Is idle farming/gift openers allowed or not?

It seems this question has been asked several times but i couldn't find trustable answer for it 

I need to ask this sadly i already bought skin packs (which costed me around 30+ in our country currency) that i like for this game but there is single few others on other packs i want and single head skin i want

Gotta say i hate this i wish skins you get for free was only salvageable (no trading or selling) so i didn't have to worry about getting banned or worse

3 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I was under the impression that mods for the purpose of idling for skins aren't allowed... but I checked and there's multiple such mods on the Steam Workshop and the first result was uploaded in 2018, so either I was wrong or they don't enforce that rule very much.

Yeah, that's what I thought back when DST was new and such.  But after some small back and forths with JoeW, it would appear that Klei's under lax terms with what is and isn't allowed.  For example, having hundreds of steam accounts with bought copies of the game is as it stands a perfectly fine thing to do for idling.

I think they're following Valve's lead in this regard after seeing how much Valve tried to police things and it never panned out.

5 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

if people payed money for the game then its their right to idle for skins.

Agree 100%. I think that so long as you aren't using any mods that increase your chances for better skins, then you can do whatever you want

Just now, zee_dragon said:

Being Afk and waiting for gifts to drop. As long as you're in the game it counts as playing it.

wait, wait, wait... gifts are done by time and not what you do in-game like in ds? dude, that is awkward ;x; i have made so much crap i didn't need because i occasionally get a giftbox right after making new things on the machines or after refining a bunch of the same item

5 minutes ago, zee_dragon said:

The amount of Exp. you get is by how long you live in vanilla DS.

that is odd because i have spent 20+ days as one character and gotten different experience from playing as another who lasted the same number of days

nevermind apparently there are caveats to how it is tallied. carry on i am an idiot

4 minutes ago, gaymime said:

that is odd because i have spent 20+ days as one character and gotten different experience from playing as another who lasted the same number of days

Your earn about 20 Exp per day, and I don't recall gaining more from playing different characters.

nevermind apparently there are caveats to how it is tallied. carry on i am an idiot

Alright.

1 minute ago, zee_dragon said:

Your earn about 20 Exp per day, and I don't recall gaining more from playing different characters.

i meant the same char on a different run. as stated though i looked at the wiki and you are not given a straight 20 no matter what, sometimes you can get none

What i want to know, are what are the time set milestones to unlocking all the gifts in a week. Someone way back had it figured but then they changed it to more and i forget how many you can get a week EXCLUDING dailys

Cuz can't you just godmode to afk farm skins in console commands if we're talking mods/pc? Why would you install a mod if you can just god mode console command

You get 8 skins in-game + 7 Dailies.

The in-game gifts drop roughly at hour intervals of playtime.

( you play 1 hour, you get a gift, 2 more hours, gift)

I believe the hour count is somethibg like 1-hours for 4 gifts, 2-hours for 4 last gifts.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:33 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

The in-game gifts drop roughly at hour intervals of playtime.

( you play 1 hour, you get a gift, 2 more hours, gift)

I believe the hour count is somethibg like 1-hours for 4 gifts, 2-hours for 4 last gifts.

From my tests the gift drops happen at a random interval between [6, 12] 6-minute intervals.  So some time between 36 and 1h12m, but always on a 6-minute partition assuming the client is playing continuously, for all weekly in-game drops.

6 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

From my tests the gift drops happen at a random interval between [6, 12] 6-minute intervals.  So some time between 36 and 1h12m, but always on a 6-minute partition assuming the client is playing continuously, for all weekly in-game drops.

Interesting, that does match up with me getting skins every 60 or so minutes.
Thanks!

Archived