Is there is any way to prevent world gen like this?

Things like what?

Seeing how little you explored my advice would be to just /regenerate the world if there's something you are not happy with. But who knows, you might be losing a triple mctusk map or a reed trap map.

i'm not seeing a problem. on-continent peninsulas are super boss for basebuilding especially with it being right there where you can build around the portal<3 oxo to be perfectly honest i really want something like that to happen in one of my worlds

They probably are reffering to the annoying tiny lakes of water (sometimes not big enough for a boat even) around where willow is. I don't like it either.

I dont think they are talking about the spawn being a peninsula.

Circled the smol annoying lakes: the big on is not as much of a problem but the smol ones are very annoying

qwertyuiop.png

Spoiler

And yes I named the edited image qwertyuiop.

I mean, I had to build right around one of those things to make my ruins...

127ruinsmainarea.thumb.png.629be3d18ed26e323a849d2e372a2912.png

...but I got around it by...literally building around it.  That little gap of water is now inside the building, because SCREW IT.  XD

(...and in this case--since the backstory is that this place got whacked by natural disasters--Floor Hole actually makes sense.)

So anyway that's my sage advice.  If you hate those things, pretend they don't exist or make up a story for them.  : P

...Notorious

This is from personal experience, but I rarely experience this whenever I turn branches to least. I don't like it when the biomes criss-cross over like this either, so I tend to play with branches toned down. It may make your world more likely to donut, but it's something I prefer to what's shown in the picture.

Archived