QOL Request - Enraged Klaus Drops a Krampus Sack

There is currently zero reason to fight Enraged Klaus. He exists solely to punish players who kill the deer before killing Klaus and is extremely difficult to kill. Why not give a good reason to fight him? Say...a 100% chance of a Krampus Sack drop?

This has already been implemented by the Uncompromising Mode devs, and I hardly think it would be too great of a reward considering the overwhelming difficulty of killing Enraged Klaus.

Thoughts?

I dunno, personally I dont like players getting more reward from killing enraged Klaus. In my opinion, the point of enraged klaus is a punishment, because you killed his deer. I dont think that punishment should be able to turn into a reward.

8 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I dunno, personally I dont like players getting more reward from killing enraged Klaus. In my opinion, the point of enraged klaus is a punishment, because you killed his deer. I dont think that punishment should be able to turn into a reward.

It buffs the boss and changes the dynamic of the fight. Klaus is still killable despite the ridiculous resistance and dps machine he turns into. 

It doesn't directly kill your character off instantly, or make your food spoil, or delete your game instantly. I don't see it as a "punishment".

100% agreed with the idea.

17 minutes ago, Hornete said:

In my opinion, the point of enraged klaus is a punishment, because you killed his deer.

If the sole purpose of this transformation was to punish players then why not just have Klaus immediately kill players, or have him rage and despawn, or just make him invincible? If Klaus is still fightable and killable at this point then you are just left with an extremely challenging boss fight that gives no return for the effort.

I love this idea we have talked about this many times. All forms of "enraged bosses" should have some sort of rewards for example killing Dragon Fly while enraged drops extra scales or blueprints, killing misery toadstool could prevent frog rain or rain itself for next spring. But yes I totally agree that killing bosses while enraged or angered should have a better drop rate. Even if they offered a totally new item that dropped during this fight it would promote harder battles which we really need. 

@Hornete Following your logic, misery is a punishment for sacrificing a bird, but he still drops great loot. I have no problem with the logic, but I will point out that this is a game that rewards players for being able to murder just about anything in their path xD

That aside, I would also like to see Enraged Klaus drop something as a reward for overcoming the difficulty, maybe this could tie in to the infinite light QOL suggestion, maybe Enraged Klaus could drop a festive light no matter if Winter's Feast is on or not. But a better chance for Krampus Sack would also be entertaining.

One thing that we had to make sure of in UM is that you can't cheese the fight by getting Klaus low, then killing the deer, then killing him for a free Krampus sack, so in our mod, whenever Klaus enrages it resets his health to full. This actually becomes quite interesting because players have a few options in how they want to fight enraged Klaus:

First: They could get him to second phase, then kill the deer, and fight enraged Klaus with the chomp attack for 10,000 health. Or....

Secondly: They could enrage him in first phase, meaning you have to go through more health overall (15,000 counting reviving), but less health in which enraged Klaus has the chomp attack (5,000).

It is just a neat principle and I wonder if klei would do something similar if he does get special loot.

What would you guys prefer? The first method, or the second method?

2 hours ago, Willplaygames said:

Following your logic, misery is a punishment for sacrificing a bird, but he still drops great loot.

No, that's entirely different logic. Misery Toadstool is a harder version of a boss that you have to create before the boss fight even starts, while enraged Klaus is punishment for doing the boss fight incorrectly ie killing off the deer. A better comparison would be enraged Dragonfly, who also does not drop unique loot.

20 hours ago, chirsg said:

Small issue is that if you count hits, you could kill the deer when klaus is almost dead during phase 2. what would be the criteria of enraged klaus? killing deer before phase 1 ends?

yea, or maybe before he gets down to 5000 health, ergo before he spawns some krampii

Archived