That Rework Was A Test!

Hello everyone. You guys know me from my stupid un-real theories and details :ugeek:
In my last theory, I told the rework was not about wigfrid, bc the roomstyle didn't fit her. And of course I was wrong.
But this post is not about that, it's about rework. Most of players didn't like the new update and they are totaly right. But i think that update was a prank. Here is my evidences...

1) The update was bad
2) Wigfrid still dont have item collection menu special animation. As I know, they get one after rework.
image.thumb.png.dfb6630c296fac21bd8f151cc0cf6ff4.png 

3) Uhmm that was all... Thanks for reading.

Her special animation is to take a stage performance bow.

The update is complex, more complex then it needs to be.. but I bet Klei will fix it, inspiration doesn’t last long enough to actually use any songs outside of boss fights.... so that’s one thing it needs fixed.

Theres some other stuff I’m nitpicking at, like no ability to throw her spear like a Javelin, Dodge out of the way of enemy attacks etc.. basically all the stuff you see her doing in her Animated short- That she doesn’t do in-game.

The Songs themselves would be alright- I guess if they didn’t require such hard to obtain and slightly obscure ingredients (she should’ve had one song that’s mostly useless that boosts team damage or speed for 3 seconds that she could use by default without needing ingredients..)

Reason I say this is because for a newer player they ain’t gonna be able to craft the songs at all (they were admit-ably a bit confusing for me as well and I’ve played DS/DST for a long time..) So to THEM her Rework is going to feel completely unchanged with no new content- and that makes me feel sad..

Dont get me wrong, I love the update- I just sort of wish for a few minor tweaks & improvements to make her a tad less complicated for newer players, a tad more unique with Fighting Capabilities, and probably the one thing I want to nitpick the most-

She did not get a unique Wigfrid exclusive craftable structure, similar to Sisturn but something uhh Viking/Valkyrie themed. :( 

10 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

The overall idea and concept of the rework is actually nice but I can't get over the art style from the animated short. It doesn't feel like Don't Starve, at all.

I think it was a reference to Griftlands with the color scheme and character design so probably they asked the Griftland animators from that game to help out, though with all honesty I kind of agree it didn't feel right. Mostly my problem is the color of the sky definitely not viting a viking scenario and the snake monster, I feel like it would've been better to fight a more human like monster perhaps. The animation is still beautiful aswell, seeing early maxwell in it aswell!

6 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

I think it was a reference to Griftlands with the color scheme and character design so probably they asked the Griftland animators from that game to help out, though with all honesty I kind of agree it didn't feel right. Mostly my problem is the color of the sky definitely not viting a viking scenario and the snake monster, I feel like it would've been better to fight a more human like monster perhaps. The animation is still beautiful aswell, seeing early maxwell in it aswell!

I mean, the manor scenes and part and atmosphere was spot on. More of that, please. <3 Indeed, the color scheme didn't feel right, although there is nothing wrong with using colors like that in itself. In Warly's animation the use of vivid colors was very effectual. In Wigfrid's animation the whole 3D perspective made me scratch my head. It hardly belongs in Don't Starve. Yup, the monster also didn't make much sense, although I am not very familiar with Die Walküre.

Archived