know where to go from here...maybe just kindly disagree with their opinion?

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

isnt that hard to count the hits needed to kill a spider -.- i guess you just wanted to talk about consoles having no access to mods (as always)

Archived