New experiments I'd love to see for Hallowed Nights

New experiments I'd love to see added to the Mad Scientist lab for Hallowed Nights

• experiment that is a cure for disease
    • could possibly use guano in its crafting recipe? 
  • experiment that allows us to change the appearance of-
    • regular berry bushes to exotic berry bushes  
    • pine trees to lumpy trees
    • saplings to spiky bushes
    • grass tufts to reeds (this might be a little too broken? but I want to decorate with reeds so bad lol)
  • experiment that makes a plant-able Spiky Tree (just like Arboretum does with a Totally Normal Tree) 
    • I know they are technically useless but I still want them lol...
  • experiment that makes a plant-able cactus 
    • This recipe would have to be pretty expensive / hard to make. Maybe use succulents and/or cactus flowers since they're seasonal and limited.
  • experiment that turns a planted and/or dropped mushroom cap on the floor into a planted mushroom/mushtree
    • This suggestion is definitely a stretch and I acknowledge that lol. Might also be too broken and have to be an expensive recipe.
    • Could have two possible outcomes -
      • small experiment makes a dropped mushroom cap turn into a planted mushroom 
      • large experiment turns the planted mushroom into a mushtree 
      • red cap would make a red mushroom/mushtree 
      • blue cap would make a blue mushroom/mushtree 
      • green cap would make a green mushroom/mushtree
    • Mushtrees would have to work a bit differently above ground???
  • experiment that increases/decreases your sanity overtime for x amount of time?
    • kinda like jelly beans for sanity/insanity?

Might add more to this, hm....

Spoiler

Not sure if Hallowed Nights is even going to get any love this year but regardless this is some stuff I'd love to see added to the game whether through the event or not. Just brain storming don't mind me.

Thanks for reminding me that my favorite time of year is coming up, it’s time to get busy grinding away to earn my cool Halloween themed cosmetics in all my favorite games.

Ive even recently started playing Fortnite, now here’s the thing: I don’t actually “like” Fortnite, I don’t care at all for its Minecraft style crafting System.. but what I DO Care about is the game has skins that lets me play as Batman, Catwoman & Harley Quinn and in Creator Mode I can build my own maps and cram them full of zombies.

For my Battle Royale fix however... Apex Legends is still my go to choice.

And with Halloween right around the corner I know that I will be pressed for time on which game I can actually spend my time to play- and I’m not just talking about Apex or Fortnite, I mean ALL games... any game that gets a cool holiday event update, I got to check it out.

My biggest wishes for DSTs Hallowed Nights 2020 is that they make Certain unweaveable skins weaveable for a limited time during that time of year- the two I would really like to most get are Creepy Cauldron and Wendy Lureplant Head.

PC players can trade skins through steam Market, that’s nice and everything.. but for a console player we can only rely upon pure RNG on if we obtain these items. :(

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

PC players can trade skins through steam Market, that’s nice and everything.. but for a console player we can only rely upon pure RNG on if we obtain these items. :(

I feel like I missed something, there's a marketplace on steam for skins?

On 8/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, Hornete said:

I like some of these ideas, but ideas such as disease cure, cactus plants I really dislike. A disease cure and a way to get more cacti plants shouldn't be restricted to a yearly event.

Ah, as I said, I want this content added whether through the event or not but regardless I don't agree with what you're saying about how certain things "shouldn't be restricted to a yearly event". They have already gone ahead and made a way to get more Totally Normal Trees through this event (which is not only aesthetically cool but is actually a really good way to farm living logs. Not to mention a cheap jelly bean alternative ahem.. I only see the "restricted to a yearly event" being a problem for those who don't play in their worlds long term which honestly if you're not playing long term you probably don't care all that much about stuff like this anyway. Once the lab is crafted in your world you can make the items year round regardless of if the event is still going on or not. I think items restricted to yearly events promotes people to care more about their worlds and commit to the long term play style and also gets them excited and playing during those events. 

Just now, reichull said:

They have already gone ahead and made a way to get more Totally Normal Trees through this event

There are other ways to get living logs, and last I checked there arent exactly any existing ways of curing disease and/or getting more cactus plants.

If there were existing ways to get disease cures and or cactus plants, and the mad scientist lab added more methods of getting such items then I would be fine with that. But making them exclusive to Hallowed Nights, I am not a fan of.

36 minutes ago, Hornete said:

There are other ways to get living logs, and last I checked there arent exactly any existing ways of curing disease and/or getting more cactus plants.

If there were existing ways to get disease cures and or cactus plants, and the mad scientist lab added more methods of getting such items then I would be fine with that. But making them exclusive to Hallowed Nights, I am not a fan of.

Trust me I would prefer them to be added outside of the event lol I'm not super keen being locked out of content due to it only being achievable through a yearly event (don't get me started about how mad I am I can't have the previous Year of the ____ event items in my world). I'm just saying that I enjoy the new content events bring and whatever they decide to add to them should be stuff that is worth it and not stuff that just gets pushed aside or overlooked or forgotten. 

The disease thing I have hardly any business commenting on since I (and I would argue and say a good chunk of players) turn it off. I just think that a cure for disease (imo) would be a luxury and although there is no cure for an already diseased plant- all you need to do is to be mindful and alert of your characters quotes when harvesting the plant and digging it while its in its warning phase. It is preventable but maybe for the sake of those who aren't the best at maintaining their plants and are playing in survival it should be added to the game? Or maybe it should be like wildfires where plants can't get diseased if they're in flingo radius? This would give flingos a purpose outside of summer?

When it comes to reproducing cactus plants (don't get me wrong I would love to have this added to the game outside of the event as well) but I can't help but feel like it might be a bit too broken to do so. Although if they made it so cactus is able to be dug up and replanted (perhaps only on sand turf) I could get behind that. Same with reeds a swamp turf. Hm.

Archived